Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How big is it? My internet only peaks at about 60megs a sec.
    It's the full game apparently (they're redoing how it's stored etc.), so around 50GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's the full game apparently (they're redoing how it's stored etc.), so around 50GB.
    Ok so that isn't too bad, it will only take 15mins to download. I may give it a try I have heard good things.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ok so that isn't too bad, it will only take 15mins to download. I may give it a try I have heard good things.
    It'll probably take longer to install than it will to download, unless you're running it on a SSD. I just went AFK and let it do its thing for an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It'll probably take longer to install than it will to download, unless you're running it on a SSD. I just went AFK and let it do its thing for an hour or two.
    I have an SSD but no rooooom left on it, I may have to delete WoW.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

So as someone who jumps into ESO for a few months, jumps out and is now wanting to jump back in...

Can someone explain to me in simple terms how DLCs / Chapters / Zone DLCs work?

If I buy the Greymoor upgrade, is it like WoW where it will also give me all previous Chapters / DLCs? How do I even know what I have?

Confused as hell on what I should buy, what I have, what buying Greymoor gives me... etc

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So as someone who jumps into ESO for a few months, jumps out and is now wanting to jump back in...

Can someone explain to me in simple terms how DLCs / Chapters / Zone DLCs work?

If I buy the Greymoor upgrade, is it like WoW where it will also give me all previous Chapters / DLCs? How do I even know what I have?

Confused as hell on what I should buy, what I have, what buying Greymoor gives me... etc
    all DLC's are included with subscription. that includes previous chapters ONCE Graymoor is released, before that - you need to buy current expansion. so in that regard its exactly like wow. the main difference is that if you chose not to subscribe, you have to buy all the prior expansions and DLC's separately with exception of Vvardenfel and imperial city which are now included in base game regardless of your subscription status.

If you buy Graymoor, you get all the previous Chapters and can access them whenever you want, with or without the subscription. DLC's are completely separate and do not come part of any Chapter. You can either buy the DLC's individually or have full access to them all with a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    If you buy Graymoor, you get all the previous Chapters and can access them whenever you want, with or without the subscription. DLC's are completely separate and do not come part of any Chapter. You can either buy the DLC's individually or have full access to them all with a subscription.
    that only applies if you buy greymoor + base game. upgrade doesn't include previous chapters.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...eymoor_edition

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Pre-purchase for immediate access to an exclusive mount, the base game, and Elsweyr™, Summerset™ & Morrowind™ Chapters in addition to bonus in-game content at launch.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...eymoor_upgrade

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Pre-purchase for immediate access to an exclusive mount in addition to bonus in-game content available at launch.

it.. might actualy be worth it to buy greymoor edition rather then upgrade, since for $20 extra bucks, you get full acess to all expansion features, which includes a warden class (and if they do the same with Elsweyr that they did with Vvardenfel - necromancer would be separate purchase once Greymoor drops as well). cheaper then buying crowns to unlock those

Is there a way to learn how to like the games combat?

I love everything about this game except its combat cus I feel so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Is there a way to learn how to like the games combat?

I love everything about this game except its combat cus I feel so limited.
    limited in what way?

I don't know if you can "learn to like" it, its a very particular type of combat. but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by limited in context of ESO combat, since you have combination of 2 weapons and 12 skills on 2 bars that you select out of I don't even know how many skills you can learn - to create a rotation from.

you can learn how to be better at it with practice and understanding. learning to like it though... I've been playing this games for years now and I only hate the combat more with each passing year and every new combat change :/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    limited in what way?

I don't know if you can "learn to like" it, its a very particular type of combat. but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by limited in context of ESO combat, since you have combination of 2 weapons and 12 skills on 2 bars that you select out of I don't even know how many skills you can learn - to create a rotation from.

you can learn how to be better at it with practice and understanding. learning to like it though... I've been playing this games for years now and I only hate the combat more with each passing year and every new combat change :/
    I hate the weapon skills. They are identical on all classes, might as well have one class where you could choose what you wanted instead.

I hate that I can't be a Magicka guy with sword and shield. I would love that for cosmetic reasons.

I'm not a fan of light and heavy attacks, and I hate that I have to switch weapons to get more skills.

I hate the weapon skills. They are identical on all classes, might as well have one class where you could choose what you wanted instead.

I hate that I can't be a Magicka guy with sword and shield. I would love that for cosmetic reasons.

I'm not a fan of light and heavy attacks, and I hate that I have to switch weapons to get more skills.
    You either just get used to it, or you get over it.

And you technically CAN be a Magicka guy with sword and shield...you just have to NOT use the sword and shield and instead use magicka class skills while those weapons are equipped. It's not optimal, but it IS possible.

I'm playing a Sword+Board Necromancer and I like it well enough, it's a decent mix of Stamina, Health and Magicka (mostly Health and Stamina, though). My main complaint with ESO prior to playing that class was how squishy I was and that I couldn't easily do open world content. Don't have that problem at all on my Necro, though I still can't solo world bosses, but I'm also only level 30 and only decently geared. I can solo most public dungeons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

And you technically CAN be a Magicka guy with sword and shield...you just have to NOT use the sword and shield and instead use magicka class skills while those weapons are equipped. It's not optimal, but it IS possible.

I'm playing a Sword+Board Necromancer and I like it well enough, it's a decent mix of Stamina, Health and Magicka (mostly Health and Stamina, though). My main complaint with ESO prior to playing that class was how squishy I was and that I couldn't easily do open world content. Don't have that problem at all on my Necro, though I still can't solo world bosses, but I'm also only level 30 and only decently geared. I can solo most public dungeons though.
    Depending on what content you want to be doing at lvl50, I am not sure how viable that set up is other than for normal, non-DLC dungeons and everything overland other than perhaps soloing bosses (expansion ones anyway). Also, at 30 it's just too early to make a judgement of things and I would say enjoy having a bit of a challenge on overland content before it all becomes entirely trivial.

Regarding the combat, it is as you said. The first time I tried this game I put it down for a year because I just couldn't get used to it at all (I was trying to play the game like WoW). When I came back a couple of years ago and gave it another go, it just clicked for the most part and I enjoyed the game much more, at least for the time I played it.

you have variety of weapons to chose from. you could use more class skills.

light and heavy attacks as well as weapon switching i wouldn't call that limiting as much as just peculiarity of this game. it probably doesn't help, but light attack weaving etc is my major point of dislike for combat in this game as well. unfortunately, its going nowhere.

but... unless you are trying to push harder content, you can do pretty much whatever you want. (except taunt of a tank, don't do that, please - tanking in this game is a clusterfuck as it is)

But if you run with sword and shield and are a Magicka class, you'd suffer from light armor in melee and lack of Magicka regen with heavy attack.

5 pc light, 2 pc heavy. heavy armor for things like legs and chest. enough to let you use half the passives from heavy armor tree, while also utilizing magika regen from light. can also use magika regen mundus, forgot which one that was, atronach maybe? and have magika regen enchants on your jewelry. can also have some health enchants on at least some of your armor.

I have a hybrid tank that I've been two manning things on with my SO, while he was still playing. she wears 2 pc heavy, 5 pc light with mix of enchants. her abilities are primarily magika, as splitting focus between 3 stats instead of two (health and magika) actualy left her with ability to do SOME damage AND have some survivability. it means she has to conserve stamina primarily for blocks and dodges and nothing else, but it was worth it.

as long as you are not trying to push the numbers/progression, there is room to mess around there.

PTS is great for that as you can create max level template character and they give you all the gear in the game, a ton of gold, etc and all skill lines maxed out, so you can spec, respec and test until you are happy with a result.

leveling up your abilities in this game does require patience. lots and lots of patience. they are not exactly intuitive and that's another thing i dislike. but that's the thing. you either accept it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    5 pc light, 2 pc heavy. heavy armor for things like legs and chest. enough to let you use half the passives from heavy armor tree, while also utilizing magika regen from light. can also use magika regen mundus, forgot which one that was, atronach maybe? and have magika regen enchants on your jewelry. can also have some health enchants on at least some of your armor.

I have a hybrid tank that I've been two manning things on with my SO, while he was still playing. she wears 2 pc heavy, 5 pc light with mix of enchants. her abilities are primarily magika, as splitting focus between 3 stats instead of two (health and magika) actualy left her with ability to do SOME damage AND have some survivability. it means she has to conserve stamina primarily for blocks and dodges and nothing else, but it was worth it.

as long as you are not trying to push the numbers/progression, there is room to mess around there.

PTS is great for that as you can create max level template character and they give you all the gear in the game, a ton of gold, etc and all skill lines maxed out, so you can spec, respec and test until you are happy with a result.

leveling up your abilities in this game does require patience. lots and lots of patience. they are not exactly intuitive and that's another thing i dislike. but that's the thing. you either accept it or you don't.
    But running around like that is probably viable when soloing content, but won't you be kicked in a dungeon running around like that?

But running around like that is probably viable when soloing content, but won't you be kicked in a dungeon running around like that?
    you might be. you might not be. if you are doing normals or non DLC vets, most the time people don't care, especially if you seem to be performing the role you signed up for and the run is going smoothly enough. DLC vets is where you cannot do that anymore.

but... that's pretty normal for every mmo. harder content? they want you to play meta.

at least there is room to play around with how you play your character at all. /shrug.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

That is true. Or they can stop playing the game. I do not think that is what the developers want however.

ESO is a really good MMO, but it has it's flaws. The controls and how each class does not feel that distinct, is some of them. If the developers and those in charge of the game's directions, ignore those, then they should not expect more active players.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is true. Or they can stop playing the game. I do not think that is what the developers want however.

ESO is a really good MMO, but it has it's flaws. The controls and how each class does not feel that distinct, is some of them. If the developers and those in charge of the game's directions, ignore those, then they should not expect more active players.
    100% Agreed.

It's a good enough game for story, immersion and exploring. But combat is honestly pretty terrible, IMO. Light attack weaving feels and looks awful, the lack of class distinction is a downer (though not a game breaker), but the worst is the severe limitation on abilities and the fact that you have to literally change weapons in order to access your full set. The only word I can use to describe it is functional, because it's obviously good enough to work, but it doesn't feel good at all to play.

I have to be in the mood for just story and narrative in order to stomach playing ESO, because nothing else is good enough alone to warrant playing it, IMO.