Bought this + Morrowind on Steam for 29$ a week or so ago. I'm pretty happy with it. There's a ton of stuff to do. The base game was as low as 10$, definitely worth it.

Played it in the Beta and didn't like it, but now it's much better. My only issue with it is that it seems there's a lot of cool content behind DLC paywalls. They are having a week of ESO+ membership for free where you can play every DLC so if you started the game or want to make sure to play this week and get all the achievements/items you want from the DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Is there a way to buy crowns via gold (akin to how you can do such a thing with Guild Wars 2's gems)? I am thinking not. No big deal, really.
    None that I'm aware of, I don't believe ZMO has put any sort of currency exchange system into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    None that I'm aware of, I don't believe ZMO has put any sort of currency exchange system into the game.
    Ur right they don't and with the money they get with loot crates Idk if they ever will. I was considering giving an xbox currency to one of my guilds one time for a lotto and just take 50-90% of the gold from the lotto sales, not sure how legal it would be but it seems like it would be ok.

im looking to start playing.. I need something new.. Im so tired of wow

7+ Year Old Account
    There was some friendly incentive to go ahead and try Elder Scrolls Online so I bought the Tamriel Unlimited to have a look. My intention was to give it a fair chance, but it's hard to ignore how much I hate it. Others will like it for what it offers, but it's not for me, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    There was some friendly incentive to go ahead and try Elder Scrolls Online so I bought the Tamriel Unlimited to have a look. My intention was to give it a fair chance, but it's hard to ignore how much I hate it. Others will like it for what it offers, but it's not for me, sadly.
    To me it looks like a improved skyrim. Its not a dumb, target and press ability mmo, but it makes you think a lot what to do.
    And i just love all the freedom you have in it...no stupid walls.

I generaly check every npcs and you can find gems like this:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Starting tomorrow they have a free ESO Plus Bonus Event. Where you get to try eso plus for free until the 15-16th. And if you already have a sub you get a free crown crate just logging in. Nows the time to deck the shit out of your houses if you dont have a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Starting tomorrow they have a free ESO Plus Bonus Event. Where you get to try eso plus for free until the 15-16th. And if you already have a sub you get a free crown crate just logging in. Nows the time to deck the shit out of your houses if you dont have a sub.
    Awwww yis, booted it back up the other day and was refamiliarizing myself with it. Once I finish wrapping up my Secret World project (clearing Tokyo) I'm considering resubbing for a few months and coming back to the game, then spending the cash shop stipend on some of the DLC I'm missing.

Just trying to figure out if I want to keep playing with mouse/keyboard and all my mods, which make the game so much more enjoyable when dealing with the UI etc., or whether I want to go back to gamepad. The game always just feels a lot better on gamepad, but damn if a lot of the menus/UI aren't a pain in the butt with that input system -_-

Awwww yis, booted it back up the other day and was refamiliarizing myself with it. Once I finish wrapping up my Secret World project (clearing Tokyo) I'm considering resubbing for a few months and coming back to the game, then spending the cash shop stipend on some of the DLC I'm missing.

Just trying to figure out if I want to keep playing with mouse/keyboard and all my mods, which make the game so much more enjoyable when dealing with the UI etc., or whether I want to go back to gamepad. The game always just feels a lot better on gamepad, but damn if a lot of the menus/UI aren't a pain in the butt with that input system -_-
    I play on xbox mainly but I did get a pc copy with a humble bundle or monthly so I made a account account as well and I like the xbox menu/ui more than the pc one, not sure if they are the same as the pc with gamepad tho. My only real problems with it is that I can't seem to find the category in the traders that writs and some of the other newer items fall under and no way in hell am I searching thru 80 pages of stuff just to find an item. Love the xbox crafting menu, the pc menu seems really strange.

I did stupidly buy pariahs pinnacle on pc and nearly capped it on decorations before my free 15 days ran out so i may try and finish that this week.

Gamepad UI is the same I believe. The base PC UI is pretty bad as well, but it seems most of the mods I have only work with the mouse/keyboard UI and don't work with the gamepad at all : /

It's just frustrating to need to choose between a modded but enjoyable mouse/keyboard UI experience or a more enjoyable gamepad gameplay experience. BLEH.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    To me it looks like a improved skyrim. Its not a dumb, target and press ability mmo, but it makes you think a lot what to do.
    And i just love all the freedom you have in it...no stupid walls.

I generaly check every npcs and you can find gems like this:
    Not a fan of Skyrim as I dislike wielding melee weapons in first person. Tabtargeting feels like an improvement to me, it's the staple of classic mmo. And the faster pace and depth of say wow appeals to me more. But I'm glad I tried it so have no regrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamepad UI is the same I believe. The base PC UI is pretty bad as well, but it seems most of the mods I have only work with the mouse/keyboard UI and don't work with the gamepad at all : /

It's just frustrating to need to choose between a modded but enjoyable mouse/keyboard UI experience or a more enjoyable gamepad gameplay experience. BLEH.
    I play with Gamepad. I ended up using an addon that kinda turns the inventory into a SkyUI'ish style. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...mentsHotR.html

Not a fan of Skyrim as I dislike wielding melee weapons in first person. Tabtargeting feels like an improvement to me, it's the staple of classic mmo. And the faster pace and depth of say wow appeals to me more. But I'm glad I tried it so have no regrets.
    the thing is ESO is actualy faster paced than wow. having to manually target rather then tab target can be a drawback depending on your preference (to be honest, I'm not a fan either, I just.. kinda got used to it, because the rest of the game is so enjoyable for me. but... becasue of how global cooldowns and auto attack in WoW works, the pace there is slower then ESO when you play it well. also... you can play as ranged and in third person? I mean... people play this in first person as a matter of preference, but most people actualy stick to third person view. you can play magic casters, and while bow is often frowned upon in group content, it does perfectly fine solo. (it can also work in groups, just requires very precise rotation to do well with)

P.S. I have honestly no clue how people play this on console. even with addons, trading can be... rough. without them? /shudder no proper search option, no way to narrow down the search categories, just endless scrolling....
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-01-10 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I play with Gamepad. I ended up using an addon that kinda turns the inventory into a SkyUI'ish style. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...mentsHotR.html

*snip*
    Hmmm, that's definitely better than the default one but still kinda meh. I'll bookmark to give a download before the next time I jump back in, thanks for sharing!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the thing is ESO is actualy faster paced than wow. having to manually target rather then tab target can be a drawback depending on your preference (to be honest, I'm not a fan either, I just.. kinda got used to it, because the rest of the game is so enjoyable for me. but... becasue of how global cooldowns and auto attack in WoW works, the pace there is slower then ESO when you play it well. also... you can play as ranged and in third person? I mean... people play this in first person as a matter of preference, but most people actualy stick to third person view. you can play magic casters, and while bow is often frowned upon in group content, it does perfectly fine solo. (it can also work in groups, just requires very precise rotation to do well with)

P.S. I have honestly no clue how people play this on console. even with addons, trading can be... rough. without them? /shudder no proper search option, no way to narrow down the search categories, just endless scrolling....
    I have to admit that I didn't progress into endgame. It seemed slower since the magicka pool was such a limiting factor. I could only do a few attacks and then had to resort to my basic attack. Animation cancelling was also a factor that felt wonky, like a broken mechanic. Blocking is also not something I was fond of as a sorcerer. Leveling up your skills by having the ones you need on your skillbar also didn't sit well for me. It felt limiting and newbie unfriendly. I fully understand the QoL and sheer freedom to be able to double dip in classes on one char, but it unfortunately brings me out of the class fantasy immersion. As someone who's competitive and striving for orange/beige parses I need to feel comfortable with the gamestyle and sadly ESO just feels doesn't feel right.

I have to admit that I didn't progress into endgame. It seemed slower since the magicka pool was such a limiting factor. I could only do a few attacks and then had to resort to my basic attack. Animation cancelling was also a factor that felt wonky, like a broken mechanic. Blocking is also not something I was fond of as a sorcerer. Leveling up your skills by having the ones you need on your skillbar also didn't sit well for me. It felt limiting and newbie unfriendly. I fully understand the QoL and sheer freedom to be able to double dip in classes on one char, but it unfortunately brings me out of the class fantasy immersion. As someone who's competitive and striving for orange/beige parses I need to feel comfortable with the gamestyle and sadly ESO just feels doesn't feel right.
    animation canceling IS a broken mechanic and probably my biggest pet peeve with this game. unfortunately ZoS gave up on trying to fix it years ago, so now we are stuck with it :/ some people love it. some people do not.

not liking the gameplay is totally understandable (and magika/stamina sustain didn't used to be that bad before, until ZoS decided that we didn't do enough resource management, but its still possible to sustain via judicious heavy attack weaving, gearing a certain way and certain abilities from a healer mainly returning magika on attacks.) that it takes a while for the combat to get where it actualy feels complete IS a problem. I was just trying to point out that slower then WoW pace is not one of those :P maybe in early game before you get all of your passive buffs and level up abilities and before you figure out a rotation. but definitely not at end game. and becasue of mobility of dodging etc - there is a bit less stationary turreting, especially as a healer (which is what I tend to play the most).

as for class fantasy, there is some of that with unique class abilities, but... its an elder scrolls games. that we even have classes at all is about out of the norm. typically Elder scrolls don't really have defined classes, you just build your character in whatever way you feel like. certainly a matter of preference as well. I'll give you skill leveling. its... an odd mechanic. just.. part of the quirks of the game, I suppose.

anyways, gameplay not feeling right, likes its not your thing? totally fair. I just mean of all the things that ESO combat is - slow is not really one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    im looking to start playing.. I need something new.. Im so tired of wow
    CDKeys has it for 7$.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    CDKeys has it for 7$.

Bought it for 10...
    It's pretty good so far.

Ok.

I want to like this game. I loved Morrowind and Skyrim and sustained Oblivion. I like elder scrolls lore, love playing argonian.

But for some reason ESO just dont click with me. Constantly got this feeling of cheaply made game mechanics only to create barebones.
    Worst about this i know it is correct, game is polished, lore is there, there is freedom of choice with creating character. But just overall meh feeling. Dunno why.

I could write fault i see in game but just want to share and see if somebody feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The gameplay is meh. I agree on that. It's also not particularly punishing though so you really can just explore the world and see all the stories. And that questing experience is pretty amazing and also quite massive.
    I wouldn't replace another MMO with ESO. I'd think of it as a very large CRPG.
    I've found it to be a decent alternative/complementary game to FF14 since that game is in one of it dry spells, which is common with any patch that ends with an odd number (x.1, x.3, etc.). Both games will have major patches coming up in the coming weeks, so choosing which one to focus on will be tough...and that's a good problem to have, imo.