Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Im glad you are enjoying it.
    Im waiting for the prophecy to happen.
    I cant seem to enjoy any MMO if is just a simple MMO. It needs to be out of this world.

Lack of friends in real life willing to try a new MMO is also a thing for me...so ill just have to sit and wait.
    I'm curious: what should an mmo have to be the prophecy one (not a simple mmo?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I have read that too. But myself, not had any issues since I been playing from last Nov, 2018 up to now. Maybe they have fixed them?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Maybe it is because I do not use any addons but the min-map one?

- - - Updated - - -

Same here Connal. I love the attention to details the developers have put into the game and the art work is awesome.
    nope, its not addons steam has issues. and its not always limited to ESO either, i think you are just lucky with playtimes and such. I mean.. i've missed some outages of the game in general not just steam - myself, because they happened outside of my playtime. moreover, I use the same copy of the game to play my non steam accounts (the game takes up a LOT of space, so I'd rather not have to have it installed twice) and it works perfectly well, even while steam is having outages. the issue is steam version of launcher specific.

I'm not kidding when I say that a fair number of people ended up getting an extra copy of the base game on sale, just to disconnect it from steam, and i'm guilded with a fair number of people who have older, release copy of steam - the one that allows you to login directly, bypassing steam all together.. and so they don't use it either. mostly i'm pointing it out to demonstrate that steam numbers are not a good indicator of population is all
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-03-11 at 07:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do. lol! And not had any of the issues I have read others have had with logins and such. Works great for me since others can buy me Steam wallet credits for gifts and I can use it for the DLC's in the game.
    Yes, some newer players such as you use Steam. The game hasn't been on Steam for that long and the older players (like me) have a non-Steam account and it can't be linked to Steam even if I wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    nope, its not addons steam has issues. and its not always limited to ESO either, i think you are just lucky with playtimes and such. I mean.. i've missed some outages of the game in general not just steam - myself, because they happened outside of my playtime. moreover, I use the same copy of the game to play my non steam accounts (the game takes up a LOT of space, so I'd rather not have to have it installed twice) and it works perfectly well, even while steam is having outages. the issue is steam version of launcher specific.

I'm not kidding when I say that a fair number of people ended up getting an extra copy of the base game on sale, just to disconnect it from steam, and i'm guilded with a fair number of people who have older, release copy of steam - the one that allows you to login directly, bypassing steam all together.. and so they don't use it either. mostly i'm pointing it out to demonstrate that steam numbers are not a good indicator of population is all
    Yeah not disputing it is a indicator of the number of players. I would assume the large majority do not play the game thru Steam. But I am also not sure it is just because I am lucky. hehe. For one, it is important in the Steam settings for your games, you select to only update them when you launch the game. I have other games I play on occasion in my library besides ESO. But none of them will update unless I launch them. Also, on occasion, Steam itself will do a update. That could be like you said, I have no issues because of the times I play.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I'm curious: what should an mmo have to be the prophecy one (not a simple mmo?)
    It needs to "beat" WoW in every aspect To the point of almost everyone quitting WoW >_<
    The WoW Killer
    A Myth
    A Legend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, some newer players such as you use Steam. The game hasn't been on Steam for that long and the older players (like me) have a non-Steam account and it can't be linked to Steam even if I wanted to.
    That is a good point. But personally, I really like Steam. They have some great sales on at times, like ESO.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I have read that too. But myself, not had any issues since I been playing from last Nov, 2018 up to now. Maybe they have fixed them?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Maybe it is because I do not use any addons but the min-map one?

- - - Updated - - -

Same here Connal. I love the attention to details the developers have put into the game and the art work is awesome.
    Aye. You can see the passion that goes into this game. For me the 2 big MMOs where I feel like the passion is there so far is this and FF14.

Devs seem very dedicated to their work and care about the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    It needs to "beat" WoW in every aspect To the point of almost everyone quitting WoW >_<
    The WoW Killer
    A Myth
    A Legend
    ESO beats WoW in several important for me areas. No sub and I can pick and choose which DLC's I want to play. Even with no DLC's, the base game ( which now comes with Morrowind expansion ) has a ton of content. The art work is more realistic and with voice acting for all the quests npc's ( very well done too ) and many others. Lots of lore. PVP is done like it should be. Get it when it is on sale for $9.99 and you are spending a lot less money for such a amazing amount of content. I think I am done paying a sub any more for any MMO.

speaking of love and attention to detail - new ESO live this friday, among other things, interview with new loremaster (will miss Laurence forever, anyways)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/55885

as for that talk of wow killers ... no game can be everything for everyone. not even wow is everything for everyone, which is why so many different MMO's other then wow - exist on the market. all that talk about wow killers is saying to me is that people keep setting themselves and games they try to play - up for a failure, deliberately, because ... honestly, i don't know why. makes zero sense to me
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-03-11 at 11:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    speaking of love and attention to detail - new ESO live this friday, among other things, interview with new loremaster (will miss Laurence forever, anyways)

as for that talk of wow killers ... no game can be everything for everyone. not even wow is everything for everyone, which is why so many different MMO's other then wow - exist on the market. all that talk about wow killers is saying to me is that people keep setting themselves and games they try to play - up for a failure, deliberately, because ... honestly, i don't know why. makes zero sense to me
    Listening to Lawrence was like ASMR - he was such a great loremaster with a soothing voice.

Like this:

Last edited by Puupi; 2019-03-11 at 11:32 PM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Exactly.

No game needs to kill WoW. GW2, ESO and FF14 are surviving just fine for example. As are a few good F2P games.

And hell FF14 and ESO especially give WoW a run for it's money these days imo. I mean I'd love a new king in the genre and for me there already is but I mean something that reinvents the wheel completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Listening to Lawrence was like ASMR - he was such a great loremaster with a soothing voice.

Like this:

I KNOW! he could read a phonebook and I'd set there, listening, mesmerized :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean when someone articulates their personal desires about a game as "prophecy" you can't expect them to take a nuanced perspective.
    point taken :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly.

No game needs to kill WoW. GW2, ESO and FF14 are surviving just fine for example. As are a few good F2P games.

And hell FF14 and ESO especially give WoW a run for it's money these days imo. I mean I'd love a new king in the genre and for me there already is but I mean something that reinvents the wheel completely.
    yep. I mean, I personaly don't really need or want a new king, but I would love to see something new and interesting come around - variety is a spice of life after all

I'm surprised this game doesn't have its own subforum, considering way less popular games have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I'm surprised this game doesn't have its own subforum, considering way less popular games have one.
    I think it is because this forum is basically done innovating and/or updating. We're lucky enough they haven't shut it down yet. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And at the same time there is just too few of us.
    We are few, but we are proud and mighty!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what I'm doing in this game

I'm a nord night blade fresh off the boat and I have no idea where to go or what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post

I'm a nord night blade fresh off the boat and I have no idea where to go or what to do
    Whatever you want.

Wanna do some zone story? Go do it.

Wanna go steal or pickpocket some peeps? Go right ahead.

That's the beauty of the game. You can go anywhere and do anything. Of course Dungeons and PvP don't unlock until level 10.

if you'd like a little more structure then just exploring at will - there is now a zone guide to help you, you accessing it by opening your map, M on pc - on the left of it, there is going to be your completion progress bars and under them - a button to open the guide, where ,when you open it, there is an option to start a zone story. I'm going to assume that you either don't have adventure pack, or went with standard alliance for your nord - aka your are in ebonheart pact. in this case, if you want to start the story from very beginning - you can go to Davon's watch, your starting city in stonefalls zone. anonymous benefactor should who up for you pretty much as soon as you enter the city - talk to them and that starts you on original intro questline. quests that are part of main story of a zone - will always have this fancy/ornate looking quest diamond over NPC heads. side stories are going to have a smaller/simpler marker. repeatable/daily quests are blue markers

As @Witchblade77 said there's now a zone guide to help you through the zones, so if you would like a more directed experience you can use that.

The focus of ESO are the quest chains and world lore. Since you and the world scale to make everything, everywhere, relevant to progression there's no wrong way of leveling up. Just start tackling quests as they come up, doing the main story as it becomes available to get your soul points and leveling up your soul magic. Enjoy the world. Follow the quest chains and where they take you, picking up new ones as they come along, explore the map so you "discover" all of the points of interest. The less important quests will offer smaller rewards, but are still fun, the more important quests take longer but offer larger rewards and can even change the phase of a location (NPC's are no longer hostile, doors are no longer locked, etc...) and sometimes are required to complete to "discover" that point of interest. IMO they're always worth it.

I find that add-ons enhance the experience somewhat, but they're by no means mandatory. I just google "must have add-ons for ESO" to find sites with recommendations. I use the Minion companion app (on PC) to manage them. If you're on console, not much I can say there.

Only thing I can say about this game is that, for me at least, you have to take your time and just go along for the ride with the quests, experiencing the story, learning the lore, enjoy the ride, because the combat is not great, in comparison to other games out there and end-game is just like every other MMO out there as far as what you do; grind content.

So I decided to buy a few crowns and finally get a house that's furnished too. Bought myself Cliffshade and I love it.

However I also got a huge house for free called "grand psijic villa". Is that just something you get for free when purchasing any house because if so that's pretty cool?