10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Just finished watching Your Lie in April...

Wow.

Such a great anime. I'm not a very sensitive person, can't remember the last time I cried, but this one made me shed some tears on the last episode.

At the end when Arima is reading over her letter, I lost it.

This and Ano Hana gets the privilege of being the only two anime to ever make me cry at the end.

Kudos.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

to me the ending felt rushed,

at the first competition we got to see the 2 rivals and arima play fully, then theres lotsa parts about how they are gunna improve and put their emotions into their piano, yet at the final one all we see is a quick shot of them and then arima's playing, that disappointed me i would have liked to see how they planned to convey their feelings and counter arima.

kaori's death, well meh didn't care much tbh, i think she didn't do "enough" during the previous episodes to warrant a emotional bond between her and me as a viewer. at the final ep i was more concerned about the competition rather than her well being.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    to me the ending felt rushed,

at the first competition we got to see the 2 rivals and arima play fully, then theres lotsa parts about how they are gunna improve and put their emotions into their piano, yet at the final one all we see is a quick shot of them and then arima's playing, that disappointed me i would have liked to see how they planned to convey their feelings and counter arima.

kaori's death, well meh didn't care much tbh, i think she didn't do "enough" during the previous episodes to warrant a emotional bond between her and me as a viewer. at the final ep i was more concerned about the competition rather than her well being.

-----------------SPOILERS------------------------
    I liked that they didn't touch on it at the end. It's a way of telling us that it just wasn't important to Arima. In fact, they didn't even say who won that competition or if he even got accepted into the music school, because, just like in real life, the death of a loved one automatically makes all of that shit obsolete. He didn't even worry about it, and in that way, was telling the audience not to worry about it either.

With that said, maybe they were originally planning on a 24 ep series but had to cut it down to 22?

Either way, I think it ended perfectly.

This really isn't a tournament type anime (in fact, he doesn't win anything. No one does in the entire anime. Not him, not his friends, not Kaori, no one. Only time he won anything was in the flashbacks when he was a kid to show off the other two rival's emotions that arose from it), the main focus of this anime was emotion and the journey he undertook from being scarred by his mother and healed by Kaori. All the main characters had a journey of their own through out the series. In fact, I don't think there was a single episode where someone wasn't crying about something.

As for Kaori, I'm very glad they didn't have the reveal until the very last part of the last episode. That's what made it emotional. Makes me want to rewatch the entire anime knowing that from the very beginning, she wanted to be with him.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-03-25 at 09:07 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    -----------------SPOILERS------------------------
    I liked that they didn't touch on it at the end. It's a way of telling us that it just wasn't important to Arima. In fact, they didn't even say who won that competition or if he even got accepted into the music school, because, just like in real life, the death of a loved one automatically makes all of that shit obsolete. He didn't even worry about it, and in that way, was telling the audience not to worry about it either.
    i dont rly care about who won either, but the whole nagi arc trying to convey her feelings toward her brothers depression and then they dont show us if indeed he managed to receive her intentions and managed to get out of his depression. basicly the whole nagi arc is just a filler now as we dont see any result from her struggle to get her brother back on track. ye we did see flashbacks indicating that he might go back to the way he was (when he ran out after confronting arima about nagi + arima performing) but i would have liked to see his performance.

im not saying this anime was bad, i looked forward to a new episode every week, its just that i dont really like the way they didn't tie all ends at the ending.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sengura View Post
    -----------------spoilers------------------------
    [spoiler]-----------------spoilers------------------------[/spoiler]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    i dont rly care about who won either, but the whole nagi arc trying to convey her feelings toward her brothers depression and then they dont show us if indeed he managed to receive her intentions and managed to get out of his depression. basicly the whole nagi arc is just a filler now as we dont see any result from her struggle to get her brother back on track. ye we did see flashbacks indicating that he might go back to the way he was (when he ran out after confronting arima about nagi + arima performing) but i would have liked to see his performance.

im not saying this anime was bad, i looked forward to a new episode every week, its just that i dont really like the way they didn't tie all ends at the ending.
    Him blurting out "hit on her damnit!" at the end pretty much tells us how he really feels about Arima.

They didn't really need any more detail than that.

If anything the "love" story between Arima and that other piano chick was the only one that ended unasnwered. She was the only one that didn't really get any closure.