Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Armory Stats - Proving Grounds, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, Wildstar Update

zDPS WD on 2.2, Natalya's 2p Bug, GR Scorecreen Feedback, Happy Birthday Reaper of Souls

Blackrock Mountain: Potential Release on April 3rd

Skin Spotlight: Funny Bunny Murky, Patch Notes Addendum - Uther & Tyrande

Armory Stats - Proving Grounds
    Today we are taking a look at the proving grounds achievement completion rate of players. The data used today is a sample of 6.1 million characters from 3.1 million accounts. We also did this at the end of Mists of Pandaria, which you can see here.

It appears that many more people did proving grounds thanks to the minimum requirement for heroic dungeons, but less people have gotten around to doing Endless this time around. The number of healers and tanks is somewhat more even now

You can see scoreboards on WoWProgress for DPS, Healing, and Tank endless.

A Monk recently got to wave 230 of Tank Endless and shared a video. Be sure to leave any requests for stats you want to see in the comments!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Runesaber Mount
    Where is it?
    Grooming. We'll let you know when it's ready to make its way into Azeroth proper. (You know how cats can be.)

but I can't help a feeling a sense of condescending attitude with that remark.
    I can assure you there was no condescension in my post at all. I think it's very easy for people to extrapolate what they like out of text sometimes, but if you were familiar with my style of communication, you'd understand. This was merely my way of skirting "soon" and letting people know it's not a forgotten thing. We'll get everyone the information when we are all clear to do so. Don't worry. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

World Bosses
    There are world bosses that you can kill weekly. I do one a week and I find groups by the premade group finder.
    This. There are often quite a few premade groups looking for people to do these bosses. Perhaps what you aren't seeing is people in chat asking for more people since they're using this system instead? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Clicking Abilities
    I click one-off, raid cooldown and/or super rarely used abilities I keep in smaller bars above my keybound action bars. I don't particularly want to create yet another modifier key, or attempt to contort my hand just to reach bizarre binds I rarely use. It works for me, I do just fine, and I'm not involved in any situations where it adversely affects my performance relative to the content I'm involving myself in. I think if you get into a situation though where you're attempting to increase your performance, or underperforming and wondering why, then certainly keybinds and quick use of abilities can make a big difference. But, at least personally, I'm not looking to break any records in Normal mode progression.

When you have direct contact with developers and have been a forum poster for 10 years, do you really want to admit all you do is normal (flex) mode? How.. odd.
    If someone wants to openly expose that they are judgmental of how others choose to enjoy a form of entertainment, then I'm not going to stop them. It's helpful to understand who people are. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

WoW Tokens
    Opinions (on inflation)?
    I won't speculate on economic impact, but one thing I find interesting to ponder is where the wealthy acquired their wealth from, and if any wealth lost/spent won't just be reacquired from those same sources.

I will add, I suspect Blizzard is going to price the tokens higher for the buyers than the sellers receive to create a gold sink they can adjust at will. So they will have a handle on inflation.
    The gold price is dynamic based on supply and demand. Aside from setting a starting gold price when the system is first turned on, the fluctuating cost is determined by the market. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Art
    Hi, all my friends and I loved the Human/Orc HD armor. Any plan to do more in the future, say all racial city guards armor?
    It's a big art job, made sense for garrisons because you had human/orc guards by default, we'll see what happens in the future! (Muffinus)

Character / Items
    Could it be possible for tier tokens to show warforged/socket/tertiary before they are consumed?
    Due to technical limitations, we don't have plans for this at this time. (WarcraftDevs)

Please tell me that there are plans for other uses of Draenic Stone. I have been hoarding them in my reagent bank in hope.
    We gave them a good sell price, but at this time there are no other plans. (WarcraftDevs)

Characters under lvl 100 can't see ore/herb/fur/etc. traders. By design? Alts are people too!
    You need a level 3 Garrison, but you can visit someone else’s to pick these quests up before then. (WarcraftDevs)

((Why does Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide not work in WoD content? Never see an artifact drop in instances.))
    That item is currently being revamped and will make its triumphant return very soon! (WarcraftDevs)

Misc
    map goals concise on HotS load screen. I have no idea wtf the goal is in most wow pvp maps
    Yes I very much like their loading screens. (holinka)

Wildstar - Companion Pets and Holo-Wardrobe
    Wildstar has some fun new additions in an upcoming patch. Non-combat companion pets are coming to the game, obtainable from many different sources.

The new Holo-Wardrobe is also part of this patch. It allows you to save item appearances to an account wide list of appearances. You can edit a costume and swap the appearance in an item slot with any appearance you have unlocked for that slot. A similar system was mentioned for a future WoW update in previous developer interviews.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-03-26 at 06:10 PM.

I cant bring myself to do endless :|

man blizz needs to copy wildstar on that and get their system out the door ASAP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar has a lot of great things going on with it. Blizz would do well to copy some of their fun gameplay features for WoW.

So much thrilling and exciting content to report on that they have to resort to stats no one really cares for, along with tweets about store mount and failstar =/

Truly WoD is the greatest expansion ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Wildstar has a lot of great things going on with it. Blizz would do well to copy some of their fun gameplay features for WoW.
    It's amazing to me that a game with considerably less resources was able to push out a feature that Blizzard has only been talking about doing since 2012.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that account wide appearance thing is really needed. My priest could never get the vestments of shifting sands but it dropped for my warrior on first kill. I would love that system

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    man blizz needs to copy wildstar on that and get their system out the door ASAP.
    Or, you know, copy it from themselves. Diablo III has had this feature for ages. Apart from the coloring anyway.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolburke View Post
    It's amazing to me that a game with considerably less resources was able to push out a feature that Blizzard has only been talking about doing since 2012.
    Isn't like this is the best time to do statistics when not much going on? Otherwise it would be lost between the other information. Think a bit before shit posting please.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Does this include old proving grounds? I know I haven't bothered trying dps or healer since I already have the title from last Xpac but did endless tank as I never got around to it in mop? Considering how rare all 3 endless is this could (relatively) massively skew the datum.

Oh how I wish wow had this system.

Blizzard is able to do a system like it. Diablo III works with an unlock system. You loot an item, you can now use it for transmog. They even have dyes in Diablo III.

Deleted
    Keybinds huh? I specifically debound Time Warp and make sure it's in a corner somewhere so i can click it. Had too many mythic progress (or equivalent in the past) raids where i pop it and raid leader rage against me for wasting an attempt.

Seems that this costume system will be new standard in games/mmo's.
    Diablo 3, GW2 have it already, soon Rift and WS, too.
    Hopefully WoW will follow... my bank is always full.

Dunno about other mmo's (espcially the asian ones), obviously I don't play them all. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah that account wide appearance thing is really needed. My priest could never get the vestments of shifting sands but it dropped for my warrior on first kill. I would love that system
    Its not like they've been having their main teams working on it 24/7 in some sort of race. Far as we know blizz just barely finished the groundwork for patch 6.2 and waiting for after 6.3 is finished to start work on it for 7.0.

Its not like the mass transmog feauture is remotely needed. its will just make an already good system more functional.

How's Wildstar doing nowadays?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to try Wildstar because I like the cartoony and comedic styles and platformish looking elements, but I'm afraid of it being a WoW clone. Plus it has higher graphic demands and my PC is mediocre (not gaming pc).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the people saying WoW should have the same thing, first you must think, Wildstar has less than 1 year of armour and different looks so far.

WoW has 10 years of different armour and looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Isn't like this is the best time to do statistics when not much going on? Otherwise it would be lost between the other information. Think a bit before shit posting please.
    What the hell are you talking about? The stats have nothing to do with what I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    To the people saying WoW should have the same thing, first you must think, Wildstar has less than 1 year of armour and different looks so far.

WoW has 10 years of different armour and looks.
    It's definitly a hurdle. They could split it up between expansions or even tier/non tier and stuff though. Sure, it'll require you to search through all the gear a bit (unless they add a search function) but it'll be far better than haviving a bank/void storage 90% for cosmetic puroses.

What the hell are you talking about? The stats have nothing to do with what I posted.
    Pretty sure he wanted to quote the poster above you.