Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Paracetamol Challenge - Are kids today really this dumb?

So i see there is a new FB craze where kids are daring each other to take as many Paracetamols or Acetaminophen as possible

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Challenge.html

If this is true i cant believe anyone even teenagers could be this stupid to try to do this. Paracetamols are insanely dangerous and even if you survive a overdose your liver could be fucked beyond repair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    I have never heard of this challenge, despite being on facebook and around the age range of someone who would see things like that. Kids will do dumb things. In high school we did hand sanitizer sniffing challenges, did Thirsty Thursdays, and snorted fun dip. The last one was the most fun to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 darwin award comments

inb4 im ashamed of being in this generation

inb4 back in my day..

inb4 Gosh golly, kids back in the day were less stupidier than today!

Although what happened to sucking on a bottle so you can get bigger lips? Like at least that'd get you stitches on your lips at worst, this'll probably kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid shit will pop up on the internet, does not mean any of them are following through with it. I mean does everyone use welding magnets to fix their computer?

Kids have always been "that dumb".

the kids in my school had a game where they choked each other unconscious to "get a rest" from sports since they were so tired. Full-on strangling each other and hoping the other person let go in time.

This was 10+ years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about you, but I really don't feel 'smarter' being older.
    I'm sure there's a bit of wisdom I've accrued, but it hasn't enhanced my intelligence one whit.
    In fact, I'm positive my mind is not as sharp as it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

But to be serious here this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard about and potentially more dangerous than some of the stupid crap teens did under the whole YOLO thing a while back.

we used to drink the water where we cleaned our pencils on school as a dare :x

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the same people that thought it would be a good idea that instead of drinking hard liquor... You should pour it in your eyes. And that.. gets you.. uh.. something. Drunk? I don't know. Pouring vodka in your eye. Way to go, kids.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Teens will be teens, I guess.
    At this rate, teens won't be adults.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

When people od on painkillers its mostly from the acetaminophen and not the opioid, unless is some exotic barbiturate. I think 4 grams of acetaminophen in a 24 hour period can kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    These are the same people that thought it would be a good idea that instead of drinking hard liquor... You should pour it in your eyes. And that.. gets you.. uh.. something. Drunk? I don't know. Pouring vodka in your eye. Way to go, kids.
    Snorting it is far better

Not surprised in the slightest. Currently in the 10th grade and competitions to see who can snort crystal lite the fastest aren't that uncommon.
    Last edited by dashflash890; 2015-05-27 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Snorting it is far better
    Psh, that's the wimp way. Straight injection into a vein.
    *above statement said in jest, please, please, please you silly kids, DO NOT INJECT ALCHOHOL INTO YOUR VEINS*
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

And you thought that was stupid.
    I still can't post links as of yet so, sorry about that.

kpho.com/story/15981315/teens-using-vodka-tampons-to-get-drunk

Wasn't there a chocking thing several years back? What about snorting powdered candy?
    It's incredibly stupid crap, but not new.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    stupidity isn't really something new. Just sit and wait for the Median to move

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post

So i see there is a new FB craze where kids are daring each other to take as many Paracetamols or Acetaminophen as possible

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Challenge.html

If this is true i cant believe anyone even teenagers could be this stupid to try to do this. Paracetamols are insanely dangerous and even if you survive a overdose your liver could be fucked beyond repair.
    Are you kidding? The people who were kids once upon a decades ago played a game where they tried to crash their cars into each other. By comparison, taking lightweight painkillers until you throw up is tame, lame, and wimpy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I think 4 grams of acetaminophen in a 24 hour period can kill you.
    4 grams is the recommended maximum daily dose. It wouldn't kill you unless you have liver problems.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Anytime you have to ask yourself, "Are *insert any human demographic here* really this dumb?", the answer is a resounding yes.

"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein