Deleted

Dungeon queue times

So i've just returned to the game since mid-cata and i hit 100 yesterday. The thing is, i'm looking at 40 minute queues (minimum) for random dungeons.. I know i'm a DPS class so i was expecting longer queues, but 40+ minutes is just crazy. So yeah basically.. is this normal now?

Edit; Should add i'm on twisting nether EU
    Last edited by mmoccba440cc3b; 2015-03-31 at 09:30 PM.

never had a 40 minute queue as dps, usually around 10-15.

30-45+ seems pretty normal on the US side for me and my GF.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 40+ minute queues are "normal" for normal WoD dungeons... Sat usually in hour long queue on my hunter when I didn't have enough epics to go heroics. The queue time shortens once you're geared enough to get into heroic dungeons. Seems that not many people run normal's these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushyabreeze View Post
    So i've just returned to the game since mid-cata and i hit 100 yesterday. The thing is, i'm looking at 40 minute queues (minimum) for random dungeons.. I know i'm a DPS class so i was expecting longer queues, but 40+ minutes is just crazy. So yeah basically.. is this normal now?

Offer like 500g for a completed run to a tank on trade chat. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    The 40+ minute queues are "normal" for normal WoD dungeons... Sat usually in hour long queue on my hunter when I didn't have enough epics to go heroics. The queue time shortens once you're geared enough to get into heroic dungeons. Seems that not many people run normal's these days.
    Between loads of 630 bind on account gear available and cheap 640+ gear, normal dungeons have a place only during leveling.

They might not be correct being an average time but for me on an europe realm at 15:45 CET normal queue 34 minutes, heroic queue 9 minutes. So I guess my message it gets better. If you have lots of money (which is unlikely due to your quit date) get some gear on the AH and you can boost to say 650 in seconds if you choose to. Otherwise get the 640 crafted pieces if you haven't yet. Some go for as little as 2k on my server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    They might not be correct being an average time but for me on an europe realm at 15:45 CET normal queue 34 minutes, heroic queue 9 minutes. So I guess my message it gets better. If you have lots of money (which is unlikely due to your quit date) get some gear on the AH and you can boost to say 650 in seconds if you choose to. Otherwise get the 640 crafted pieces if you haven't yet. Some go for as little as 2k on my server.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm glad it isn't the same for heroics atleast, that never crossed my mind.

Form your own group. Get in a guild to have them help do runs. You know, do stuff people used to do before the finder and are still doable in the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushyabreeze View Post

Normal for normal dungeons, but you only need to get to 610 ilvl to get to heroic dungeons where the queues are 15 to 25 minutes. At 615 ilvl, you can get to Highmaul LFR (which can also be long queues now that BRF LFR is available).

A couple of approaches to minimize downtime:
    - Queue up immediately upon logging on to your character and do the garrison grind...er, activities...including Apexis dailies
    - Queue up for PvP (if that is your thing) which tends to be 2 minute to 15 minutes queues (actual time) while queued up for dungeons and/or raids
    - Remember that you can queue for 4 or 5 LFRs at a time (have to wait for 10 seconds or so after your 2nd queue in LFR)

Once the queues start to pop, you will be in dungeons and raids for a good while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Form your own group. Get in a guild to have them help do runs. You know, do stuff people used to do before the finder and are still doable in the game?
    Calm your tits, I was asking if those queue times were the norm nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    You know, do stuff people used to do before the finder and are still doable in the game?
    Spamming 'LFG Strat/Scholo/BRD/UBRS(need key)' in /2 for an hour or so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    You do realize that Heroic Dungeons require Silver PG (which typically isn't that hard to get) but does require that extra step. As for crafted pieces, you can only have 3 equipped which limits how much ilv increase you can get from them.

The best thing so far is exactly what others have commented on. Get to 615 ASAP so you can run LFR HM (which has no PG requirement), then advance up to LFR BRF once you have the 635 ilv requirement.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    If hc queues are too long go and sign in for a battleground. you can get in 1-2 days full 620+ gear and then simply switch to HM LFR. After that get 3 crafted items (costs between 3-10k gold per slot) and go for BRF LFR. Never took me more than 1 day to get 640ilvl (with roll luck) to start with HM Normal runs for even more items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Times go up as the week goes on I've noticed. I've got 1 tank, 1 healer and 6 dps and see all 3 sides of the queue.
    I'd be more than happy to help someone out if they're on a US server and need a heroic for the legendary ring or daily quest.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Yup, just hit 100 on my alt. Dps que times are around 45minutes during the day and almost over an hour at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said feel free to message me here on the forums and I'll be glad to help run a heroic or 2 if I'm not tied up in LFR BRF/HM.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]