Mistweaver is still totally viable for leveling right?

Me and a couple friends are getting back into WoW together and I think I am gonna go MW to level with so we will have a healer for dungeons all the time. I will still be able to hold my own during quests right? Or will I be just a healbot with no real damage contribution?

If it is reasonable to level as MW can you guys throw some tips my way please, and thank you.

Deleted
    Viable yes, efficient no. Actually better off than a lot of healers because of fistweaving, but still slow. If youre running with other people 90% of the time anyway then it wont matter.

Once you hit 30 can unlock duel talent specilisationg and switch between healer and DPS very easily. I suggest doing that, make sure to hold onto two sets of weapons and jewelry though. Before 30 if you plan on doing dungeons you kinda have to go mistweaver.

Deleted
    I went to only 4 locations so far: Blood elf starting location, tranquillien, orgrimmar, and monk area. I am still in tranquillien's inn without practically going anywhere, currently at level 78. I played MW since level 10, never changed specs. The second slot in dual spec isn't even used yet.

You need heirlooms however, so that xp boost combined with monk daily xp boost gives you a ton of xp from dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-04-03 at 09:25 AM.