Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Gold CM Carries??

On my server there are 2 guilds that I know of selling WoD Gold 8/8 Carries/Boosts. They both are asking 250K gold. One of the teams will also accept real money: 150$ for non-piloted and 75$ if you trust them with your account.

Was just curious how the MMO-C community feels about this. To me, it seems extremely expensive. Potentially these teams could do these runs several times a day. It just seems like a very high asking price, but then again someone must be paying it for them to not lower their prices.

Hopefully I will not have to buy a carry. I am slowly making progress but success rate is quite mixed. Unfortunately I can't find a steady group of people to run with-I am always pugging 1 or 2 people and It often feels like starting from scratch.

Does anyone feel like these prices are reasonable?

10+ Year Old Account
    On Thrall there are a few guilds that sell runs, and we all charge 250k. It's basically supply and demand, while there is a demand we'll keep it at that price, but over time it will get cheaper. So is it reasonable? People that are buying think so. If you don't think it is, then wait until prices go down, or like you said try them on your own.

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as the good ng rate they don't seem too far off. Though with so long left in the xpac there really isn't much reason to have gold right now.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    250kg? That seems quite reasonable. However, asking for real money is against TOS afaik.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I've seen it go for ~200k, anything under that I'd be a bit skeptical. Just make sure you're buying it from reputable people from reputable guilds. There are a lot of sketchy groups out there. Do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    It's basically supply and demand
    Pretty much this. On my server we were able to sell for 400k up to late January. Then it was 350k, now it's 300k. Just a few more groups boosting makes it go down so much due to people just wanting quick gold and taking less gold to cut competition. The competition then has to lower its prices. Supply goes up, demand stays relatively the same, possibly going up a bit due to more people being able to afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    250kg? That seems quite reasonable. However, asking for real money is against TOS afaik.
    Yeah I would never spend real dollars on a virtual item/carry/whatever. I should have said that. I guess I'm just surprised that they must be getting some people to actually pay them that.

250K gold is a lot to me. Between all my characters I only have about 100k. I don't know how people are getting their gold, but I don't expect to have 250K anytime soon. Even if I did I would probably save it for a spectral tiger TBH. CMs just don't seem worth that much to me.

I remember in MoP towards the end of the expansion people were offering them for 50K or less! As some of you have stated they may come down in price, but they might not. The "power creep," in MoP allowed more groups to sell these runs which added competition and lowered prices. As far as I know there won't be a power creep this time around so it may still be the same few elite groups selling them the entire expansion.

I know there is still plenty of time and I probably shouldn't be worrying about it. Just feeling frustrated with these damn things a carry is starting to look real tempting.
    Last edited by SteveRocks; 2015-04-04 at 09:16 PM.

250k is a pittance, if you've played since launch you'll have several gold capped toons. I paid for all my CM's. Not because I was incapable of running them, but because It's hard to find 4 other competent people.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    250k is a pittance, if you've played since launch you'll have several gold capped toons. I paid for all my CM's. Not because I was incapable of running them, but because It's hard to find 4 other competent people.
    This obviously isn't true. I have played since the start of TBC and I have never come close to gold cap on any of my toons. I do not enjoy farming and manipulating the AH. It is just not my thing. Many players feel the same way. My source of gold is Old raids, Garrison Missions, Leatherworking items (when I can actually get them to sell), and levelling alts 90-100. Even that feels too grindy to me; I would rather be doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    This obviously isn't true. I have played since the start of TBC and I have never come close to gold cap on any of my toons. I do not enjoy farming and manipulating the AH. It is just not my thing. Many players feel the same way. My source of gold is Old raids, Garrison Missions, Leatherworking items (when I can actually get them to sell), and levelling alts 90-100. Even that feels too grindy to me; I would rather be doing something else.
    Ok you've got me there. You do need to enjoy the gold making activities to have a large sum of wealth
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    I think this is one thing people tend to consider a lot. The past is not now? Runs are already cheaper than they could have been due to a lot of MoP sellers trying to sell in WoD and struggling. (This coming from someone who was trying to competitively price early in the expansion) Runs are much harder to 4man than even 3manning before.
    For reference, think about a run like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmpDw8djHnE
    Extremely optimized, and whatnot, I understand. - However it's also a matter that instead of massive overkill, runs require a larger group effort to really optimize.
    So taking 1, or especially 2 people out, makes it a hell of a lot harder on the people carrying.

MoP CMs, especially by the end, were simply easier. From start to finish.
    Point blank though, if you don't want a carry, don't buy one. I pugged my way from start to finish on multiple toons both expansions. - I also sold carries both expansions after pugging on toons I had it already done on.
    It's not necessarily easy or fun getting your first sets of gold, but that's the struggle you might put up with. Which some people would prefer to pay gold or cash to skip. - Same reason "pay to win" micro transactions can make it in a lot of games.
    True, but the product remains essentially the same. I could argue that there are fewer dungeons now and less reward so the cost should be less. This time it's just 1 mount and a weapon as opposed to a full armor set and multiple mounts. I do believe that these WoD CMs are quite a bit harder and I guess that could warrant the price increase...

No, they go for more on most servers.
    Hi Sephurik

It goes for more than MoP because there's quite a bit less undercutting this time around

I'm going to buy a run day after tommorow for 230k, this absolutly fine for me,
    My server, even after merge, is so noobish on progress, so there is not enough of good people I know, who are even atleast interest in them, to even try to assemble a group, so don't want to waste time for looking new either. Almost same price I bought in middle of MoP for same reasons, not regret it either.
    Anyway got spare gold on other server I don't want to play, so why not?!, even I was saving for some TCG mounts but they go with way higher price and not seen some mounts I want in years already(damn dupers where are you).
    Will just relocated my time and efforts on farming gold from running CM
    Last edited by Zstr; 2015-04-04 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    True, but the product remains essentially the same. I could argue that there are fewer dungeons now and less reward so the cost should be less. This time it's just 1 mount and a weapon as opposed to a full armor set and multiple mounts. I do believe that these WoD CMs are quite a bit harder and I guess that could warrant the price increase...
    It was only 1 mount for the entirety of MoP CMs too. You got all 4 AFTER CMs were unable to be entered plus it was announced very close to the end of CM time that they would be giving all 4. The vast majority of people I sold to had no idea they would get all 4 mounts even in the last week of MoP CM sales. It really wasn't 4 mounts.
    You're correct about the time investment though. Even with less instances they take more time than MoP CM's did (even at MoP release) and they are harder than MoP CMs were as well, especially once vengeance abuse became a common thing.

Also I think a lot of people are comparing end of MoP prices with beginning of MoP prices. In the first 5-6 months people were selling CM's for 400k+. The real price drop of CMs came in ToT when a lot of classes that were good in CMs already got AoE buffs plus the immense amount of sockets letting you get like 3k primary stats from gems.
    Last edited by Octa; 2015-04-04 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Even when my guild was selling carries I wasn't near gold cap lol..gold cap is not common nevermind on more than 1 toon.
    Hi Sephurik

We sell them for about 450k for a self play, 200k or so for a pilot. We usually don't bother running unless we can get a pilot and self play in the same run.

We don't want to run them all day and night so we charge what we want - there's maybe 1 other group capable of selling them on our server and they're taking a break from it, supply and demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Without the nerfing over time that MoP allowed, it lowers significantly the amount of people who can carry. At the end of MoP there were tons of guilds selling them. Ofc, that made the price cheap at like 100k.

And ofc, without the nerfs, that means more people are willing to pay gold for it.

I think the going price on Bleeding Hollow US atm is 350k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

My team is still selling them for 250k at the moment.

We give 60k per person and 70k for me since i'm the tank as well as the one who organizes the runs, finds the clients, handles all the tedious work like explaining what they need to do in each dungeon. Doing this on a near daily basis gets old quick.

However, 10 runs later, we're at 600k and 700k gold. 10 runs later, 1.2 mill and 1.4 mill.

Hitting gold cap selling runs is not hard or time consuming at all. Plenty of folks with too much time on their hands screwing around with the auction house and whatever making tiny scraps of gold over years of time, they're willing to give big payouts to skilled people to carry them through things they can't do on their own.

My guild sells heroic BRF clears as well as some mythic BRF boss kills in addition to challenge mode carries. Money is good and easy to make. If you're good enough.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    On Hyjal they are charging 160k.