No stay away ISF needs to stay dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I welcome back Improved Soul Fire with open arms
    Make it come from the imp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I welcome back Improved Soul Fire with open arms
    I've been trying to stay caught up.. is a form of ISF back from the Destruction tier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by gibbonsl View Post
    No stay away ISF needs to stay dead
    It never dies, it just changes form and moves around different classes / specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It never dies, it just changes form and moves around different classes / specs.
    and then it comes back like a swift kick in the balls and you're utterly devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Demo will definitely be lower than it is now, they would not just go "lol blast everything by 25%" if they would not intend to tone it down. They might decide they went overboard a bit.
    You really don't know anything about Blizzard, do you?

Before ISF there was SE (shadow embrace) which was the predecessor to the ISF debacle. ISF is still with us and instead of just infesting SB:H playstyle its now viral in the destro effect of the archi trinket and the demo set bonus. Meanwhile the 1112 crowd (hai hunter/mage) get nicer toys, with bigger numbers, for less effort. Lock dots used to be scary, now affliction has the weakest dot mechanics of any dot spec in the game. I mean if you didn't already single target prop up dots with drain soul so absurdly you layer on haunt and SB:H and the dots have to be the weakest or single target would be broken. Have they done ANYTHING for aff's playstyle mechanics/deficiencies? Nope, same mistakes just with slightly better numbers we pray don't get nerfed. Of course, if the mechanics of aff are to be weaker than other dot classes then it should be more powerful BUT locks don't get that kind of logic. We are too mobile and do too much damage but hunters and mages need every spec to be top shelf in all situations.

No they are too busy blanket nerfing demo when they can't even copy/paste updated demon models for us as a class when we have been using the same ones since vanilla. No other class in the game has had that kind of stagnation. Compared to pets a hunter can get, keeps getting made available each tier/expansion, and their constant evolution with the gaming world its fair to say warlocks could use some updating priority for our pets. Make it a minor glyph if you have to but ALL the demon models should be updated. A minor glyph or a green fire like on/off option would be a way to make almost everyone happy...

So far I'm seeing aff being "good" at single target, destro being our cheese/cleave, and demo still at odds with itself. Dbolt should be an option for people who enjoy a destro like feel but like demo elsewise. Serv/Dserv plays very differently and more in keeping with most of the T18 stuff (ignoring numbers for a minute) but its a playstyle difference. Destro actually isn't in a bad place by itself but I think its set bonuses and archi trinket interaction just suck mechanically. First question should be "is this a fun playstyle" then balance the numbers. If they don't balance realistically then you did the mechanics wrong...

When demo becomes a dead spec for progression (until 4pc/archi trinket/etc are all had and demo can start considering being played) blizz will play the "everyone swarms to the believed best spec" when they are so myopic that didn't see nerfing a versatile spec 25% in every single aspect puts it at such a disadvantage nobody can use it without the extensive system of crutches they are propping the spec up by. I wouldn't expect any buffs or mechanics tweaks...they can't even copy/paste demon skins and the demon spawned thing is bad RNG, a copy of the current tier bonus of the soulfiring demonform ghost, and buggy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Like if they actually do balance that at the very least aff will get nerfed because its doing so well.

Both are strong for next tier, we're looking like we're gonna be in a better place than we were for t17 which was already a good place.
    They do better than, say, mages (fire in cleave and arcane in single)? :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

I would say mage/frost dk/hunter are decidedly better than aff but that is about it

Deleted
    lets wait and see who is better when they start their balancing parse, im sure they'll screw locks over then and then rebuff us 2-3 weeks into progression.

Deleted
    A while back I read something about Troll being masterrace in BiSgear 6.1 so since we're on farm and everything and I only lack trinket from Blackhand is it worth rolling Troll since 6.2 will be so aff-friendly? What are your thoughts for 6.2? I know racials arent that big of a deal as they were in MoP and previous expansions but you still wanna minmax for progress I guess.

But what happens when you play Destro then Drainyo?

Quote Originally Posted by drainyo View Post
    I know racials arent that big of a deal as they were in MoP and previous expansions but you still wanna minmax for progress I guess.
    If there was still snapshots it would be a big deal, because the troll racial with aff being able to extend dots for so long made it really silly... but it really doesn't matter anymore. Do whatever makes you happy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drainyo View Post
    A while back I read something about Troll being masterrace in BiSgear 6.1 so since we're on farm and everything and I only lack trinket from Blackhand is it worth rolling Troll since 6.2 will be so aff-friendly? What are your thoughts for 6.2? I know racials arent that big of a deal as they were in MoP and previous expansions but you still wanna minmax for progress I guess.
    It's completely irrelevant. Getting one more weapon/ring/rppm proc from one pull to another is going to make more of a difference to your dps then any racial.

Blood Elf silence and Goblin rocket jump are the most appealing to be honest.

Deleted
    there is a reason why they streamlined all the racial so they all gave pretty much the same dps.

Deleted
    It matters at the pull, when you have all procs up, pot, etc. After that it doesnt make much of a difference.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    If changes don't happen and I can not play demo, I will not play. Like the sub's coming off and I guess...I'll go outside. Maybe dress my kid as a fel guard and rip shit up in the neighbourhood.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    I just calculated 6.1 and 6.2 simcraft with my gear (ilvl 695):