Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teomas View Post
    Hey there.
    We too aren't able to kill this boss after around 45 tries and I can't figure out what the problem is.
    Link to logs from yesterday: warcraftlogs(dot)com/ reports/x2HX7TfV1zhAPbCm

Can anyone help me and tell me what we are doing wrong? Our best attempt was a 3-4% wipe last monday.
    Damage on Bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Teomas View Post
    Hey there.
    We too aren't able to kill this boss after around 45 tries and I can't figure out what the problem is.
    Link to logs from yesterday: warcraftlogs(dot)com/ reports/x2HX7TfV1zhAPbCm

Can anyone help me and tell me what we are doing wrong? Our best attempt was a 3-4% wipe last monday.
    People have to stop eating spears and dying to fire, that'll help.
    On your longest attempts, you have some DPS doing less damage than your prot paladin during the final burst. Tell everyone to keep their CDs for that phase. A couple of people forgot to second pot too, remind them to I guess.

Some people's CPM is also pretty low, indicating they're not just pressing buttons fast enough. (Ask Solaire for a more accurate description of what they're doing)

Also, you are averaging 5 minutes between a wipe and the next pull. While not pulling immediately to check out stuff is fine, you should have been pushing more attempts during your raid time, imho.
    Last edited by Piwielle; 2015-04-20 at 11:06 AM.

Apologies to go slightly off topic but I came across this thread and am curious about CPM. So I assume that stands for casts per minute?

Am I correct in thinking that you cannot really compare say a melee class that has mostly/all instants and a gcd of 1 second to say a caster with a a gcd of 1.5 seconds (minus haste) and spends half their time casting a 2+ second spell? So it's more a case of having to compare it to other logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    People have to stop eating spears and dying to fire, that'll help.
    On your longest attempts, you have some DPS doing less damage than your prot paladin during the final burst. Tell everyone to keep their CDs for that phase. A couple of people forgot to second pot too, remind them to I guess.

Some people's CPM is also pretty low, indicating they're not just pressing buttons fast enough. (Ask Solaire for a more accurate description of what they're doing)

Also, you are averaging 5 minutes between a wipe and the next pull. While not pulling immediately to check out stuff is fine, you should have been pushing more attempts during your raid time, imho.
    Thanks for your advices. I will tell them and hope, they improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Damn, that's quick for a first kill. Grats.
    Yeah, it was so quick it actually messed up my CD timings. LOL! But I don't care, glad to get the kill. Funny what can happen when people play the right way eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Apologies to go slightly off topic but I came across this thread and am curious about CPM. So I assume that stands for casts per minute?

Am I correct in thinking that you cannot really compare say a melee class that has mostly/all instants and a gcd of 1 second to say a caster with a a gcd of 1.5 seconds (minus haste) and spends half their time casting a 2+ second spell? So it's more a case of having to compare it to other logs?
    Yes, CPM is casts per minute (also labeled as Actions per Minute in some places) If you're using warcraft logs to compare you should be aware that some spells don't show up properly on logs as "casts". Stuff like Arcane Missiles, Mind Flay, Penance. All show as a individual casts for every tick, not the entire duration. And aoe versions of these abilities may show up as one cast per mob it hits (Mind Sear/Blizzard). So the overall CPM can be a very misleading number. There's also some abilities that show up that shouldn't, but due to blizzards log system they do. Auspicious Spirits show up both when they generate (from the SWP crit) and when they hit the target, Allowing you the chance to track un-used procs. Same goes for melee swings and pet activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Yes, CPM is casts per minute (also labeled as Actions per Minute in some places) If you're using warcraft logs to compare you should be aware that some spells don't show up properly on logs as "casts". Stuff like Arcane Missiles, Mind Flay, Penance. All show as a individual casts for every tick, not the entire duration. And aoe versions of these abilities may show up as one cast per mob it hits (Mind Sear/Blizzard). So the overall CPM can be a very misleading number. There's also some abilities that show up that shouldn't, but due to blizzards log system they do. Auspicious Spirits show up both when they generate (from the SWP crit) and when they hit the target, Allowing you the chance to track un-used procs. Same goes for melee swings and pet activities.
    You have to be carefull comparing CPM on WCL since it doesnt count the individual cast only