Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I'll add the finger issue to OP. Did somebody checked the belt issue aswell? I haven't noticed anything tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I only want to add that another reason I really want for developers to fix the models is becuase previously trolls got shafted with artrocius quality of cat form (even bat from with those fancy tiki masks wasn't impressive becuase it was using vanilla batmodel as base instead of making from scratch new quality one)

Just becuase troll players aren't as vocal as elven doesn't mean we have to suck up to bad quality of product. ;f

5 years ago I made suggestion edits how troll catforms could look like with certain hair colour combos, for I don't know if all of you know it, but you can get white skin with blue many by picking a pin hair colour for your troll. That doesn't make any sense!
    Yet another example of the Trolls being amongst the last prioritized and getting subsequently shafted by a deadline... I seriously hope we won't be waiting as long as the Troll druid forms have been left unattended until we see more work on the male...

As for what you said about not being as vocal as Elf players... Though in all fairness the Night Elf models haven't really wound up looking all that great (though the male still has geometry miles ahead of the Troll male in my opinion -.-) at least they've been tweaked to a larger degree than correcting base-hair-texture colours. That's not to say I think the Nelves deserve less at all, far from it, they've still got a long ways to go...

But considering that the one thread as far as I can recall on the EU side that got a blue post was about Blood Elf models, it's hard to not start feeling like it's coming down to a popularity contest. And I don't speak of this as only the troll models (well, the male at least) being a potential victim of it, because if that is the case then it counts for a lot of the models, including the Blood Elves Alliance counterpart, the Nelf models... whose huge, actually humongous amount of feedback seems on the whole to not be addressed (?).
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-05-06 at 08:56 AM.

I still like the Troll NPC model they showed BEFORE the new player model way more than the player model:

I was actually afraid the troll female was going to wind up looking too much like Mar'li, because I always found her face to be too goblin-like, her ears are also way longer than the original and seems a bit too Night Elf like...

However, I will say that I do like her variation of the mohawk, the ears could perhaps have been an interesting additional feature... Otherwise I think the female troll is nigh perfect, apart from a few bugs that still needs fixing.

Ramz has also said she's wanted their melee animations to have more omph. To me it looks like most if not all of the combat animations were almost directly transplanted to the new models... in some cases they could have used a touch-up, like the blood elf male who gets the "rubber elf" effect which I like to call it.

That said, like I've mentioned before, a more Vol'jin-esque build on the troll male wouldn't go amiss in terms of recreating its muscle definition, if not the same girth.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-05-06 at 01:49 PM.

Her hairstyle was more lushful, and she had nice additions like facial peircing. But I didn't liked her feet. But I think that New troll female models are great as they're, thay were made from scratch so they could have facial expressions and improved animations. Though I'd also like some more additions.

And ye special effects from 1H and 2H weapons remains weak and slow
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I like her body model better. She has hips

and about the current model: The runing animation of the live female troll is nothing short of horrible. I absolutely hate it. The video of 6.2. in the first post gives me hope, it looks way better.

edit:
    what do you think of Vol'jins model?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ber/voljin.jpg
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2015-05-06 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    I like her body model better. She has hips

and about the current model: The runing animation of the live female troll is nothing short of horrible. I absolutely hate it. The video of 6.2. in the first post gives me hope, it looks way better.
    But she also has lovely hips on new model D:
    And yes I'm also happy with tweaked new running animation on PTR it really feels like a huge difference and I was very happy to discover it. I'd recomend for you to try it yourself ^^

it appears that devs will also have to work on orc female run for it's stiff in mid-secion but it's a right direction toward original vanilla run.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    it appears that devs will also have to work on orc female run for it's stiff in mid-secion but it's a right direction toward original vanilla run.
    oh my, the Orc female run... if I may be blunt: it looks like she pooped her pants. How this could have gone live at all baffles me. The old Orc female model was all around one of the best models in the game.

check out the edit of my last post (Voljin) - your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    check out the edit of my last post (Voljin) - your thoughts?
    "Picture cannot be uploaded becuase it contains errors" This is what I got.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Oh I thought that you wanted to show me some sort of Edit. I like Vol'Jin model to bigger degree I like the texture, the fact he got some more muscle refinition, I like the shape of his feet, fact he has a claws, but on Artwork he was depicted to wear nice pants, and the shape of his head from profile view isn't very troll alike. I'm also very glad they fixed his bat ears, ecuase it was the only really big issue that bugged me.

Anyway back in the days I made this edit, how I think his profile shoul've looked like :

But overall I think he looks pretty good.

Oh and here is some other old Edit:

Last edited by Ramz; 2015-05-06 at 03:03 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    I really dislike how thin the hair is made on some of the new models. The Vol'jin model has a superior looking hair all the way, and if I remember right the blood elves got the same treatment as well.

Also : Me need facial hair for dem troll males.

Deleted
    I never really liked Mar'li's model... while I appreciate the high definition, I really don't like her face (looks too flirty somehow with too much make-up on ?) and I find her lower body comically large and bloated. The hairstyle is nice though.

And yeah, I like the volume in Vol'jin's mohawk too. Our Troll hair still looks a bit too 2-dimensional.

Every race needs more facial hair options IMO, though I don't know what the equivalent would be for women (jewelry ?). I need stubble and goatees for my Trolls, right this instant, as well as sideburns that aren't restricted to a handful of hairstyles.
    Also I keep picturing male Taurens with a Pringles moustache and it's g.r.e.a.t.

Quote Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
    I really dislike how thin the hair is made on some of the new models. The Vol'jin model has a superior looking hair all the way, and if I remember right the blood elves got the same treatment as well.

Also : Me need facial hair for dem troll males.
    Ye it also bugged me I thought that hairstyles will be more 3D. But when it comes to goaties I'll design some later, same for warpaint for troll females once I'll have some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    I never really liked Mar'li's model... while I appreciate the high definition, I really don't like her face (looks too flirty somehow with too much make-up on ?) and I find her lower body comically large and bloated. The hairstyle is nice though.

And yeah, I like the volume in Vol'jin's mohawk too. Our Troll hair still looks a bit too 2-dimensional.

Every race needs more facial hair options IMO, though I don't know what the equivalent would be for women (jewelry ?). I need stubble and goatees for my Trolls, right this instant, as well as sideburns that aren't restricted to a handful of hairstyles.
    Also I keep picturing male Taurens with a Pringles moustache and it's g.r.e.a.t.
    But troll women has to be strong, this is what is meant to attract males. Strong woman = strong babies :P

But when it comes to jewelry I'll also try to design some jewely and extra customisation stuff. But that would be once I'll have some spare time.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

In conclusion I'm pretty glad that the playable troll female distinquishes herself from Mar'li, and facially the troll male from Vol'jin as well... though I do love his mohawk, I think he should keep it to retain a bit more of his distinquishable features.

I do love the mohawk - conceptually, so to speak - how they've tried to reinterpret it, but it has to be said that it is the hairstyle that shows the lowest quality (if you don't count the braid(s) that defies gravity) as it looks kind of choppy and rather low rez:

I just had to go on about the back again... I don't think we should settle for just that little but if that was the one change we saw I would be able to live with the model overall a lot better. But I still want better textures, more similarity to the old in terms of colours of facepaint and so forth, more visible irises and all that...

After that I'll start being impatient for troll facial hair... though I'd adore it, right now I'd hope the troll male is even finalized by then.

Oh, and female facepaint. DO want.

- - - Updated - - -

The low resolution textures on the area I marked is easier to see if you left-click on the picture and click "view image" and subsequently zoom in when on tinypic. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Well great. Now I'll never unsee those.
    Yeah, exactly. Apparently Troll tusks are pincers.

But even with that, the most annoying complaint I have for Trolls is still in their model, their ears, toes and hands being so dreadfully low-quality compared to their female counterparts.

I want it all fixed, but that part is triggering my OCD the most.

Did they fix troll male running animations? I still claim that to be the worst in the game, nelf males are just more populous and so shouted louder :P
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

But even with that, the most annoying complaint I have for Trolls is still in their model, their ears, toes and hands being so dreadfully low-quality compared to their female counterparts.

Ye those are quite visible remarks, specially the feet, troll male doesn't even have extended heels like Vol'Jin or thier female counterpat has. Thier ears aren't looking as "fleshy" as other ears and there is dark borded at the place there ears connect with face, while others like orcs and troll females have smooth transition to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Did they fix troll male running animations? I still claim that to be the worst in the game, nelf males are just more populous and so shouted louder :P
    And I think it's one of the most enjoyable ones. I am completely fine running on my troll male shaman, I like the speed and the weight of the run. Many people actually don't mind this change.

Though I admit it looks better once you're fully geared.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I almost feel a little bad for bringing it to attention, because I have a sneaking suspicion it's one of those things that won't change...

I'm where you are, except my biggest gripe is with their geometry and the issues with their backs first and foremost, then the textures come a very close second for me... It absolutely bugs the crap out of me when I play on any of my trolls. Some people might claim that the bulge they had on their backs looked unnatural as well (it didn't, to me, it can be made to look right in my humble opinion) but I liked their bodyshape as it was. Yes, they have the same proportions, they're still lanky and lithe, but now they -do- look skinny when before I could at least point to areas that implied more shape and muscle definition, even blocky and polygonal as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz;33681807[B
    troll male doesn't even have extended heels[/B] like Vol'Jin or thier female counterpart has. Thier ears aren't looking as "fleshy" as other ears and there is dark border at the place there ears connect with face, while others like orcs and troll females have smooth transition to the face.
    Yes, the missing "dewclaw" as someone I used to know liked to call it... and bloody hell you're right, I hadn't noticed that until you said it, what the hell =<

And I think it's one of the most enjoyable ones. I am completely fine running on my troll male shaman, I like the speed and the weight of the run. Many people actually don't mind this change.
    And yet there's also a lot of people who do mind, though I've personally grown accustomed to it I haven't decided if I think it should be made slightly more similar to the old or not... I don't envy Blizzard in regards to this particular issue.

For now I think they have bigger issues than the run, their geometry looks incomplete in places and again, their textures are just largely unpolished. It kind of bugs me that the Male Nelf had their run changed before they had a look at their textures... Though for all I know it might actually have been faster to tweak the animation. Granted, their run was also really bad... But even some people liked that original revamped run so... there you go.

Though I admit it looks better once you're fully geared.
    Agreed, which could perhaps be a sign of an animation's weakness... ideally the animation should look alright no matter how your character is geared.

If you dress your troll fully down you'll also notice that back a hell of a lot more... After doing that I personally can't even unsee it on my chars when they're fully geared - cloak, shoulderpads and everything; I still frikking see it! *groan*

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this... Which was from the early beta. Just lookit those eyes! Indeed, you can see here that the beta eyes had a lot smaller pupils than the original, but even on the screenies of the old faces I can make out some red or yellow in their eyes. I can't stress enough how much that was exaggerated in live, to the point that we can barely even see it at all now...

Just guts me to think of how beautiful the our eyes could have been </3 Would have been a great source of consolation while we'd be waiting for other necessary changes.

They Indeed looked so much better. I will never understand why they changed it, now they really looked stoned all the time. ;f

And the colours of the eyes were taking the best out of the face. ...

Speaking of which, I still can't get over how handsome new troll male faces are
    If there is something that those models truly are top notch, then those are faces.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a thread on the official game forums? I'm wondering if Blizzard is listening (or even responding to) to any feedback.