Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Warframe just confirmed at Tennocon.
    Warframe on Switch mite actually get me into playing it. Always wanted to try it but it was not noob friendly. I have heard they have improved that aspect a lot tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal...3#post-9945115

This is almost a week late, but according to ZhugEX, a ResetERA Mod who is also a video game analyst, looked at the sales numbers for the PAL region for the week 26 2018 and found that Crash barely beat out Tropical Freeze, and Wolfenstein 2 Switch bombed, it did worse than retail PC during the first week of the original launch of the game.
    Not surprising about Wolf 2, I want the series to do well but you can't sell the Switch version a year later at full price and its only selling point is that its portable.

If it included the DLC they would be a different story.

I said it day 1 of the Switch and ill say it all the way up to the system being replaced by The Switch 2. The only selling point of a game can not be that its portable. There needs to be much more then that even if its just "here is the game with all DLC".
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-07-08 at 02:32 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Warframe on Switch mite actually get me into playing it. Always wanted to try it but it was not noob friendly. I have heard they have improved that aspect a lot tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Not surprising about Wolf 2, I want the series to do well but you can't sell the Switch version a year later at full price and its only selling point is that its portable.

If it included the DLC they would be a different story.
    Warframe still isn't all that friendly to new players. They added a story, but after the first 30 minutes it dumps the entire game on you. Here's the game, figure it out on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Warframe still isn't all that friendly to new players. They added a story, but after the first 30 minutes it dumps the entire game on you. Here's the game, figure it out on your own.
    If that's the case then ill still avoid it, I shouldn't need to read a wiki to get into a game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Smexy thief is broken with how much stuff you can steal.

I must say every 3rd party game and its brother coming out at full price and the rest of the year from Nintendo being really lackluster (for me) is hurting the Switch for me.

Honestly considered selling mine because its just annoying to seeing it collect dust because of those two things. Rather just get a bunch of games for another system at this point.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-07-08 at 12:35 PM.

Really enjoying Banner Saga.
    I recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal...3#post-9945115

This is almost a week late, but according to ZhugEX, a ResetERA Mod who is also a video game analyst, looked at the sales numbers for the PAL region for the week 26 2018 and found that Crash barely beat out Tropical Freeze, and Wolfenstein 2 Switch bombed, it did worse than retail PC during the first week of the original launch of the game.
    I bought doom for my switch when it was released and I played it for several levels before I just never returned to playing it again. FPS just do not work on switch in hand held mode IMO The controls make the game 10x harder and therefore needlessly frustrating. I recently started got doom on my PC and I am having an altogether different experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nintendo doesn't decide prices for 3rd party games.

Hell they don't even decide them for 3rd party games using their own IP otherwise Rabbids wouldn't be on sale twice a month.

As much as they have pricing issues you can't blame them for what Bethesda puts out as the MSRP.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a $10 eshop card from a Nintendo rep in target.

Recommend me a digital only game(already own Golf Story, Stardew and Hollow Knight since I know those would be popular suggestions).
    Yoku's Island Express, Binding of Issac, Shovel Knight or Enter the Gungeon

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...phone_projects

Alpha Dream, the developers of the Mario and Luigi series among others, are looking to higher people to work for Switch, smartphone, and PS4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I bought doom for my switch when it was released and I played it for several levels before I just never returned to playing it again. FPS just do not work on switch in hand held mode IMO The controls make the game 10x harder and therefore needlessly frustrating. I recently started got doom on my PC and I am having an altogether different experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Turn on gyro Aiming
    ???
    Enjoy doom
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Turn on gyro Aiming
    ???
    Enjoy doom
    Not everyone likes Gyro Aiming/Motion controls, Personally I hate it.

Not everyone likes Gyro Aiming/Motion controls, Personally I hate it.
    Exactly... I'll just stick to keyboard/mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

- - - Updated - - -

IMO shooters dont work on console at all. The controls are uniformly terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    IMO shooters dont work on console at all. The controls are uniformly terrible.
    If that were true shooters like Call of Duty wouldn't be anywhere near as popular. That said fast paced shooters like Doom are definitely better played with a mouse and keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Pokemon and Smash I expect the Switch to double its current install base early next year. (especially because of pokemon)

However..... im feeling like the Switch is gonna have the Wii problem for a lot of people again. Mostly collecting dust other than the big N titles.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    However..... im feeling like the Switch is gonna have the Wii problem for a lot of people again. Mostly collecting dust other than the big N titles.
    It is the best platform for indies and smaller scale games (unless the game is made for mouse and KB controls). The lack of power means it can't compete in the AAA graphic powerhouse space, but in everything else Switch is stellar platform.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    With Pokemon and Smash I expect the Switch to double its current install base early next year. (especially because of pokemon)

Eh, the Wii didn't have indies and JRPGs in droves like the Switch does. Games literally great for portable, playing on lunch/plane/in bed etc.

The Switch is basically becoming the Vita 2(as far as indies and JP 3rd party support gos), with Nintendo support(which makes it sell, unlike the Vita). It's gonna be in a good position.

I must say every 3rd party game and its brother coming out at full price and the rest of the year from Nintendo being really lackluster (for me) is hurting the Switch for me.

Honestly considered selling mine because its just annoying to seeing it collect dust because of those two things. Rather just get a bunch of games for another system at this point.
    didnt you already sell your first switch? how many damn switches are you going to buy.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

2018 hasnt quite been the year of video games I thought it would be.

Apart from the month of september most of the big titles are being pushed into 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    2018 hasnt quite been the year of video games I thought it would be.

Apart from the month of september most of the big titles are being pushed into 2019/2020
    What game of note was announced for 2018 and delayed to 2019?

KH3 I guess... missing 2018 by a whopping 29 days and.... FE I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What game of note was announced for 2018 and delayed to 2019?

KH3 I guess... missing 2018 by a whopping 29 days and.... FE I guess?
    Well yeah, when games are not released in that year they dont count. Got heaps of free time at the moment and apart from god of war theres been fuck all this year.

Yes yes tech we all know developers try get the christmas market, thanks for spelling it out.

And not all games had their release dates out till recently like last of us 2, days gone so while you with your divine foresight already knew a lot of titles would be out in 2019, I was hoping they might release them earlier.