Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So wait, games can opt out of the NO requirement as well.........

Jesus fucken christ.
    I'm not an expert on them but doesn't the game actually do nothing but create a site for people to go to on their PC or Mobile devices where they actually play the game? I was pretty sure the actual "game" part of it you see on the console was just graphics showing results and narration.

So it would be kind of impossible to pay wall it if it works like how I think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm not an expert on them but doesn't the game actually do nothing but create a site for people to go to on their PC or Mobile devices where they actually play the game? I was pretty sure the actual "game" part of it you see on the console was just graphics showing results and narration.

So it would be kind of impossible to pay wall it if it works like how I think it does.
    Honestly not sure on that ether, so maybe I overacted on it.

But if you can opt out of NO that will be dumb as fuck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

And here we go. OS 6.0 and Switch Online should be dropping anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    And here we go. OS 6.0 and Switch Online should be dropping anytime.
    So its going to drop early in the night.

Lots of kids are about to be pissed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

There is a controller update. The first time I've ever been promted for one.

- - - Updated - - -

So its going to drop early in the night.

Lots of kids are about to be pissed.
    Online functionality is down for maintenance at the moment anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Online functionality is down for maintenance at the moment anyways.
    Well that's good then.

Nothing is more annoying then being in the middle of a match and you get dced for a update.

6.0 seems to have added a new feature noone datamined:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo...ail/a_id/22448

You can connect other Switches to your Nintendo Account and play games on that separate Switch, but you have to be online to do so (no Switch Online needed except for in-game functions) and the account is the only one that can play those games (so if you try to start up the same game on your main Switch while trying to play, the other Switch will will pause and you will start playing normally on your main Switch).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can remotely remove a Nintendo Switch from your Nintendo Account using your Nintendo Account.

- - - Updated - - -

Title Theme - Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer by Kazumi Totaka

So fun fact about the NES Classic games you get with NO.

You can only play Multiplayer with your friends, there is no random matchmaking of any kind.

One good thing that came from Nintendo Online is that i played SMB3 with my mom for the first time in 20 or so years. I thought metroid was supposed to be included though.

Looks like NES games are having image retention issues on the Switch. Both the Switch screen itself and a PC monitor confirmed having issues from pics.

Play them at your own risk for the time being. Shouldn't be permanent on a LCD but could be highly annoying and take varying time lengths to go away.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-19 at 05:49 AM.

Honestly not sure on that ether, so maybe I overacted on it.

But if you can opt out of NO that will be dumb as fuck.
    You can opt out from NO. Fortnite is another game that doesnt need NO to play.

- - - Updated - - -

So fun fact about the NES Classic games you get with NO.

You can only play Multiplayer with your friends, there is no random matchmaking of any kind.
    Of course there isn't. That would require back-end effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can opt out from NO. Fortnite is another game that doesnt need NO to play.
    Because fortnite is a f2p game. You don't need PS+ to play it on PS4 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Because fortnite is a f2p game. You don't need PS+ to play it on PS4 either.
    If Jackbix and Fortnite can opt out from NO, what stops every other 3rd party joining them? It is not like Nintendo is providing them servers, matchmaking or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if this game is worth it?
    http://valkyria.sega.com/
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Have you played any of the other Valkyria games? If so you will likely enjoy this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played any of the other Valkyria games? If so you will likely enjoy this one.
    Nah never. Probaly because of PSP. And i never seen one on sale either (on game shelfs).
    I will give it a try tho. Since i am almost done with torna dlc (3 gold bosses left --- lvling like mad to 100)

Valkyria Chronicles is the game that sold me on a PS3 and one of my favourites. The series is turn based 3rd person strategy rpg and its fucking great.

Nah never. Probaly because of PSP. And i never seen one on sale either (on game shelfs).
    I will give it a try tho. Since i am almost done with torna dlc (3 gold bosses left --- lvling like mad to 100)
    Do you own a PS4? If so get the Valkyria Chronicles Remaster and give it a go.

Don't buy Valkyria Revolution tho, From what I keep seeing/hearing its a bad game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Valkyria Chronicles is the game that sold me on a PS3 and one of my favourites. The series is turn based 3rd person strategy rpg and its fucking great.
    By the look of it its more simple and free to move version of rabbits kingdom. But gameplay wise its very like Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction (just turn based and anime):

So i can see why people like it.

As someone who loathes the 'evil empire' trope, am I better off giving Valkyria Chronicles a pass? If there's shades of grey, that's fine - but I just don't enjoy stories involving war unless there's depth to both sides. If it helps, I thoroughly enjoyed the likes of Grandia, FFXII and XC2 for averting the usual 'empire' tropes.