Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I was reading something just the other day from nintendo saying a significant percentage of switch users only play in handheld mode. I dont personally because i like xenobalde chronicles not looking like realtime player file from 2002 but some people dont use the dock or connect to their tv at all. If they know its significant enough then a cheaper version without the dock they wouldn't use is going to apply to those people in the same way people will pay more for a pro controller. Its not how some of us play with docked and the joycons in the controller thing but for some its what they want as a replacement for their handhelds, i'd say god knows why but im also the only person i know with a vita so different strokes i guess.
    Many games still require the Gryo Scope and the HD Humble, Also yes a significant precentage users do only play in handheld and so does those who play docked.

I've seen the chart your talking about and the amount who does both is nearly 50% of the total user base (last reported).

Premanently attached Joy-Con's will still require HD rumble and Gryo Scope and cause of that they wouldn't save on production at all.

At most we will get a Dockless Switch like Japan has right now.

Offtopic: Thanks to NO it will take Nintendo up to 7 business days to remove the old wii-u on my account off and to add my new one LOL. All I want to do is play some fucken Mario Maker, I gues ill just make a new account.

Could have swore I unlinked the last Wii-U I had from my account I guess I didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

So based on Rich's second insider source (take it with a grain of salt and its not the same info from a month ago). The switch model next year will be a more powerful version of The Switch because Nintendo is nervous the current model will lose competitiveness due to how weak it will be compared to PS5/(Xbox whatever).

It will....
    1) Cost $399.
    2) Have around 256GB up to 512GB.
    3) Push for AAA third party support. There is rumors the RE2 remake will be on the more powerful Switch.
    4) The hardware spec is under super NDA but they are saying its near equal to a base PS4.
    5) It may have a custom chipset in it (likely a rework of Nvidia's chipset due to the hacking shit)

Its also rumored they have been working on this system for 3-4 years and the reason we got the model we did was because of tech limits and they wanted to test the waters with The Switch. Based on a rumor it will be announced this January.

Like Rich says in the video and I'm saying now is to take all of this with a massive grain of salt.

With that said if this turns out to be true then from the bottom of my heart...... FUCK YOU NINTENDO. It would 100% prove all The Switch (Model 1) was was a beta test and there is a 100% chance a lot of games will be exclusive to the more powerful Switch. This will be a massive middle finger to anyone who has bought a Switch in the past year and ahalf.

But like I said and Rich said take it with a massive grain of salt. But the rumors of a more powerful Switch coming out are starting to have some steam behind them it seems.

Also seems Nintendo themselves leaked that a system is coming next year to make investors happy.

Also before anyone comes at me with the "Nintendo has done this before" crap, No the only time they did this was with the "New" 3DS. There is a massive difference in a "Pro" release system and a revision. Also the "New" 3DS barely had any exclusives. If this turns out to be true then its very likely a lot of 3rd party support will be "New Switch" exclusive.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-10-05 at 02:47 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

With that said if this turns out to be true then from the bottom of my heart...... FUCK YOU NINTENDO. It would 100% prove all The Switch (Model 1) was was a beta test and there is a 100% chance a lot of games will be exclusive to the more powerful Switch. This will be a massive middle finger to anyone who has bought a Switch in the past year and ahalf.

Why does it feel like everything I am paying for lately feels like a beta test of what could be a better product? +10 points if you know what else I am throwing shade at

Will I buy it? I don't know, I generally don't like supporting dumb shady feeling moves like this But at this point the Switch is one of the few things that I have fun playing with and if I can replay BOTW in 60 fps I will.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Why does it feel like everything I am paying for lately feels like a beta test of what could be a better product? +10 points if you know what else I am throwing shade at

Will I buy it? I don't know, I generally don't like supporting dumb shady feeling moves like this But at this point the Switch is one of the few things that I have fun playing with and if I can replay BOTW in 60 fps I will.
    BOTW caps at 30FPS so they would have to release a 60FPS Switch "Pro" patch and that's if the CPU bump would be enough to handle it.

What is BFA for $1000 Alex.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-10-05 at 03:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

That youtuber linked is literally always clickbait/wrong.

He has no inside sources, just some schmuck piggy backing off the WSJ report with some click bait.

Let's not forget the massive out rage he helped perpetrate of the "cracking Switches" which has gone away as quick as it was reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That youtuber linked is literally always clickbait/wrong.

He has no inside sources, just some schmuck piggy backing off the WSJ report with some click bait.

Let's not forget the massive out rage he helped perpetrate of the "cracking Switches" which has gone away as quick as it was reported.
    Kinda why I added "take it with a massive grain of salt".

But if Nintendo did do a "Pro" Switch next year that would be a massive fuck you to anyone who bought a switch. Also if the performance is that big of a difference then it mite as well be Switch 2.

Also
    Zelda Timeline Revised To Include Breath Of The Wild
    No matter what happens, Breath of the Wild happens.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ze...source=twitter
    Nintendo's timeline of the Legend of Zelda series has been altered to make a minor revision, as well as to find a spot for the latest entry in the series. Surprisingly, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild now officially falls at the end of every branch of the timeline.

Officially, the Legend of Zelda timeline splits into three branches, with Ocarina of Time acting as the inflection point. One branch, in which the Hero of Time is defeated, leads to a dark timeline that covers Link to the Past and the original Legend of Zelda. The other two, in which the Hero of Time is victorious, branches from the childhood and adult versions of Link. The child has his own adventures leading to Majora's Mask and his legacy being remembered in Twilight Princess, while the adult timeline eventually floods Hyrule and brings about Wind Waker.

It's all very confounding, but one aspect of the revision simplifies it quite a bit. According to the latest official timeline on the Japanese site, all three of those possibilities end with Breath of the Wild. That means that whether it's in the ruined Hyrule, the legacy Hyrule, or the new Hyrule established after the flood, the events in BotW can work out. That potentially gives Nintendo a nice clean start-point for any sequels that follow BotW.

One other minor revision to the timeline switches the order of two games. Link's Awakening had been listed as following the Oracle of Ages and Seasons games, but now Link's Awakening comes first. It's a minor change, but it makes a bit more sense. The western site has not been edited yet to make any such changes to the timeline.
    Is it just me or is that just dumb?

But if Nintendo did do a "Pro" Switch next year that would be a massive fuck you to anyone who bought a switch.
    Depends what part of next year it releases in if they did do it.

For example if it's a holiday season release that would only be a 3 month difference in the time frame between PS4 and PS4 Pro releases. So roughly in line with what Sony did.

But yea even if it happens it's not gonna approach PS4 power levels in a mobile device for $399. Even if it was possible the system would have a 1-2 hour battery life and cost a hell of a lot more then $400.

If it does happen and we get a "Switch Pro"... It will probably support mostly native 720p games in mobile and mostly 1080p docked instead of the lower numbers you get now, have a bigger screen due to having room to grow, have slightly longer battery life. People claiming PS4 equivalent are drinking some massive fucking kool aid. Switch games are still gonna look like Switch games, just perform slightly better.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-10-05 at 04:26 AM.

Is it just me or is that just dumb?
    it was blatantly obvious to everyone, the leading theory since the game came out was that it was some sort of zelda version of a dragonbreak

"A Dragon Break, sometimes referred to as an un-time,[1] is a temporal phenomenon that involves a splitting of the natural timeline which results in branching parallel realities where the same events occur differently, or not at all. This results in a return to the non-linear timeline of the Dawn Era. At the end of a Dragon Break, the timeline reconnects making all possibilities and outcomes truth, though contradictory to each other. The "Dragon" that is mentioned is in reference towards Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time"

they literally reference all timelines in botw, creatures from all the timelines coexist.

there was no other possiblity other than reboot/new timeline.

they mention the events of wind waker, twilight princess, and the old school games (albeit obviously much less since those games had little to no story)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Depends what part of next year it releases in if they did do it.

For example if it's a holiday season release that would only be a 3 month difference in the time frame between PS4 and PS4 Pro releases. So roughly in line with what Sony did.
    I agree only if games don't start becoming exclusive to the system. There isn't one game that's exclusive to the Ps4 Pro, but if 3rd party's start making their stuff exclusive to the Switch Pro then that is a massive fuck you to the original owner's of the Switch and at the fault of Nintendo.

also the concept of time trying to or attempting to "correct" itself or merge timelines that never shouldve existed is far from a new trope.

botw and skyward sword are also the main games where nintendo realized people actually LIKE story in zelda and that their timeline was all a bunch of fuckery. by essentially making botw a new jumping on point or as correction of the timeline it allows them to carry the franchise more narratively focused in the future with less bullshit.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it was blatantly obvious to everyone
    Clearly not.

Then again I personally think BOTW is shit and I have kinda forgot everything I have done or seen in it. To me its just lazy writing.

I'd like a screen size increase by decreasing the bezels. Aside from that, more power on the inside would be cool too.

Clearly not.

Then again I personally think BOTW is shit and I have kinda forgot everything I have done or seen in it. To me its just lazy writing.
    it is if you paid attention.

if you go back and look at all the clickbait "er mah gerd where is botw on the timeline" videos everyone is forced to throw their hands up and say who the fuck knows/merging.

they make blatant contradictory references to all the timelines, some of which are not just hint hint wink wink easter eggs but straight up flatout impossiblities. and it was even more confusing because some of the references arent even the same references in different languages. (for example i believe zelda mentions the events of twilight princess in the english version but in another language she references wind waker)

it is if you paid attention.
    I would have paided more attention if the game was actually interesting.

Still screams lazy writing to me but hey if you dig it then good for you, You do you.

BOTW caps at 30FPS so they would have to release a 60FPS Switch "Pro" patch and that's if the CPU bump would be enough to handle it.

What is BFA for $1000 Alex.
    +10 points.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I would have paided more attention if the game was actually interesting.

Still screams lazy writing to me but hey if you dig it then good for you, You do you.
    not commenting on whether or not its good or bad, its placement in the timeline has little to do with the actual writing of the game, just saying its the only option they had.

they couldve just as easily have been like "we dont actually give a fuck about the timeline" and it wouldve made just as much sense and plenty of people still feel that way.

we have to wait and see if the fact that the timelines are now merged actually affects anything in future games other than the fact that, like botw, they can now use whatever monsters and characters they want without explanation

- - - Updated - - -

hell the simple fact that the rito and zora both exist are massive contradictory things.

the rito evolved from the zora, dragon roost island and zoras domain are literally the same place. they shouldnt BOTH be in hyrule because theyre supposed to be the same location and people.

zoras domain has stones that mention the sages and the events of the child timeline, while dragons roost island mentions the events of wind waker and the adult timeline.

not commenting on whether or not its good or bad, its placement in the timeline has little to do with the actual writing of the game, just saying its the only option they had.

they couldve just as easily have been like "we dont actually give a fuck about the timeline" and it wouldve made just as much sense and plenty of people still feel that way.

we have to wait and see if the fact that the timelines are now merged actually affects anything in future games other than the fact that, like botw, they can now use whatever monsters and characters they want without explanation
    True like you said we won't really know until the next game. To me if they are merging all the timeline's into one game that's just lazy and IMO ruins a very interesting part of the Zelda franchise.

One of the fun things for those who really wanted to dig into it was trying to figure out what Zelda was what timeline and what it could lead to. If all of them lead to BOTW that just seems lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

hell the simple fact that the rito and zora both exist are massive contradictory things.

the rito evolved from the zora, dragon roost island and zoras domain are literally the same place. they shouldnt BOTH be in hyrule because theyre supposed to be the same location and people.

zoras domain has stones that mention the sages and the events of the child timeline, while dragons roost island mentions the events of wind waker and the adult timeline.
    And that just goes back to my point of it being lazy writing.

It feels like with BOTW they just threw the baby out the bathwater and said fuck it.

just got to chapter 5 on xenoblade. honestly im not sure how i really feel about this game.

i liked it at first but the longer i play it the more i want to stop playing it and just watch the cutscenes on youtube. its gotten better though now that i stopped doing the side quests but its still a huge slog and the combat is just boring imo. its too slow.

15+ Year Old Account
    just got to chapter 5 on xenoblade. honestly im not sure how i really feel about this game.

i liked it at first but the longer i play it the more i want to stop playing it and just watch the cutscenes on youtube. its gotten better though now that i stopped doing the side quests but its still a huge slog and the combat is just boring imo. its too slow.
    Play for pyra, stay for the amazing chapter 12.

That's the one major problem with Xenoblade 2. Combat ends up slow at the beginning. It does speed up once you unlock the third active Blade spot (at the beginning of chapter 5), the cancel Driver arts into Driver arts skill on a character's affinity chart, and better accessories/pouch items.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/...56490507624449

Source gaming has noticed Nintendo has changed the thumbnail on Smash 4's "New Content Approaching" Direct (the one which announced Ryu, Lucas, and Roy as DLC) adding in Nintendo's newer red labeling, compared to the old grey for general Nintendo branding, and added ina Smash Ultimate link in the description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Rich says in the video and I'm saying now is to take all of this with a massive grain of salt.
    Think you need more than grains, like a truckload at this point.

Anyways... as powerful as base PS4 in a tablet... It's just... no. There are way too many factors in this that makes it impossible to without making it eat battery like it's candy. They can get compute up to PS4 in a tablet, that's technically not a problem. Nvidia can easily just stick more SMs into it and expand it on a smaller lithography to be a reasonable die size and power for the GPU. Problem arises in feeding the thing. LPDDR4 dual channel isn't a lot of bandwidth. PS4 is GDDR5 256bit at a higher clock rate which is 4x more bandwidth (iirc) than that of LPDDR4 dual channel. It can all sound nice until you realize that memory bandwidth is still a huge bottleneck for a lot of GPUs still. Each DRAM module eats power into an already limited environment is just asking it to last like an hour or less before it just rolls over and dies.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-10-07 at 05:39 AM.