10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    CTR and ff7/9/10 is huge for me. So rude how they skipped 6 and 8 though
    Yeah, I really want to play 6, but not buying the steam version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I want a top down zelda with a huge map and lots of dungeons like the original and i want another zelda like zelda 2 thats side scrolling and metroidvania

- - - Updated - - -

also where the fuck is pikmin 4?

miyamoto said it was almost done back in the nx days and all weve heard about it since is that theyre still making it and it wasnt hey pikmin
    Probably going to be an early 2020 game. I bet its been done for at least a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ive been replaying botw again to see if i still hate it and i guess having my own room in the winter and being all snuggly under the blankets makes it at least nice to play this time.
    Breath of the Wild is a great engine with a sparce world and not enough story/quests. Imagine BoTW with witcher 3 quests etc. How good would that be? Ive still only put like 30 hours into it. Its fun for a few here and there, but not enough substance to me. Maybe its just me, but i dont like content devoid sandboxes unless they are multiplayer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's definitely not a bad game, I just hate the fact it's not really a zelda game when the only unique dungeon in the entire game is hyrule castle and the rest of the game is mostly copy pasted assets.

Hopefully for the next 3D zelda they can keep the physics engine, but ditch the stupid durability that does nothing for the game and add real dungeons.

It's still fun to play and definitely feels magical at times but shrines and divine beasts where not good substitutes for dungeons IMO.
    YES! Keep the engine. Maybe even the general world layout. Add some traditional rpg quests, and tons of classic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

RDR2 does not have random encounters, they're all scripted. There is just so many of them all over the place, but they all trigger in the exact same locations at the exact same times for any player.

I don't have a problem with BoTW's world if it actually had dungeons. The physics engine makes the world feel alive in a different way then a game like RDR2 does with just brute forcing scripted events all over the place.

Also I would say a JRPG takes the cake on side content actually mattering in the game. That is XCX, where as you progress the side quests you literally see the world and new LA change around you. So not sure about that comment(although I'm not sure what JRPGs have to do with this discussion in the first place, BoTW is NOT a JRPG).
    Do you think Nintendo would allow Xenoblade devs to use the BoTW engine to make another open world Zelda? That could be magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Do you think Nintendo would allow Xenoblade devs to use the BoTW engine to make another open world Zelda? That could be magical.
    I'd be happy if Y's IX dev's used the BotW engine, while keeping all the WoW elements intact. They probably won't because of all the mat farming, and mob farming; stuff that requires visual effects. Did I just make a link between WoW and Y's? haha

Of course it's a silly concept. Xenoblade, Breath of the Wild, and Y's are all existing on different plains.

They use VERY different engines. But they all play nice.

Monolith basically already made BoTW as it is. Look at the credits for the game, they out number the EPD staff almost 2:1.

Pretty sure the only reason Nintendo footed the bill for XCX was to get them experience on making open worlds for BoTW. X had to of costed A LOT more moola to make then XC2 did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Of course it's a silly concept. Xenoblade, Breath of the Wild, and Y's are all existing on different plains.

They use VERY different engines. But they all play nice.
    No, Xenoblade and BoTW are very similar and share dev teams mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monolith basically already made BoTW as it is. Look at the credits for the game, they out number the EPD staff almost 2:1.

Pretty sure the only reason Nintendo footed the bill for XCX was to get them experience on making open worlds for BoTW. X had to of costed A LOT more moola to make then XC2 did.

- - - Updated - - -

But, how great would a monolith Zelda game using the BoTW engine be? With more tradition dungeons, and tons of story quests like a Xenoblade game? Game of the year. Maybe game of the decade if made right.

Oh?

pls share!

- - - Updated - - -

But, how great would a monolith Zelda game using the BoTW engine be? With more tradition dungeons, and tons of story quests like a Xenoblade game? Game of the year. Maybe game of the decade if made right.
    Meh .. with mat farming, real time "action" combat then you got a Zelda game. If you equate a game to Zelda it really needs to be action combat.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-13 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Oh?

pls share!

- - - Updated - - -

Meh .. with mat farming, real time "action" combat then you got a Zelda game. If you equate a game to Zelda it really needs to be action combat.
    Monolith Soft is not just a development team for Nintendo, they are also a support team. The games they've helped Nintendo with were Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild, New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, both Splatoons, and Pikmin 3. They had so many people helping with other Nintendo projects (mainly Breath of the Wild) that Xenoblade 2 was made with only 40 in-house devs, or about 2/5ths of their total staff at the time, with the remainder of the work being outsourced.

https://nintendosoup.com/40-develope...-chronicles-2/

But, how great would a monolith Zelda game using the BoTW engine be?
    What BoTW engine? You mean the physics engine? Cause I'm pretty sure they use either the same or very similar base game engines already.

Anyways let Monolith stick to what they are good at, which is JRPGs with anime titties and lots of on screen deaths. I don't want to see them making a game that has to conform to standards for kids which Nintendo would want out of the Zelda IP. Their team is already great at helping Nintendo create large games outside of their own niche as seen with BoTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    What BoTW engine? You mean the physics engine? Cause I'm pretty sure they use either the same or very similar base game engines already.

Anyways let Monolith stick to what they are good at, which is JRPGs with anime titties and lots of on screen deaths. I don't want to see them making a game that has to conform to standards for kids which Nintendo would want out of the Zelda IP. Their team is already great at helping Nintendo create large games outside of their own niche as seen with BoTW.
    You are telling me that BotW and Xenoblade 2 use the same engine? Whatever you call it, the physics in BotW are amazing. So much cool stuff you can do. Physics can make a game. Just cause would be boring to a lot of people without the way it does physics.

You are telling me that BotW and Xenoblade 2 use the same engine? Whatever you call it, the physics in BotW are amazing. So much cool stuff you can do. Physics can make a game. Just cause would be boring to a lot of people without the way it does physics.
    It's good for a game like BoTW. I mean, it's literally the core game mechanic there and without it, it would be a pretty terrible and shallow game.

A JRPG does not need it though. WTF are you gonna do with a physics engine in a Xenoblade game? There aren't puzzles you solve, you just fight shit and read/listen to dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good for a game like BoTW. I mean, it's literally the core game mechanic there and without it, it would be a pretty terrible and shallow game.

A JRPG does not need it though. WTF are you gonna do with a physics engine in a Xenoblade game? There aren't puzzles you solve, you just fight shit and read/listen to dialogue.
    Thats whay you said.
    You mean the physics engine? Cause I'm pretty sure they use either the same or very similar base game engines already.
    Idk, I still havent played Xenoblade 2. I just want a BotW sequel with the same cool physics, but this time with an actual story and good traditional dungeons etc.

Thats whay you said.

Idk, I still havent played Xenoblade 2. I just want a BotW sequel with the same cool physics, but this time with an actual story and good traditional dungeons etc.
    There is never going to be a meaningful story in a Zelda game, but yes it needs dungeons. Shrines and Beasts where whack.

There is never going to be a meaningful story in a Zelda game, but yes it needs dungeons. Shrines and Beasts where whack.
    Really? I think Shrines and Beasts were an upgrade.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Really? I think Shrines and Beasts were an upgrade.
    They're different than OoT, so they're bad.

BOTW was a great tech demo for The Switch, It was bad at everything else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    BOTW was a great tech demo for The Switch, It was bad at everything else.
    It had issues but the game was amazing. I don't know if I can ever go back to a Zelda game that doesn't offer the level of freedom BOTW gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They're different than OoT, so they're bad.
    Hehe, gotcha!

Btw, I'm a Zelda fan who never played the games on N64 or SNES. *ducks and covers*
    Mother pus bucket!

BoTW was a great game but has too many HUGE problems to be considered a masterpiece.

1) The music is complete garbage for a zelda game.
    2) Terrible FPS that is absolutely not acceptable
    3) Only like 4 bosses, all of them look the same, and they're all easy (Not that zelda has ever been hard, but BoTW was actually challenging outside the dungeons)
    4) Shrines have no variety in color pallete
    5) Only 4 "dungeons", and they all look the same. Good concept, bad execution.
    6) The weapon system is garbage. Give me quality over quantity and at the very least quadruple the durability. I'm with Jim Sterling in that weapon durability systems are never fun anyways.

There's no way that BoTW, while being a very fun and unique game and definitely a move in the right direction for Zelda, can be considered a masterpiece because of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    BoTW was a great game but has too many HUGE problems to be considered a masterpiece.

2) Terrible FPS that is absolutely not acceptable
    Never understood this, do you mean in that forrest? That's the only place where I noticed lags.
    Mother pus bucket!

Never understood this, do you mean in that forrest? That's the only place where I noticed lags.
    Maybe they patched it, but the I remember playing all the way back in December 2017 on my Switch and the game gets into the single digits not unfrequently when there's fire / wind on the screen.

On release it was pretty bad, but also got more press because of the buggy first wave of switches.