Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and gamecube never ever.
    They even have a Wii emulator already running on tegra but chances of seeing it any time soon on Switch? None. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They even have a Wii emulator already running on tegra but chances of seeing it any time soon on Switch? None. LOL.
    and gamecube never ever.
    I actually read an idea somewhere (I forgot where) soon after the news broke of Nintendo not emulating any games after the GCN/GBA since they could likely enhance and HDify any games afterwards and sell them for more. We've already had one GBA game get a HD enhanced port (TWEWY) and there was talk of making a HD remake of Paper Mario: TTYD right around Color Splash's launch, and we've had two HD Zelda games come out relatively recently.

Again, it's just an idea, and hopefully it's wrong.

and gamecube never ever.
    Gamecube is on the generation where they profit more from HD remakes of its games instead of emulating them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I actually read an idea somewhere (I forgot where) soon after the news broke of Nintendo not emulating any games after the GCN/GBA since they could likely enhance and HDify any games afterwards and sell them for more. We've already had one GBA game get a HD enhanced port (TWEWY) and there was talk of making a HD remake of Paper Mario: TTYD right around Color Splash's launch, and we've had two HD Zelda games come out relatively recently.

Again, it's just an idea, and hopefully it's wrong.
    TWEWY was a DS game not a GBA game.

But yea I could see them stopping and not doing anything DS/GC related or later for this very reason. Well that and DS games would be forced to play in handheld mode, while the emulation of them worked well on the Wii U I don't think it would work as well on the Switch due to this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-13 at 07:38 PM.

So I picked up the Starlink Starfox Bundle at work today since it only cost $25 and it was the last one.

Honestly I'm really impressed with it so far. The resolution in handheld mode isn't the best but its still nice to look at and so far it is fun and feels smooth.

I mainly bought it for the Starfox ship but as a game its not bad so far.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I picked up the Starlink Starfox Bundle at work today since it only cost $25 and it was the last one.

Honestly I'm really impressed with it so far. The resolution in handheld mode isn't the best but its still nice to look at and so far it is fun and feels smooth.

I mainly bought it for the Starfox ship but as a game its not bad so far.
    You arent the only one. Try to play it co-op with a family member as the game is a bit repeateable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You arent the only one. Try to play it co-op with a family member as the game is a bit repeateable.
    I don't think ill mind that its a bit repetitive because I find it fun at lease for now.

Its the best Starfox game in ages LOL

Like I said I'm surprised how well the game looks and runs in portable mode as well.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-01-14 at 09:05 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't think ill mind that its a bit repetitive because I find it fun at lease for now.

Its the best Starfox game in ages LOL

Like I said I'm surprised how well the game looks and runs in portable mode as well.
    Most games work well in handheld mode. I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the only game where the resolution in handheld mode is complete garbage and I don't know of any games where it becomes unplayable in handheld mode.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Most games work well in handheld mode. I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the only game where the resolution in handheld mode is complete garbage and I don't know of any games where it becomes unplayable in handheld mode.
    I actually don't hate XC2 in handheld but I'm not a huge tech guy that needs the best resolution or fps either. As long as I'm not paying a 16-bit game in the end I'm pretty cool with it.

My biggest complaint about handheld mode is the joycons aren't super comfortable to play for long sessions. I think I'm going to get a converter so I can play on my wired switch controller for traveling.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mortal-Komb.../dp/B07L73DW8M

Amazon UK lists Mortal Kombat XI Switch as getting a two and a half week delay to May 10th.

You know blizz is gonna try and port over WoW to the switch...i can almost see that as a possible thing. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    You know blizz is gonna try and port over WoW to the switch...i can almost see that as a possible thing. T.T
    All 240p/5fps of it will be amazing to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Why are you posting the exact same thing over and over again in this thread?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50677209

Either way it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    I actually don't hate XC2 in handheld but I'm not a huge tech guy that needs the best resolution or fps either. As long as I'm not paying a 16-bit game in the end I'm pretty cool with it.

My biggest complaint about handheld mode is the joycons aren't super comfortable to play for long sessions. I think I'm going to get a converter so I can play on my wired switch controller for traveling.
    I've got one of those 8BitDO SF30 Pro controllers, has quality sticks and a proper D-pad on a SNES configuration wireless controller with USB-C charging, has motion sensors too for some of the games that support it. I just stick the switch down on a desk or whatever and play with that controller wireless, hard to go back to holding the switch as a handheld and using the joycons after that, I dont mind the joycons so much when they are in the grip but even then the lack of a d-pad is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea, reading player inputs is the SF special. Even in SFV to this day if you put a pro up against a 10 difficulty Bison AI they will need a cheese strat to beat him because he knows what button you're pressing and destroys you with a faster button. A lot of the AI in the SF games comes down to finding a cheese method to break them, doesn't really help teach anyone fundamentals or anything.

USF2 I ran through the SP a few times on w/e normal difficulty is called in that game and I didn't think it was particularly cheesy, but it probably is on the higher ones.
    Been playing 30th anniversary a lot in the last couple of days, mostly Alpha 2+3. Notice Bison always teleports directly behind you if you do a ranged projectile attack, not so bad with Ryu but with Chun-Li her animation seems to be slower and he always lands an attack after his teleport if I try to fireball him, as soon as I've input my command he will teleport every time, so using a fireball with her can only be used in a few scenarios.

Other thing was trying to beat his Ultimate Psycho Crusher super attack, he was hard enough without an attack that deals 50-60% of a full bar in one hit, on some attempts I was able to block it while the majority I couldn't do it at all and couldn't figure out how I had done it before. On the attempt I finally beat him with Ryu I managed to Shoryuken dodge his Super by fluke, then beat him in the next round before he got his super back.

Gave up on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo though, CPU is dirty from the start.. Not tried PVP, it's a bit inconvenient.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-01-15 at 07:00 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Some more difficulty options would be the winner, I grew up with the Street Fighter games but the console versions primarily. Arcade versions are brutal compared to the console ports, some of them have difficulty options but it's basically from hard to harder. Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3rd Strike are the only reasonable difficulty ones in the collection that I've played so far, I managed to clear Alpha 2 on the default difficulty with some effort, albeit only with Ryu.

I bought it for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo mainly (never played it previously, I had Mega Drive Champion Edition), unfortunately a bit of digging suggests the version included with the collection is a near impossible US version of the Arcade machine that was so difficult Capcom issued an update to fix it, while Japan had a "Grandmaster" version of the Arcade machine which was much more manageable vs the CPU. I don't know much about that story, but to say the CPU is ridiculous in the 30th anniversary SSF2T is an understatement, they seem to be reading and reacting to player inputs flawlessly and mercilessly.

Game is still great, it's all the Classic Street Fighter games which are amazing... Maybe I should try Ultra SF2 for CPU play though, meh.
    The arcade CPU difficulty has indeed always been nigh impossible.

That said, SF in general is a tricky game to master and requires a lot of preconditions in order to play it well. First of all, you need an arcade (joy)stick to play even remotely well. Secondly, you need a screen with very low input lag and lastly, you want to generally ignore playing vs the CPU, since it teaches you techniques that are useless and even counter productive in vs mode.

Man, whenever I talk about Street Fighter, it brings me back to when I was a kid and walked into the living room only to see a brand new SNES hooked to the TV. Oh the warm a fuzzies!

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

That said, SF in general is a tricky game to master and requires a lot of preconditions in order to play it well. First of all, you need an arcade (joy)stick to play even remotely well. Secondly, you need a screen with very low input lag and lastly, you want to generally ignore playing vs the CPU, since it teaches you techniques that are useless and even counter productive in vs mode.

Man, whenever I talk about Street Fighter, it brings me back to when I was a kid and walked into the living room only to see a brand new SNES hooked to the TV. Oh the warm a fuzzies!
    Agree with everything except an arcade stick being needed. There are a lot of FG pros that use pads or controllers. It's whatever you are comfortable and used to. However, I will say that at least for me it seems to be easier to play certain characters (mostly charge characters or characters with 360 inputs) on an arcade stick versus a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

CPU is important for me because I'm using the Switch to play at times or in places where online or vs isn't convenient or possible, I have no aspirations to really get into the competitive Street Fighter scene and I know from 25+ years of playing Street Fighter that I'm never going to be especially good even if I tried, definitely enjoy the games immensely though.

I have a few fighting game friends who enjoy VS, we get together a few times a year but I'm the only big Street Fighter fan, the guys prefer 3D fighters and we end up playing Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast most of the time, these guys don't really game outside of those get togethers either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Agree with everything except an arcade stick being needed. There are a lot of FG pros that use pads or controllers. It's whatever you are comfortable and used to. However, I will say that at least for me it seems to be easier to play certain characters (mostly charge characters or characters with 360 inputs) on an arcade stick versus a controller.
    It can definitely be hard to be consistent with a gamepad though (depends on the pad), I don't own an arcade stick but having used them in the arcades it's a lot easier to be consistent. Like with a gamepad I seriously suffer in Street Fighter if my character is on the right side of the screen (aka player 2 position), I have trouble pulling the special moves off and yet with an arcade stick my consistency improves a lot.

The Sega Saturn gamepad is my favourite, it was clearly designed for arcade games and the D-pad is quite superior (tactile feel, accurate without many mistake inputs, and doesn't hurt your thumb after long use). I don't have any way to use my Saturn gamepads on my Switch at the moment, ideal scenario would be a Switch compatible wireless Saturn pad but one does not exist, Retro-Bit are releasing a Saturn pad just like this soon but it appears to support everything other than Switch.

Personally feel the Saturn pad is about as good as an Arcade stick for me, it's all about having a quality d-pad and 6 top facing buttons.

Edit : Also to consider specifically regarding Street Fighter 5, the game is super lenient towards inputs compared to previous games and so controller input accuracy is a much smaller issue than with older games like Street Fighter 2. Though I don't own SF5, I just played the free beta period a while back on Steam, in that game I was immediately able to pull off every special move every time.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-01-15 at 06:36 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Caveblazers is really fun guys, don't let this one slip away and it has couch co-op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah man! I've been holding off on a new pc pad until those dual analog Saturn pads come out. I'll be buying 3-4 of them (one for a friend and another for a cousin) and I'm sure they'll be useable in the Switch in some fashion .
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    SNIP
    You sound a lot like me. I love to follow the FG scene and I'm a tryhard on getting good with FG but I just don't have the willpower or drive to grind it out learning FG. However, I still love to play them and watch them competitively!

I actually found the SF4 gamepads that came out during the SF4 release to be pretty dang good for a pad. I ended up getting the MadCatz TE Arcade Stick because I love playing charge characters but when I did use the pad it wasn't terrible--especially for quarter circle moves.