10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering what party you guys went with in Octopath. I’m currently with H’aanit as main, cyrus, olberic and ophelia (though I’m considering dropping her for Alfyn)

Do any of the more experienced players have some advice? Thanks!
    Well if you want to finish endgame, you gota lvl them all.

But i personaly went with:
    Tressa (main character and also great at filling any role later in game due to hybrid stats) -- spear + bow + wind
    Cyrus (seeing enemy weakness is super usefull) -- staff , fire , ice , electic (mostly just to aoe)
    Ophilia (healbot) -- staff and light magic (lots of mobs are weak to those)
    H'aanit (other monster weakness) -- bow, axe, Lightning, Leghold Trap (usefull for bosses at start)

Later i kicked her out and made Tressa into a hunter and added Olberic (due to his tanking talent).
    Setup was like this: Tressa hunter, Cyrus Cleric (as a backup healer or for monsters that were resistant to all 3 elements), Ophilia as dancer (buffs when no healing) and Olberic as Apothecary (or merchant for rest)

I personaly find thief as skillline kinda usless. Armor Corrosive is only realy usefull skill, but you mostly have 1 tank 1 healer 1 melle 1 ranged.

Also later in game you get a chance at Warmaster or Starseer that covers up that weakness.

Hey guys,

I was wondering what party you guys went with in Octopath. I’m currently with H’aanit as main, cyrus, olberic and ophelia (though I’m considering dropping her for Alfyn)

Cycle everyone in and out. Prioritize first characters story as once you finish it you can sub them out of the party as well as they will probably be quite a bit ahead of the rest of the cast.

You need everyone at a really high level to beat the true end boss as it requires all 8 characters. Neglecting characters will just add on a lot of pointless grinding at the end.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-07 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cycle everyone in and out. Prioritize first characters story as once you finish it you can sub them out of the party as well as they will probably be quite a bit ahead of the rest of the cast.

You need everyone at a really high level to beat the true end boss as it requires all 8 characters. Neglecting characters will just add on a lot of pointless grinding at the end.
    Seems like a good idea. All right, I'll do just that!

By the way, this has to be one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. It's art, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I had no idea you could sub your main character out! I'll probably do this now as he is nearly ready for his chapter 4 and I'm still working on chapter 2 for everyone.

Hey guys,

Keep cyrus and olberic in your party at all times. They are the most broken characters and are too useful to not have. Everyone else is interchangeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I had no idea you could sub your main character out! I'll probably do this now as he is nearly ready for his chapter 4 and I'm still working on chapter 2 for everyone.
    Well i am re-playing the game differently now.
    With a rule that i cant change characters once i obtain them and i am not allowed to use others till i finish first 4.
    Once i am done with those 4, i will switch teams and start each of them at minimum posible lvl. (this means not even recruting them till i am done with other 4)
    Also i am not allowed to use better gear till i hit others citys with those characters. (but i can use other classes on them)

General overview of my Octoptah playthrough and what abilities I tended to use:

Ophilia: Her healing, and her light magic, especially her AoE one. Her reflect magic and Divine abilities saw some use when paired with the Dancer's Divine attack. Her guide path action became more and more useless as time wore on, especially due to it's randomness.

Cyrus: He pretty much became my crutch character early on. All of his abilities were used constantly, either to break or to nuke. I found his usefulness tapered off as more and more enemies were weak to the elements her couldn't use (wind, light, dark), and analyze as I started to learn every encounter's weaknesses.

Tressa: I only really used her wind abilities (especially the AoE one) and gift BP. I never had enough cash for Hired Help, and Sidestep only really became useful after she gianed the Runeblade class, where it then becomes broken.

Olberic: I tried using him as a tank early on, but sucked at it, where his spear attack which gives him priority next turn and his AoE Sword attack became his most used. His defense and attack self buffs were used situationally during bosses, and his random multiattack spear attack saw a decent amount of useage despite it's randomness. His divine attack saw some use during single target fights.

Primrose: Panther dance. Also her dark magic attacks (especially the AoE one) were also useful, but not great for nuking, just breaking. Her magically attack dance saw some use, mainly when I wanted to nuke harder. Her divine attack is broken when used on the right person, and saw a decent amount of use. Just as with Ophillia, her guide path action became more and more useless because of randomness.

Alfyn: I only really used his AoE axe attack (despite its SP cost), his poison attack, and the neutralize and defend against debuffs attack (especially with the Dancer Divine ability). Vivify got used a lot when Ophillia wasn't around (or dead). But where Alfyn shined was his Concoct battle action, the ability to double hit a single target or have an AoE attack for breaking, or the ability to heal/pump my party full of BP for a cheap cost of money, had me always keeping a maxed out inventory of all the cheap Concoct ingredients. I also tried not to rely on the secondary effects, but everytime I did, I was always disappointed.

Therion: Steal SP was my most used attack with him, mainly for damage and breaking (two hit dagger strike). Steal Hp was used like Steal SP, but only when he needed health. Share SP was used liberally, and his Divine attack was the first attack I used which hit the initial damage cap.

H'aanit: Leghold Trap is broken. Also, constantly used her two multihit bow attacks. Occasionally used Truestrike for single target nuking. Divine attack used constantly. Pets were used greatly at the start, but tapered off due to randomness except for her Provoke path ability (where randomness is negated due to the one on one nature of the battle).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i am re-playing the game differently now.
    With a rule that i cant change characters once i obtain them and i am not allowed to use others till i finish first 4.
    Once i am done with those 4, i will switch teams and start each of them at minimum posible lvl. (this means not even recruting them till i am done with other 4)
    Also i am not allowed to use better gear till i hit others citys with those characters. (but i can use other classes on them)
    I started out with a challenge run.

My basic idea was to constantly change up the party and their classes, bringing in the lowest level party members and whoever's story is going on everytime I hit a new town. This made no one boss the same, and made some bosses harder than they needed to be.
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2019-02-09 at 06:01 PM.

For some reason, a Spanish dating show "First Dates" tweeted out some Switch imagery hinting at something big happening on Valentine's Day.

https://twitter.com/firstdates_tv/st...58896220164096

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    For some reason, a Spanish dating show "First Dates" tweeted out some Switch imagery hinting at something big happening on Valentine's Day.

https://twitter.com/firstdates_tv/st...58896220164096
    I guess sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I guess sales.
    Nah it's not that. I had to look up the times, but I think I know.

On Friday, a ResetERA insider who's been pretty much on the mark, went and said "13 is your lucky number," alongside other insiders backing him up, people have been speculating a Direct.

The tweet I posted above was two hours after the insider leaked the info, so the tweet was likely piggybacking.

Rumour of a direct on the 13th Feb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upz0rRIu68o

Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    Looks like my dreams might be coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Rumour of a direct on the 13th Feb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upz0rRIu68o

Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    Looks like my dreams might be coming true.
    pokemon has always been in its own direct so i doubt the list but itd be cool
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Three Houses is up on the Switch eShop.

If we go on the precedent set by Yoshi's Crafted World, launch date announcement is soon, and the launch will likely be in May.

More specifically

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww shit boys. Can't wait to see more about Fire Emblem.

15+ Year Old Account
    God finally. I havent touched my switch in 153 million years

bring on the metroid prime trilogy, my thirst must be quenched.