Now do I buy a Switch Lite or a Switch Version 2.....Choices.

Really wish the Lite had improved battery life. Starting to get a itch to play Switch again.

Legit surprised Nintendo didn't charge more to play the SNES games. I 100% expect them to do it when N64 and GC rolls out.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-09-04 at 11:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope tms is uncensored now

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I hope tms is uncensored now
    I don't care if they put the gravure outfits in or now, the replacement outfits where better anyways. But Tsubasa's wedding dress needs uncensored, that was just dumb and butchering the art.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't care if they put the gravure outfits in or now, the replacement outfits where better anyways. But Tsubasa's wedding dress needs uncensored, that was just dumb and butchering the art.
    Its more of nintendos new stance on censorship. Be weird to still have the censored version sitting right next to pyra/mythra.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The lite does have improved battery life, just not quite as good as the V2
    I wouldn't call 5% difference a improvement, Seeing how that's done because they removed a lot of stuff like HD Rumble.

That falls within margin of error.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

It’s literally an improvement.

Once again its barely a improvement and Nintendo's own spec sheet shows it.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/tech-specs/

Original is 2.5-6.5hrs while the lite is 3hr-7hrs.

That's not a noticeable difference.

The shots of Xenoblade 1 they showed look closer to Xenoblade 2 then the original.

It's so pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit surprised they decided to port Xenoblade 1 before X, but still, going to be great getting an updated version of XC1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The shots of Xenoblade 1 they showed look closer to Xenoblade 2 then the original.

It's so pretty.
    Just me or did Witcher 3 look worse this time around than what they have showed before. Maybe cause it was streamed and on my tv but man did that look rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Catching up on the Direct.

DID THEY PUT YOSHI'S ISLAND, SUPER METROID AND ALTTP WITH THE NINTENDO ONLINE SUB!?!?!?!? UUHHHH YEEESS????

All these plebs talking about Sans and xenoblade and forgetting about THE REAL SHIT

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Bit surprised they decided to port Xenoblade 1 before X, but still, going to be great getting an updated version of XC1.
    X will probably happen but will take awhile, it's probably the hardest game to port/remaster from Wii U. Extensive use of gamepad, massive open world that literally dwarfs Witcher 3 many times over, and an online infrastructure needed for coop and all the other features there.

Meanwhile a lot of people who played Xenoblade 2 that probably didn't play 1 where likely confused at part of the ending, now they can actually understand it after they play 1. X isn't really connected to them so they can take their time on that port.

And, yet, still an improvement. As per this very post I am quoting. Thanks for admitting it has improved battery life. What you meant was more of an improvement.
    The "Improvement" is marginal at best.

You are just wanting to nitpick and argue over something pointless. The Switch Lite should have a MUCH better battery life then it does, This is just Nintendo cheaping out on it.

If you say so. Unless there’s a huge mass of unused space inside the system it’s them making it as efficient of a portable system as possible, compromising between size and power consumption. Gonna have to see a full tear down to actually make a statement like either.
    The V2 is the exact same setup as the V1 but with a much more efficient CPU/GPU, That is why its battery life is improved so much.

So that means the Lite ether.

A) Uses the older CPU/GPU model and this wouldn't surprise me any cause they may be trying to get rid of whatever backstock they had.

B) It has a smaller battery and that in itself is no excuse because you can have a smaller more efficient battery.

or its

C) Nintendo being cheap and this can go alongside option A or B.

They gut a lot to make the system, It having such a small "Improvement" is a joke.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-09-05 at 12:18 AM.

A smaller more efficient battery would increase the cost to the point you’d mock them for releasing it. Guess you made up your mind long before your bullshit post wondering which to buy. And it uses the same setup as the v2, just a smaller battery because it’s a smaller system overall.
    First off no I haven't made my mind up on it. Debating if the extra battery life is worth spending $100 more and honestly it likely isn't and ill get a Lite. Even more so since I have zero plans to hook it up to my tv.

Also you don't know what it uses because there hasn't be a tare down of the system yet. So to claim its the same setup as the V2 just smaller is just a claim with no proof.

We will know more in about 2 weeks but maybe you should get that stick removed and stop acting like someone kicked your puppy.

Actually plan to pre-order the blue one Friday, so that shows what you know.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-09-05 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also Links Awaking does have content that wasn't in the original, The dungeon creator is one of those things.
    I would hardly call that "content". Taking selected parts of other dungeons and just shuffling them around a bit. It's just some useless tacked on crap that is nowhere near as fleshed out as something like Super Mario Maker. You can't even share them online. And on top of that, you need to own the Amiibo in order to add extra effects to the rooms.
    Nice. Locking that feature behind a physical paywall. Real fucking classy, Nintendo. e_e

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All they need to do is port the Zelda's from Wii-U over to Switch and then there will be no reason to own the system.
    lol. Like there was ever a reason to own a Wii U.

(Incoming triggered Tech614 response in 3... 2... 1...)
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-09-05 at 12:32 AM.

We do know because they no longer make the old processor which makes it more expensive to use. Sorry for pointing out a demonstrably false statement. Clearly it riled you as you’re now resorting to personal attacks. Oh, and it’s a 20% increase in battery life. Not the 5% you falsely claimed.
    You do know what backstock means right? Also I didn't claim that was the reason, I said it could be a reason.

Also the 20% increase is due to removing a lot of shit like the HD rumble. Once again we will know more in two weeks so you can remove that stick from your ass and stop acting like I am kicking your puppy cause I said something negative about Nintendo.

They cheeped out on the system, Not surprising because there has been a lot with the Switch they cheeped out on.

Done having this back and forth with you, Nintendo should pay you more for the shilling your doing for them.

I don't think HD rumble uses any power on OG or New Switch. The Joy Cons run off their own batteries when in portable mode, not the Switch's battery.

I'm starting to get concerned about my Switch spending. I mean, this is getting out of hand.

If they’re connected they run off both. If they start completely drained it’s all battery.
    If you're charging the switch you're charging the joy cons more then likely, why would they ever be drained. They have an over 10 hour battery life.