Just kinda disappointed with that kickstarter use. Platinum isn't a 1 man indie dev. in a shed. It sets a really bad precedent now. It was just disingenuous play for interest, publicity and since it worked port begging will be done by kickstarter now. Oh you want "This" go fund it, we're a multi-million(billion in other cases) company, but we can't spare 50k to publish it. And worst from the looks of it is it's launching in April so... all the work was done already.

Still the funniest part is how people are defending this on reddit, etc., I understand wanting the game, but they played you all like a fiddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    Just kinda disappointed with that kickstarter use. Platinum isn't a 1 man indie dev. in a shed. It sets a really bad precedent now. It was just disingenuous play for interest, publicity and since it worked port begging will be done by kickstarter now. Oh you want "This" go fund it, we're a multi-million(billion in other cases) company, but we can't spare 50k to publish it. And worst from the looks of it is it's launching in April so... all the work was done already.

Still the funniest part is how people are defending this on reddit, etc., I understand wanting the game, but they played you all like a fiddle.
    For an established and well funded studio Kickstarter is just almost free marketing and additional preorder store.

As opposed to when they put it out on wii U the old fashioned way and it sold 5000 copies?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    As opposed to when they put it out on wii U the old fashioned way and it sold 5000 copies?
    The game is gonna release in April. The port is already well underway. They didn't need the kickstarter money to do it. It is just glorified preorder.

That's not really hiw you are supposed to use Kickstarter.

Ah yes the classic, lets put the failure on the consumers instead of us and the system maker.
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Ah yes the classic, lets put the failure on the consumers instead of us and the system maker.
    No i'm absolutely blaming it on the wii U. Kickstarters are 90% of the time an advertising campaign to generate interest to an actual investor. Theres no way those 5000 consumers are putting up nearly a million dollars just like any other kickstarter thats totally not an ad campaign.

15+ Year Old Account
    I funded it for a physical copy. That is all.

Wonderful 101 was a fun game on the Wii U but I never got smooth with the gimmick (had to draw a shape to set off super moves). If they fixed that alone with this port I may double dip, tho I’ve been trying to avoid that on the Switch.

No i'm absolutely blaming it on the wii U. Kickstarters are 90% of the time an advertising campaign to generate interest to an actual investor. Theres no way those 5000 consumers are putting up nearly a million dollars just like any other kickstarter thats totally not an ad campaign.
    Clearly some investors already put the money up for it(hi tencent guessing you since Nintendo certainly didn't do it) since it's basically done and releasing in 2 months. You think Platinum made it out of fake money they don't have yet or do you think they're gonna port it in 1 month?

Platinum just figured a kickstarter would be free marketing they don't have to pay for. They're using a damn crowdfunding service to advertise a release that comes out in 2 months lmao. It's mad exploiting the system.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-05 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Clearly some investors already put the money up for it(hi tencent guessing you since Nintendo certainly didn't do it) since it's basically done and releasing in 2 months. You think Platinum made it out of fake money they don't have yet or do you think they're gonna port it in 1 month?

Platinum just figured a kickstarter would be free marketing they don't have to pay for. They're using a damn crowdfunding service to advertise a release that comes out in 2 months lmao. It's mad exploiting the system.
    Well, at least it's not for something new or something.

The people funding it know what they're gonna be getting, because a remaster could never go wrong, right? What could possibly be screwed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, at least it's not for something new or something.

The people funding it know what they're gonna be getting, because a remaster could never go wrong, right? What could possibly be screwed up!
    I'll buy the finished product if they fix those shitty ass gamepad gimmick scenes where you have to use PIP if no gamepad. Those things control like ass and are the biggest reason I never re play the game lmao. If they just straight port that they can fuck off I'm not buying it again LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit not only is there no cloud saves in AC, not only can there only be 1 island per console you can't transfer your save to a new switch period. Your switch dies? SOL, you want to upgrade your switch to a new model? SOL.

Really considering whether or not I want to invest time into this game now. There is no "casual investment" into AC, losing an island would be devastating for most people. Nintendo so worried about people cheating in AC of all things that they are screwing you out of possibly 1000s of hours if you don't keep the same working Switch F O R E V E R.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rune factory is better get @ me

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh...looks like a ripoff:

Did they give this game to same people that made re-forged warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Rune Factory is one of the best games from DS era. I don't even know how many times I replayed 3rd one and the RF4 was amazing too, really waiting for the rerelease and how the sequel will do it justice... but slightly worried if I'm being honest.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They have their own niches and things that set them apart. Animal Crossing is more of a casual city simulator while Rune Factory focuses on farming and adventuring as it's core gameplay features. Both are good for their own reasons. I've played both franchises and like them for their differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They have their own niches and things that set them apart. Animal Crossing is more of a casual city simulator while Rune Factory focuses on farming and adventuring as it's core gameplay features. Both are good for their own reasons. I've played both franchises and like them for their differences.
    Biggest difference is RF always has a hard stop point where there isn't much point in playing anymore. Same can't be said for AC. I'd strangely be way more ok with losing a 200 hours RF save then a 1000 hour AC one lol.

I stopped paying attention to Switch news a few months ago, but has there been any more hints at the rumored 'Switch Pro'? I found the specs and features of the base Switch sort of underwhelming and am hoping for a machine with a little more power before I jump into Nintendo's latest offerings.

Dang, sad times. Guess I'll still be waiting.

I suppose it's not surprising. Even though they don't directly compete, it would probably not be the smartest marketing move to release a brand new Switch model while Sony and Microsoft are sucking up all the PR oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by dldallas View Post
    Dang, sad times. Guess I'll still be waiting.

I suppose it's not surprising. Even though they don't directly compete, it would probably not be the smartest marketing move to release a brand new Switch model while Sony and Microsoft are sucking up all the PR oxygen.
    It won't matter either way. Switch is gonna sell 16-18 mil this year regardless of new model or not, what Sony and MS does is largely irrelevant for Nintendo's market because the games people want a switch for can't be played on them. AC and BoTW2 are going to move systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'll buy the finished product if they fix those shitty ass gamepad gimmick scenes where you have to use PIP if no gamepad. Those things control like ass and are the biggest reason I never re play the game lmao. If they just straight port that they can fuck off I'm not buying it again LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit not only is there no cloud saves in AC, not only can there only be 1 island per console you can't transfer your save to a new switch period. Your switch dies? SOL, you want to upgrade your switch to a new model? SOL.
    no cloud saves at all or just not without the nintendo online pass thingy?