Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    You can't play sales, but if you could, you would need a Switch.

https://www.imore.com/may-2022-npd

edit: also, go, go elden ring.

- - - Updated - - -

It was all Rex honestly. While he did really grown on me, there is a certain cringe to standing his VA at the beginning that many will never get past(imo). Fix the Rex VA and they would go a long way to making XBC2 English VA not stand out as bad. As it stands, one of my fav games, have to turn on japanese va and miss all the battle call outs to play most of it, at least until Rex grows on one enough to stand him talking.

Another bad English VA job that almost ruins the character imo, is Kisara in Tales of Arise. Could have been one of the best characters, but I cringe upon dialogue. In both cases, imo, good characters that are hard to get into because of poor va choices.

I have another one for you. The WORST one by far compared to the japanese va. Shinya Oda in Persona 5(I assume both royal and vanilla). Tower confidant has a much, MUCH better japanese va, english VA sounds like an old lady doing a Bart Simpson impression. Terrible, almost ruinous. In a game with almost universally amazing VA and sound design, Shinya doesn't just stand out, he irks. I felt less interest in him as a confidant due to the VA.
    Rex is cringe AF in Japanese also, that isn't a english dub thing it's literally his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Rex is cringe AF in Japanese also, that isn't a english dub thing it's literally his character.
    It's not about his character being "cringe" but his english VO being very noticable not up to par. One is hard written, the other is due to poor voice acting/directing (directing in this case)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    It's not about his character being "cringe" but his english VO being very noticable not up to par. One is hard written, the other is due to poor voice acting/directing (directing in this case)
    No, his VA did exactly what he was told to do. He portrays the character almost 1:1 with the Japanese VA outside of some cultural differences with idioms and such. This is the biggest weeb conspiracy theory I have ever seen in this thread trying to copium Rex into being a non cringe character when he was literally written as such.

If there is a character that is portrayed way different in english its Morag. This also isn't a bad thing because her Japanese VA is trash compared to the english one but yea that character is the only one with entirely different tones and styles between the 2.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-14 at 07:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Possible fire emblem 18 screens

That bright red/blue looks so odd.
    That brightness feels more like something out of Digimon, Yugioh or Blazblue

Why is the Nahobino in Fire Emblem?!?! We're finally getting the real SMT x FE! /s

It'd be great if one of those two older men were the protagonists, but let's be honest we're just going to get JRPG prettyboy twink (or waifu) #2814. The blue/red hair looks hideous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fanmade to me.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Looks fanmade to me.
    If it was fanmade why on earth would they put chinese text on it? If someone wanted to fake it, it would most likely be in english or japanese. This looks like the same leak pokemon had from the chinese localization team.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-15 at 07:52 AM.

If it was fanmade why on earth would they put chinese text on it? If someone wanted to fake it, it would most likely be in english or japanese. This looks like the same leak pokemon had from the chinese localization team.
    Who knows for which board they initially made it, if it's fake. Maybe it's someone that wanted to troll chinese FE fans or something. But things like the character being called "WWWWWWWWW" seem more like things an actual dev does to check for clipping or overflowing text boxes

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is the Nahobino in Fire Emblem?!?! We're finally getting the real SMT x FE! /s

Can't wait for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.

Those character designs look...really bad. At least based off the images. And they all look really young too. If this game really has some sort of FEH mechanic of summoning other characters, that's going to be pretty disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Those character designs look...really bad. At least based off the images. And they all look really young too. If this game really has some sort of FEH mechanic of summoning other characters, that's going to be pretty disappointing.
    "They all look really young" The two characters we see the most of are a middle aged man and an old man...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    "They all look really young" The two characters we see the most of are a middle aged man and an old man...
    I'm talking about the girl headshots.

I figured that was just placeholder, it's the Switch colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I figured that was just placeholder, it's the Switch colors.
    Doubt its a placeholder when the sprite also has the same red and blue hair, not just the 3D model. I need to see it on a native screen to fully judge but definitely looks silly here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope there isnt another teaching gimmick cause it got really old in the second half when your units are already maxed on your builds. I also hope theres more to do if thry do another walk around area. Man, 3h really needed more content

On the hair color, who cares.

Not fair to dev to critique screens too much at this point. Old, low quality, leaked screens shouldn't really be compared to dev chosen marketing screenshots. That said, if you care about the hair, I'm not attempting to diminish that opinion either way.

Last line in this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/...m_source=share

Super hyped on a new FE, the last one was solid in ways I wouldn't expect.

Just as interesting and possibly even more interesting is a FE4 remake discussed in the above rumor. I would think they want to get 3 hopes out the door before talking about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I just hope there isnt another teaching gimmick cause it got really old in the second half when your units are already maxed on your builds. I also hope theres more to do if thry do another walk around area. Man, 3h really needed more content
    I'm not sure if this was patched in later or in the original game, but you could can currently automate that training. That said, my FOMO makes me go around to EVERY text bubble every visit back to the place, and resting was not meta, like ever, rarely even then was lecture. I think they needed to balance out rest/lecture where it was more advantageous vs exploration, that would significantly reduce the time I was chasing chat bubbles and the overall length of the game would be reduced as well, but they would just be taking out filler.

The worse part of 3H, imo, was my personal need to answer all the questions correctly, so basically I have to follow along on my guide chart when I explored, and that does take the fun out. Triangle Strategy, I'm told, is a breath of fresh air in this regard at least. More tactics, less "planning". That said, I still love 3H, but can find fault in it to a degree.

Also, if you try to clean up the battles and lowman 3 houses, it is viable(which is actually awesome), but the problem you mentioned is exacerbated because all the custom training one does is concentrated on even fewer units who will max quicker. That said, there are better games that have had worse problems(DOS2, for one), so it's kinda a nitpick for me, considering my overall enjoyment of the game.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-15 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Super hyped on a new FE, the last one was solid in ways I wouldn't expect.
    Yea but what if I told you FE has a history of following up solid releases with crappy ones?

You seem like a newer FE fan with this post, sorry if you aren't lol. Three Houses being a good game means nothing for this game, just like Awakening being good didn't stop fates from being garbage. Path of Radiance also good, followed up by Radiant Dawn which sucked.

So nah, I ain't giving them a pass and assuming the game will be good just because three houses was.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-15 at 07:46 PM.