Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    it's not even a bloody insider/reporter that's speculating.
    Nintendo removed/blocked a announcement trailer so that's the basis.
    Yeah, they privated the announcement video for the console version that is the default one now. But again, it WAS people speculating based on just that.
    Just because they have done something in the past, does not mean they'll do it again. This is Nintendo we're talking about. You can predict Nintendo as good as a drunken toddler.
    There have been TONS of rumors that were based on "in the past Nintendo did..." that ended being absolutely nothing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    New console could be backwards compatible so not sure why that would matter.
    Because mk8 is the best selling game on switch and theyre not going to cannibalize it or its dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because mk8 is the best selling game on switch and theyre not going to cannibalize it or its dlc
    But if it's backwards compatible why does that matter? People will just play it on the new console.

You believe they're reserving a new Switch just so they can sell MK8 for that console to everyone again? Surely Nintendo isn't that cynical, they have a long history of backwards compatibility.

15+ Year Old Account
    But if it's backwards compatible why does that matter? People will just play it on the new console.
    People will gravitate towards the new games. Like i want the switch 2 asap too but stop fooling yourselfs thinking its coming out any time soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    You believe they're reserving a new Switch just so they can sell MK8 for that console to everyone again? Surely Nintendo isn't that cynical, they have a long history of backwards compatibility.
    No i didnt say that at all

People will gravitate towards the new games. Like i want the switch 2 asap too but stop fooling yourselfs thinking its coming out any time soon

- - - Updated - - -

MK8 to begin with was just a holdover from the previous generation, you really think Nintendo won't just do the same thing with the new console?

15+ Year Old Account
    MK8 to begin with was just a holdover from the previous generation, you really think Nintendo won't just do the same thing with the new console?
    I expect mk9 at or near launch and theyll have wanted to finish up mk8 dlc at that point

How then does a new console 'cannibalise' MK8?

Holy fucking cope going on this thread. They privated some videos to put spotlight on the new splatoon switch which baited people hard into thinking a new model would be announced and ya'll are still coping acting new a successor is imminent.

Trying to pull a BC argument on Video Games, yea the Wii U was BC with the Wii remind me how many premier first party Nintendo games launched between Skyward Sword and the launch of the Wii U. You will know when a new system is coming cause they won't have jack shit but life support small titles for 9 months to a year and then release a new system with a great launch year just like they always do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    How then does a new console 'cannibalise' MK8?
    Do you think it makes sense to make a year and a half long road map for your best selling game only to half way through release new hardware where people will natrually gravitate towards the new software for it?

I never buy Nintendo rumors after the switch pro debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I never buy Nintendo rumors after the switch pro debacle.
    Switch Pro releasing every year since 2019 bro. At this point we should have 3 different switch pros!

15+ Year Old Account
    The pro went out the window with the oled. At best we have the oled lite between now and switch 2.

Do you think it makes sense to make a year and a half long road map for your best selling game only to half way through release new hardware where people will natrually gravitate towards the new software for it?
    They just release MK8 super deluxe which includes the DLC pass. Problem solved.

1 MK per system and it damn sure ain't gonna be MK8 again. I legit question if some of you even know how Nintendo works because you guys always make suggestions like this you would see other companies do but Nintendo never does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Keep coping

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1 MK per system and it damn sure ain't gonna be MK8 again. I legit question if some of you even know how Nintendo works because you guys always make suggestions like this you would see other companies do but Nintendo never does.
    Covid screwed everything up, whose to say what Nintendo will do at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They keep forgetting botw 2 which will have its own dlc through spring/summer 2024, splatoon 3 dlc whic will run through summer/fall 2023, xb3 expansion summer/fall next year. All of which theyll have want to gave finished before switch 2

They keep forgetting botw 2 which will have its own dlc through spring/summer 2024, splatoon 3 dlc whic will run through summer/fall 2023, xb3 expansion summer/fall next year. All of which theyll have want to gave finished before switch 2
    It seems rediculous to restrict a possible new console like that when Backwards compatibility or even just straight ports are an option.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems rediculous to restrict a possible new console like that when Backwards compatibility or even just straight ports are an option.
    Show me nintendo continuing to support a game after their next system has come out. And switch only got so many wii u ports because it was one of the worst selling consoles of all time