Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You don't know that, but you are probably right.
    No, we know that.

Don't be delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, we know that.

Don't be delusional.
    No, you don't. You know thats how they handled it in the past. Id even say theres a 99% chance you are right. You still can't prove it.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I want to know wtf you're smoking if you think the Switch is going to sell 4 mil units in 1 month in Japan, when Nintendo is only shipping 2 mil WW in said month.

Also I'm looking at the sales of the 3DS compared to the Vita and secretly laughing at you.

Most of those games have a better chance of staying Vita/PS4 until eventually moving to PS4 only then getting Switch ports. Games targeted at Otaku have never been release in mass on a Nintendo system ever.

Lastly you should check how many Vita's are actually sold in Japan because it's not 4 mil.
    I didn't state that it would sell 4M units in Japan, only that the Switch could sell 4 million units in a windowed period in total and that total sale of units would financially compel Japanese rpg/jrpg developers to begin the process of moving from the vita towards the switch.

Also, the fact that the Switch is no longer region locked like the 3ds we may have a good chance at receiving those Japanese games that normally would have stayed in the vita.

Vita is popular in japan because of its portability, you will see the same if not greater drive to eat up anything Switch once it launches for that same reason and it starts receiving those ports the vita normally would have gotten. The vita would be on the way out shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-02-18 at 08:47 PM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345365

The guy who got the Switch early by accident gave it back to Nintendo after they asked without a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, it turns out it may have been stolen by one of the people he got it from.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/c...h-9208832.html

German site Computer BILD did a 45 minute unboxing/teardown of the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

The guy who got the Switch early by accident gave it back to Nintendo after they asked without a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

He should get one on launch at the very least.

Like...why is he being punished for what other's did? He shouldn't be jipped out of a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Like...why is he being punished for what other's did? He shouldn't be jipped out of a console.
    Even the guy who got it didn't feel right with it after finding out it was stolen.

Even the guy who got it didn't feel right with it after finding out it was stolen.
    Yep, it's a strange story overall, but stranger has happened.

I mean, I guess I get that it's technically a loss for them, but at this point, they're not going to be able to really sell the stolen one at full price since it was used technically, so they might as well just give it back. I dunno.

Like others have said, I guess you cant really see whats in it that way. Idk how long it will take to get clock speeds etc after launch?

- - - Updated - - -

Video comparing launch years of WiiU and Switch. Switch imo has a weaker launch month, but light years better support for the coming year than the WiiU got. Not saying Switch launch is great, just saying its much better than WiiU. I think the fact that Switch can be a mobile system, means third party ports will sell better. Skyrim again may sound meh, but portable skyrim sounds cool etc.
    I agree regarding the switch's launch titles. I think they are hanging their hats on Zelda and from all the info I've seen, they are on firm ground to do that. There are a few other games, but nothing exciting.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

German site Computer BILD did a 45 minute unboxing/teardown of the Switch.
    Can't read German. Are they just regurgitating the July devkit, or is that the legit confirmed specs now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Chickat; 2017-02-18 at 09:43 PM.

Its not really a necro. Just posting something that doesn't belong. I dont mind though.
    Yeah, sorry about that, meant to post it in the KH3 thread. Thought i deleted it fast enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Computer BILD broke the NDA/embargo on Switch info with their teardown. They will reupload it later when the embargo comes down.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't read German. Are they just regurgitating the July devkit, or is that the legit confirmed specs now?
    Pretty much legit.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/s...79188684083200

Shovel Knight: Spector of Torment will be launching on the Switch first in March; April other platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, Spawnwave things they are bullshitting. They didn't even take it out of the cage. Apparently the article mentions it being both an X1 and X2. I dont think they know what their talking about.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Snake Pass comes to the Switch (and PS4, XBO, Steam, and Windows 10 as well) on March 29th.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo of America released a statement of the stolen Switches.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...u-details-leak

"Earlier this week, individuals claimed to prematurely purchase a small number of Nintendo Switch systems from an unspecified retailer. Nintendo has determined these units were stolen in an isolated incident by employees of a U.S. distributor, with one system being illegally resold. The individuals involved have been identified, terminated from their place of employment and are under investigation by local law enforcement authorities on criminal charges.

Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017, and we look forward to everyone being able to discover the wonders of the new system for themselves at that time."
    - - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/...43563416006662

At Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival, Square Enix mentioned a Switch (and XBO) port is still "under consideration."

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO on the go would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty cool that the Switch devkits are so cheap too. Under 500.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like Nintendo worked with devs early on and made changes to the switch hardware and software for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Resident evil 7 is 1080p 60fps on Xbox one. How tf did they get that to work. RE7 is a gorgeous game. 720p/900p 30fps is probably possible on Switch.

RE7 is not some graphical power house game. It was a game first designed for VR and made playable without it. It's running at 720p/90fps on PSVR FFS.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...uh....1-2-Switch, full price game. With the great new game mechanic of....jerking a cow.
    BAD WOLF

I completely disagree. Possession of stolen goods is still a crime. If someone stole your computer and sold it to someone else, would you just let that other person keep your stolen computer? He didn't pay the retailer from whom the Switch was stolen for the Switch, he paid a thief (even if indirectly). If Nintendo or the retailer were to give him a Switch after launch, what kind of message would that send? You can buy our goods stolen and break NDAs and embargoes we typically put on journalists with no repercussions. I consider myself pretty anti-corporate, but the guy is totally in the wrong on this one. I would be completely sympathetic if it actually WAS just an accidental early shipping, but it's not. It really doesn't help that not one bit of his story adds up. He claimed it was accidentally shipped to him early, but now he bought it from a friend (who totally also didn't know it was stolen) who bought it from someone else? The guy's VERY lucky he's not going to jail too. Oh, and let's not forget he was trying to resell the Switch on reddit before he got in trouble.

Yep, it's a strange story overall, but stranger has happened.

I mean, I guess I get that it's technically a loss for them, but at this point, they're not going to be able to really sell the stolen one at full price since it was used technically, so they might as well just give it back. I dunno.
    They could sell it refurbed (and maybe make a little bit of money back as opposed to NO money) or give it to an employee's kid.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

As someone also pointed out on Nvidia's reddit page:

-Date code is "1629" in addition to the A2 designation.
    This means 2016 Week 29 which is around July 2016.

-ODNX02-A2 is another code printed.

This seems to confirm that this IS a custom chip for Nintendo. Considering the Switch was codenamed Nintendo NX during its development.

O = OEM Products(???)
    D = Nintendo
    NX02 = Nintendo NX
    A2 = 2nd revision
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-02-19 at 04:37 PM.