Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The game was never designed for the switch in the first place, it's a port of the WiiU version and it's also the main reason why the WiiU version was delayed in the first place to make it a launch title.

The switch is literally a portable WiiU I don't understand why people say otherwise. (But it will also never be able to play WiiU games like Pikmin 3)
    It's clearly more powerful than the WiiU. But it's not where Ps4 and XBO are. The WiiU was stronger than the Wii, but weaker than PS3 and 360. The Switch is stronger than the PS3 but weaker than the PS4/XBO. Nintendo seems to keep taking "mid" generation steps.

Which is fine by me, if the games are fun graphics are secondary in my book. Some of the greatest games out there aren't really that graphically intense.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The WiiU was stronger than the Wii, but weaker than PS3 and 360.
    No it wasn't, The Wii-U was around 25% stronger then the PS3 and the PS3 was 30% stronger then the 360.

Just saying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it wasn't, The Wii-U was around 25% stronger then the PS3 and the PS3 was 30% stronger then the 360.

Just saying.
    Yeah, I suspect the lack of any third party titles whatsoever on the Wii U is the reason nobody notices that.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Yeah, I suspect the lack of any third party titles whatsoever on the Wii U is the reason nobody notices that.
    Ya and the ones that was there (Watch Dogs) ran like shit compared to last gen versions.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ya and the ones that was there (Watch Dogs) ran like shit compared to last gen versions.
    OK after doing sleuthing and tech specs you look to be right. The power difference is minimal with the WiiU barley edging out the PS3 in raw specs. It has ups and downs (slower CPU than PS3, stronger GPU, more RAM but SLOWER RAM as well).

But the thing was abysmal for devs to work for due to it's unique architecture. Thankfully Nintendo made the Switch more dev friendly with an architecture a lot closer to the rest of the current generation. So devs will be a lot more likely to port games over.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

OK after doing sleuthing and tech specs you look to be right. The power difference is minimal with the WiiU barley edging out the PS3 in raw specs. It has ups and downs (slower CPU than PS3, stronger GPU, more RAM but SLOWER RAM as well).

But the thing was abysmal for devs to work for due to it's unique architecture. Thankfully Nintendo made the Switch more dev friendly with an architecture a lot closer to the rest of the current generation. So devs will be a lot more likely to port games over.
    I think the Switch's new architecture has more to do with the fact that it's an Nvidia chip that's already on market. According to Wikipedia, the Switch uses Nvidia's NVN architecture. The PS3's CPU was actually a nightmare for some developers because of it's unique number of cores (seven), but games like Final Fantasy XIII showed that games could run much better on PS3 than 360 if developers got to know the architecture. Nobody was gonna bother with the Wii U's shitty architecture when it wasn't that much better than PS3/360, the PS4/XBone were only a year away, and the PS4/XBone have the same x86 coding architecture (making ports between the two relatively easy).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I think the Switch's new architecture has more to do with the fact that it's an Nvidia chip that's already on market. According to Wikipedia, the Switch uses Nvidia's NVN architecture. The PS3's CPU was actually a nightmare for some developers because of it's unique number of cores (seven), but games like Final Fantasy XIII showed that games could run much better on PS3 than 360 if developers got to know the architecture. Nobody was gonna bother with the Wii U's shitty architecture when it wasn't that much better than PS3/360, the PS4/XBone were only a year away, and the PS4/XBone have the same x86 coding architecture (making ports between the two relatively easy).
    That nVIDA architecture is what has me excited for the system. The games we have seen NOW may not look anything special compared to the current offerings on other consoles, but I have a feeling that given time the system will really shine and show what it can ACTUALLY do. BotW, for example, may have FPS issues but the game is also one of the first to be developed for the system AND started life as a WiiU game.

Down the road when developers, including Nintendo themselves, fully learn how to tap into the Switch's potential I have a feeling we will see some impressive things.

That nVIDA architecture is what has me excited for the system. The games we have seen NOW may not look anything special compared to the current offerings on other consoles, but I have a feeling that given time the system will really shine and show what it can ACTUALLY do. BotW, for example, may have FPS issues but the game is also one of the first to be developed for the system AND started life as a WiiU game.

Down the road when developers, including Nintendo themselves, fully learn how to tap into the Switch's potential I have a feeling we will see some impressive things.
    I don't know how different the NVN architecture is, but it is a simple fact - the overwhelming majority of games in my Steam library have an Nvidia splash logo when they start up. I think I have one modern game with an AMD logo, the rest either have Nvidia or no splash. Devs seem to love Nvidia on PC, so I hope that means great things for the Switch.

10+ Year Old Account

If we're going into the gritty details, since Wii U's spec is mostly based off people that hacked / cracked the thing. Then it has a way higher memory bandwidth than either the Xbone and PS4. The EDRAM in the Wii U is extremely high capacity and fast for what it is despite the basic glance over.
    Wikipedia is fail if it thinks NVN is an architecture. NVN is an API, which doesn't instill confidence since that means there's a layer of abstraction since it's just Vulkan.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wikipedia is fail if it thinks NVN is an architecture. NVN is an API, which doesn't instill confidence since that means there's a layer of abstraction since it's just Vulkan.
    Well, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fixed.

I literally posted a video of the frame rate dropping to 0 ZERO but people still keep acting like the performance issues don't exist on the Switch?

LUL?

So until you're DF and actually frame tested the game don't try to claim which one is the least shitty on performance. The frame drops in all likelihood are mostly cpu related with the physics engine and both the Switch and Wii U have potato CPUs.
    FYI, that video hasn't been working since I tried watching it earlier today at about...1PM EST.

EDIT- it's working now though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tonight's the night doods. Who's gonna stand in line and gamestop with all the fat, sweaty neckbeards that have fedoras, fingerless gloves and sandals on?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Tonight's the night doods. Who's gonna stand in line and gamestop with all the fat, sweaty neckbeards that have fedoras, fingerless gloves and sandals on?
    I would but can't offord to get one just yet, plus they are sold out.

Hope everyone who gets one enjoys it...

Gamestops near me only have 4 extra in stock it seems. Went at 7 to confirm my place in line, there was 4 people waiting there already (one was my friend lol).

Also, did I miss something? I swore that Nintendo showed amiibos scan on the JoyCons, yet the Gamestop associates claimed that you need an extra adapter.

I just want to make sure 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    My cousin is. I might have to help later on for bathroom or other such reasons later on.

I still don't plan on buying it until later or stuff that interests me.

I'm still recovering from the flu. I'll probably pick up my preorder tomorrow afternoon when I'm feeling even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Gamestops near me only have 4 extra in stock it seems. Went at 7 to confirm my place in line, there was 4 people waiting there already (one was my friend lol).

Also, did I miss something? I swore that Nintendo showed amiibos scan on the JoyCons, yet the Gamestop associates claimed that you need an extra adapter.

They lied to you. Right JoyCon has NFC scanning or whatever it's called.

Ummm the gamestop associate is a idiot then lol.

Nintendo did show it working a few times, You tab it to I think the right Joy-Con stick.

Ummm the gamestop associate is a idiot then lol.

Nintendo did show it working a few times, You tab it to I think the right Joy-Con stick.
    That's what I thought too. I wanted to correct them, but I couldn't be bothered.

That's what I thought too. I wanted to correct them, but I couldn't be bothered.
    Also if that was the case you know I would have already slammed Nintendo in this thread for it

They lied to you. Right JoyCon has NFC scanning or whatever it's called.
    Specifically the right one only?

Clearly the reason the left one has issues.

Also if that was the case you know I would have already slammed Nintendo in this thread for it
    Yep, can always count on you for that!

Oh, I forgot to chime in also.
    Friend Codes?
    In this day and age?

Ugh.