Keep in mind most "big" Switch 3rd parties aren't even out yet, the biggest one arguably is Bomberman

Soon we have Mario Rabbids, Skyrim, Fifa, WWE, Lego games, Sonic Forces/Mania, Battlechasers (not big but I am hyped) and a good few jgames like Nights of Azure.

So far we have had games like Cars 3, Bomberman, Lego City Undercover, and Disgaea 5.
    And Disgaea has done fairly well considering it's niche market (110k pre orders)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In the first month the Ps4 sold 4.3 million units.

In The Switch's first month it sold 2.1 million units.....

http://bgr.com/2014/01/07/playstation-4-sales-2013/

And you can't seem to speak Negative about Nintendo at all and keep making excuses for them.

Yes I am critical because I am not Nintendo's,Sony's,Microsoft's,Blizzards or any other company's best friend. I am a consumer and nothing more.

Also for the love of god stop deflecting to Sony/Microsoft already that shit is getting old.
    Cant seem to speak negativity? Are you even reading all of my posts, or just the parts you want?

Nintendo can be very stupid.
    They are too Japanese for their own good.
    The App is is a terrible idea, and systems from almost 20 years ago had better online.
    They should have more stock available, but they are selling as much stock as the Xbox One, so why are they the bad guy? Should they go into every console launch expecting to sell 10m units in 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How can you be so wrong?

The Switch sold 2.74m units in its first 4 weeks.

Sony sold 4.3m in 6 weeks.
    Ok I was off by 600k.......and? What is your point really? Are you going to keep deflecting to Sony/Microsoft every time someone has something negative to say about Nintendo?

Your acting like everyone here is kicking your puppy. If you don't like what is said here then why are you still here?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you cant compare the Switches software sales to that of consoles that launched during the Holidays. I understand that a system launching in March or November will still sell out 100% of the time. Software wont. Had the Switch launched in the holiday season, software would probably be nearly double. Possibly not due to the lack of third parties at this stage, but sales are very good considering what games are out. All the big third party stuff wont start dropping until August.

They should have more stock available, but they are selling as much stock as the Xbox One
    See its this shit right here people are getting tired of. STOP DEFLECTING TO SONY AND MICROSOFT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Go read the PS4 and XB1 megathread both systems got shit on due to there low stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Software wont. Had the Switch launched in the holiday season, software would probably be nearly double.
    Ya because BOTW that sold 110% to Switch sells would totally sell 220% if it was released in the holiday season.

You do realize that The Switch and MANY game releases shows that it really doesn't matter what time of year you release right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I was off by 600k.......and? What is your point really? Are you going to keep deflecting to Sony/Microsoft every time someone has something negative to say about Nintendo?

Your acting like everyone here is kicking your puppy. If you don't like what is said here then why are you still here?
    Because you say the Switch is selling pathetically, yet is matching the Xbox Ones launch months which was a pretty big success for Microsoft despite the hardware shortage. You can believe that its artificial or not, but selling as well as a competitor that sold superbly is not bad. You guys had to spin it as so because the switch is still hard to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    People getting defensive over a Nintendo console? What a shocking turn of events.

10+ Year Old Account
    See its this shit right here people are getting tired of. STOP DEFLECTING TO SONY AND MICROSOFT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Go read the PS4 and XB1 megathread both systems got shit on due to there low stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya because BOTW that sold 110% to Switch sells would totally sell 220% if it was released in the holiday season.

You do realize that The Switch and MANY game releases shows that it really doesn't matter what time of year you release right?
    But it does. People buy more games during the holidays. Its a proven fact. Games like Zelda would not have sold more, but games like 1 2 Switch, Snipperclips, shovel Knight etc most definitely would have seen a significant sales boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    People getting defensive over a Nintendo console? What a shocking turn of events.
    Ive never even been a huge Nintendo fan. I just like my Switch, and am annoyed that people are being hypocritical.

But it does. People buy more games during the holidays. Its a proven fact. Games like Zelda would not have sold more, but games like 1 2 Switch, Snipperclips, shovel Knight etc most definitely would have seen a significant sales boost.
    And recent events show that doesn't matter as much anymore.

Jan should have been a dead month (due to holiday sells) but BAM games hit and fucken sold like crazy Horizon Zero Dawn being one of those games.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive never even been a huge Nintendo fan. I just like my Switch, and am annoyed that people are being hypocritical.
    Fucken lol, really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya like I said your just making excuses for Nintendo at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

And the wii-u had supply issues.
    And the amiibo's had supply issues. (new ones still do)
    And the 3DS had supply issues.
    And the DS had supply issues.
    And the limited versions of the 3DS had supply issues.
    And some games for those systems had supply issues.
    And the NES Classic had supply issues.

So its ether A) Nintendo is really fucken stupid for a multi-billion dollar company or B) They limit stock on purpose.

Take ur pick, I chose B.
    I feel Nintendo operates more like a toy company than an entertainment company with the way they stock things, greatly preferring shortage over surplus (AKA: scarcity marketing). I think they're more than happy to deal with the cries of a public that wants more product, and so they go overly conservative with the manufacturing of product.

I understand that shortages can and do happen for a variety of circumstances, but it's consistent enough with Nintendo that I've just sorta come to terms with the idea that it's Nintendo being... well... Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so if every company has low stock, why complain at all. Surely its known before hand.

But with you admitting that. Do you believe Microsoft and Sony hold back units to create artificial demand? Or are they just incompetent too? Because it has to be one. All I want is for you to either say Nintendo doesn't create artificial scarcity, or say all companies do.

- - - Updated - - -

And recent events show that doesn't matter as much anymore.

Jan should have been a dead month (due to holiday sells) but BAM games hit and fucken sold like crazy Horizon Zero Dawn being one of those games.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucken lol, really.
    Just because games sell well all the time now, doesn't mean holiday sales dont matter. Parents buy a shit ton of games for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I feel Nintendo operates more like a toy company.
    Funny enough I think there is a official statement somewhere with Nintendo saying this.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so if every company has low stock, why complain at all. Surely its known before hand.

But with you admitting that. Do you believe Microsoft and Sony hold back units to create artificial demand? Or are they just incompetent too? Because it has to be one. All I want is for you to either say Nintendo doesn't create artificial scarcity, or say all companies do.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because games sell well all the time now, doesn't mean holiday sales dont matter. Parents buy a shit ton of games for Christmas.
    Top: Shit isn't that black and white. Sony/Microsoft doesn't have a history of pulling this shit and Nintendo does. I gave you a list of Nintendo products where they pulled this shit over and over. So ether Nintendo is making artificial demand or the company is ran by nothing but a bunch of fucken morons. Take your pick.

Bottom: Never said Holiday sells don't mean anything. I'm selling BOTW wouldn't have sold another 110% more like you claimed it would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough I think there is a official statement somewhere with Nintendo saying this.
    If you believe that, then you believe they were more cautious when launching the Switch right? Which means they produced less units because they would rather not sit on stock. Like ive been saying.

If you believe that, then you believe they were more cautious when launching the Switch right? Which means they produced less units because they would rather not sit on stock. Like ive been saying.
    Nope because the two isn't related, Once again you are trying to say X is Y and it isn't.

Done going back and forth with you on this. If u don't like what is said here then leave its that simple.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Top: Shit isn't that black and white. Sony/Microsoft doesn't have a history of pulling this shit and Nintendo does. I gave you a list of Nintendo products where they pulled this shit over and over. So ether Nintendo is making artificial demand or the company is ran by nothing but a bunch of fucken morons. Take your pick.

Bottom: Never said Holiday sells don't mean anything. I'm selling BOTW wouldn't have sold another 110% more like you claimed it would.
    I didn't claim it would. You just assumed thats what I meant. I even said maybe not double. Meaning you couldn't exactly sell more copies of BoTW but you could sell more copies of snipperclips/shovel Knight/ 1 2 Switch etc. Perhaps I could have been more clear, but I didn't say Zelda would have sold more.

- - - Updated - - -

Hypocritical? Lol.

I stated Nintendo are not the only ones guilty of stupid decisions.

You chose to bring other consoles into the matter and derail stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope because the two isn't related, Once again you are trying to say X is Y and it isn't.

Done going back and forth with you on this. If u don't like what is said here then leave its that simple.
    You cant have it both ways...

Either they are a toy company who is cautious with how much product they create, or they create tons of it and sit on it.

Them always having stock issues can also be explained by them being cautious like a toy company. You see them always having stock issues and assume its on purpose. Well them behaving like a toy company would also explain every stock issue they have without them being sketchy. Either one of us could be right. Fact is neither of us knows for sure, so stop acting like its a proven fact.

I didn't claim it would. You just assumed thats what I meant. I even said maybe not double. Meaning you couldn't exactly sell more copies of BoTW but you could sell more copies of snipperclips/shovel Knight/ 1 2 Switch etc. Perhaps I could have been more clear, but I didn't say Zelda would have sold more.
    And I quote....
    , software would probably be nearly double.
    Can't even remember the things you say now I guess, I am way too tired to keep this up at this point. So I tag @Eleccybubb in I'm done lol.

You cant have it both ways...

Either they are a toy company who is cautious with how much product they create, or they create tons of it and sit on it.

Them always having stock issues can also be explained by them being cautious like a toy company. You see them always having stock issues and assume its on purpose. Well them behaving like a toy company would also explain every stock issue they have without them being sketchy. Either one of us could be right. Fact is neither of us knows for sure, so stop acting like its a proven fact.
    And if they had made more Switches then they wouldn't have stock issues and sold more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hypocritical? Lol.

I stated Nintendo are not the only ones guilty of stupid decisions.

You chose to bring other consoles into the matter and derail stuff.
    I wasn't even talking about you. Im more throwing all of that at tech who claimed that the sales were pathetic.