What is this "ability to transfer saves to another Switch" bs?

Not cloud saves?

Still no excuse for not backing up saves on the cloud in 2017.

Also if the transfer is only system to system it doesn't solve the problems of broken switch, stolen switch, lost switch etc.

To make people realize how absurd this is I should remind everyone your online progression in Splatoon 2 is tied to your save. You ever lose your system by any of the above means and you're grinding, from level 1 again with or without this "fix". Even their premier online game is tied to something as archaic as system only saves.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-19 at 01:24 AM.

Yea unless it's cloud save system to system is completely pointless unless the new new Nintendo switch comes out this winter
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Just as a heads up, there's also a JoyCon update as well.

- - - Updated - - -

If you aren't sure where:

Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers

- - - Updated - - -

Going back to Nintendo being stingy with review codes after leaks, GameXplain got a Fire Emblem Warriors code, but IGN didn't.

https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/sta...07325647773696

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Just as a heads up, there's also a JoyCon update as well.

- - - Updated - - -

If you aren't sure where:

Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
    Are...these updates not automatic?

And from what I hear GameXplain got theirs from Nintendaan, who is European and Nintendo of Europe weren't as stingy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope. Only software updates are if you allow them.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea unless it's cloud save system to system is completely pointless unless the new new Nintendo switch comes out this winter
    Not completely pointless.

Before, if you let a friend use your Switch a bit to play a game (Like I let my girlfriend borrow it to play BotW), they'd have to play the whole game out on your Switch.

Now, you can at least transfer the data if they get a Switch of their own.
    Besides, don't other companies only offer Cloud storage if you pay for their online service?

They want to let you keep control.

*da dum tis*

And from what I hear GameXplain got theirs from Nintendaan, who is European and Nintendo of Europe weren't as stingy.
    IGN has multiple EU teams, did none of them receive them either?

Nope. Only software updates are if you allow them.
    Fair enough, does it at least prompt you proactively to make you aware that one is available?

IGN has multiple EU teams, did none of them receive them either?

Fair enough, does it at least prompt you proactively to make you aware that one is available?
    It is strange about IGN cause Gamespot and Kotaku have reviews as well from their UK offices.

And no, I only knew about the controller update from NeoGAF.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/statu...90844852269056

1) On that note, I recently had a discussion with the developer of one of the biggest online game developers in the world (mainly PC).
    2) They said they really want to bring their (online) hit game to the Switch but don't trust Nintendo re: online + will wait for 2018. /end
    I've mentioned Dr. Serkan Toto before on this forum, and I trust what he says.

He does seem to be talking about Blizzard and Overwatch.

the constant spamming of their attack names when they fight reminds me of the tales series

idk kinda soothing

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...00063833493504

It's been one year since the tweet announcing the announcement of what would become the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

OS 4.0 also allows for USB headphones wired and wireless both docked and undocked.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...irds-September

Nintendo PR: Switch has reached 2 million units sold in the US, best selling console in September, was two-thirds of all hardware sold in September.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/10/19/r...-future-update

Rumor: Nintendo wants to expand the 30 second limit of video capture, but only after more first-party games and third party games using Nintendo properties support the feature.

March: "Switch has no games!"

Now:

Gave up the ghost and preordered Odyssey, some sites are starting to sell out and didn't want to miss it. Also picked up the horror game Dont Knock Twice. Downloading it now, dont expect much but horror games are few and far between on nintendo games.

Makes me wonder what happened to the dementium guys who were pushing for a spiritual sequel after their studio died. I could see them making a fun switch game.

The dlc characters for warriors came out.

They are characters that are already inn the game as npcs... with their move sets and everything

So first pack is asura obboro and Niles

- - - Updated - - -

And owain Niles obboro navarre have clone move sets of others

What a fucking joke of a dlc

Man i'm glad i dont give a shit about fire emblem, even the ones that will buy any old shit with the brand on it are pissed about this after expecting a hyrule warriors tier game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    after expecting a hyrule warriors tier game.
    So they where expecting a pile of dog shit and got handed a pile of cat shit instead?

Buying anything from that team makes you a glutton for punishment. There is jank and then there is JANK. They are the latter.

Nintendo Switch Update Secretly Adds Wireless Headphone Support
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni...source=twitter

Nintendo released a big update for Nintendo Switch this week, introducing the ability to record short gameplay video clips. As it turns out, it looks as if the update actually adds more than Nintendo let on in its official patch notes.

Users on Reddit have discovered that Switch now supports headphones through USB when in docked mode--including wireless ones. GameSpot has verified the system now works with Sony's PlayStation Gold Wireless headset, which is intended for use with PS4 but also works on PC. By plugging the headset's USB dongle into the Switch dock, you can use it with Nintendo's system.

The process really is that simple--Switch automatically recognizes the headset and begins outputting sound to the headphones. You'll also see the usual volume notification pop-up that you would when using the standard headphone jack. Volume output can be controlled by holding down the Home button, which presents a slider for USB volume alongside the other standard options you see in that quick-menu screen.

It's unclear why Nintendo didn't advertise this feature; it provided patch notes that highlighted everything else in the update. Players can now record 30-second gameplay clips with the Capture button (in select games), transfer data to another Switch system, and select from new profile icons. We'll report back if it turns out that this update is hiding Virtual Console or some other new feature.
    Maybe they didn't advertise it because it was not intended to happen...who knows.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wait. 30 seconds of video? The hell use is 30 seconds of video? That's just barely a lap on some Mario Kart circuits.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-20 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wait. 30 seconds of video? The hell use is 30 seconds of video? That's just barely a lap on some Mario Kart circuits.
    Its pretty much just a twitter gif machine mechanic. Gotta be the millionth person to let the world know how dank it is when Luigi dabs in mario vs rabbids fam!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its pretty much just a twitter gif machine mechanic. Gotta be the millionth person to let the world know how dank it is when Luigi dabs in mario vs rabbids fam!
    Can also share all those moments where you derp yourself to death on BotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Can also share all those moments where you derp yourself to death on BotW.
    True, just a shame its arriving at a point when most people have had their fun with BotW months earlier and exhausted it :/