Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    i'm not sure which game to get for the switch next. I have the big ones, BOTW, splatoon 2, Mario Kart, Rabbids, Odyssey, pokken. i'm debating between Skyrim and xenoblade. I would have got Skyrim straight away but I was put of because the game has been re released so many times now and it is $60, however, I have never actually played skyrim.
    I would say Xenoblade. Skyrim is grossly overrated for reasons i will never understand. It is the most dumbed down elder scrolls game and it is legitimately lazy. For comparison killing the final boss in Morrowind gets rid of a plague, makes all the undead drop dead the world over and even changes the weather. You kill the final boss in skyrim and nothing changes because beyond pretty graphics the world is dead and empty and there is nothing to change beyond removing the dragons and if you do that its just a really crappy first person rpg-lite. It got really popular with the mainstream for reasons i cannot fathom but if its that vs anything else there is very rarely an example where Skyrim isnt the inferior option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    i'm not sure which game to get for the switch next. I have the big ones, BOTW, splatoon 2, Mario Kart, Rabbids, Odyssey, pokken. i'm debating between Skyrim and xenoblade. I would have got Skyrim straight away but I was put of because the game has been re released so many times now and it is $60, however, I have never actually played skyrim.
    xenoblade for sure. Skyrim is over priced it's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

taking a break from the story to catch up on quests. Got boreas max affinity except his last trust one now working on ursula.... who is a pain in the fucking ass.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Ran into Vess in Gormott and man people complained about bunnygirls design.

My out loud reaction was 'WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE!' she looks like something from Vision of Escaflowne.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

My out loud reaction was 'WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE!' she looks like something from Vision of Escaflowne.
    Yup I had the same reaction. Wait till you see her artwork on the blades section. It's horrible

The only good thing about Vess is she's a guaranteed decent healer blade you can put on Nia in somewhat early game. Her side quest is extremely telegraphed and obvious to what is going to happen, and her design is horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really weird they got relatively well known illustrators like Saitom and Paseri(Parsley) but then there's Asamiya Kia, very old school guy that everyone forgot.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-12-16 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

She also has a pretty bad Japanese VA.

I was lucky with nia and got both boreas and ursula early which are the best healers for her apparently

I also got kos mos for rex who I guess is a great dps but I haven't used her. I'm addicted to the agate roc pyra combo

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was lucky with nia and got both boreas and ursula early which are the best healers for her apparently

I also got kos mos for rex who I guess is a great dps but I haven't used her. I'm addicted to the agate roc pyra combo
    Apparently Kos-Mos breaks the game, from what I read without trying to spoil things.

I'm only missing 5 rare blades.

Of course 2 of them are Kos_mos and Zenobia who are both incredibly strong. The other 3 are worthless scrubs I don't care about.

Current setup using Pyra/Ursula/chapter 7 story blade on Rex, Brighid/Theory/Kassandra on 4th party member and Main Blade/Gorg/Praxis on the 5th party member.

Spoilery names hidden, but anyone at those points or past will know who I'm talking about. Really want Kos-Mos or Zenobia to replace Gorg who is just the only other rare atk blade 5th has atm. Rex is a capable healer once you reach the end of chapter 7, at least if you have ursula who is a 35% heal right on switching to her and can then spawn 2 potions instantly before switching to something else. The chapter 7 blade is the only one I found for rex that has a direct healing spell and it's basically a full group heal. He can still do decent damage with Pyra as well, no need for a full healer at this point.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-17 at 09:18 AM.

Yaaaaassss even though I love nia I can't wait for his healer blade. I just hit chapter 7

Also started using kos mos and I don't think I have a feel for her yet but she's literally fucking broken. Aoe knock back and tons of damage

- - - Updated - - -

Aaannnnddd I need ancient wisdom 3 for chapter 7 dungeon

Fuck

So... has the Switch thread devolved into the Xenoblade thread? =/

Anyone got the best salvager spot in tantal? Does it really matter? I just need some money for the 500k core and saw the tantal treasure list gives nice chunks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Every thread should be a xeno thread.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got the best salvager spot in tantal? Does it really matter? I just need some money for the 500k core and saw the tantal treasure list gives nice chunks
    Doesn't really matter, if you haven't got Premium cylinders in shops, one way to get em is to long sleep -> check vendor -> long sleep -> repeat until they finally show up. No idea what chapter one needs to be on for them to come up though. Had to do it that way for one of the salvaging side quests that requires premium myself.

Once you buy the 500k core, be ready to pay up 1mil more to open the affinity locks on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Took me 160 hours but I finally completed the main quest, damn that stuff was good stuffs.

Missing 5 rare blades, maxed out 10 of em or so and multiple common ones.

Gonna buy the DLC just because the game is worth throwing the money at it even if the dlc would be shit.

I haven't been doing much side stuff. How many chapters are there 9?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been doing much side stuff. How many chapters are there 9?
    10 is the last one, of sidequests -> Should do all of Indol that you want to before world tree, it'll become unaccessible during it
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-12-17 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Should it be the zelda or pokemon thread instead?

Not many games on the switch worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Not any news worth talking about anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

If you have never owned a lot of Indies, Switch is a fantastic machine. Even if not there are like 6+ first part titles worth owning or more already 9 months in.

- - - Updated - - -

I really want an animal crossing game. Im hoping the assets from the WiiU game are being used to make a quick one for switch so it comes out in 2018. Would be a respectable holiday title if Pokemon cant make it.