Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I don't think I've ever gotten in an argument with someone who agrees with me before. So I'm just going to peace out. This was fun.
    Did you or did you not say
    Nintendo even when they were making pure consoles was making weak consoles
    Answer with a simple yes or no.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Does it not play as a handheld?
    It does but it's too big and it's hard to see things on the screen, like the map in fe warriors, because they have to take dock mode into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It does but it's too big and it's hard to see things on the screen, like the map in fe warriors, because they have to take dock mode into account.
    If you praise the 3DS and yet say its hard to see anything on The Switch's screen I find it hard to believe anything you say.

FE Warriors was a haflassed game so any issues it has is due to its development team being....halfassed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you or did you not say

Answer with a simple yes or no.
    Yes, I was referring to their most recent and relevant console efforts, the Wii and Wii U. I understood why you might have misunderstood what I meant, so I clarified. Respectfully, with no snark. It was after you refused to accept my clarification that the pettiness began and in turn my snarkiness.

Yes, I was referring to their most recent and relevant console efforts, the Wii and Wii U. I understood why you might have misunderstood what I meant, so I clarified. Respectfully, with no snark. It was after you refused to accept my clarification that the pettiness began and in turn my snarkiness.
    Fine we will chalk that part up as a miss-understanding.

But like I said clearly Nintendo does give a shit about power now. If they didn't they would have just made a Wii-U portable and called it a day while ignoring 3rd party dev's again.

For the most part Nintendo made the right choices with The Switch. (Besides storage because Nintendo had to pull a Nintendo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine we will chalk that part up as a miss-understanding.

But like I said clearly Nintendo does give a shit about power now. If they didn't they would have just made a Wii-U portable and called it a day while ignoring 3rd party dev's again.

For the most part Nintendo made the right choices with The Switch. (Besides storage because Nintendo had to pull a Nintendo)
    I think every developer's goal is to make their console as powerful as possible. Ultimately it comes down to their other goals as well though. Mainly price, as the PS3 taught everyone that 400 dollars is basically the cutoff of what people are willing to pay for a base level console, and in Nintendo's case, portability.

I also don't think Nintendo has ever purposely ignored 3rd parties. It's moreso that they are unwilling to compromise their vision for 3rd parties. At least recently with the Wii and Wii U. It's just the "gimmick" this time with the Switch is something that gamers and developers can really latch onto and see the benefit in. Unlike the Wii and Wii U.

I think fundamentally Nintendo makes consoles for themselves and what they would like to develop with the most. Then they consider what other developers would want secondarily. It's an interesting approach but results in their consoles being hit or miss as Nintendo also tends to develop games that not a lot of other developers are working on anymore like 3D Platformers and Action Adventure games.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit Furi is coming to the Switch on Jan 11th. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...anuary-11.aspx

Honestly if you haven't played this game, definitely pick it up. It's so fucking good.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you praise the 3DS and yet say its hard to see anything on The Switch's screen I find it hard to believe anything you say.

FE Warriors was a haflassed game so any issues it has is due to its development team being....halfassed.
    It's really not hard to see anything on the 3ds because games were tailored to it's resolution that didn't change.

Oh shit Furi is coming to the Switch on Jan 11th. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...anuary-11.aspx

Honestly if you haven't played this game, definitely pick it up. It's so fucking good.
    Highly agree Furi is great.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    pftt, Switch screen is too small for a handheld of 720p if you ask me. seeing as how they went from n3.53" / xl4.88" 400x240 -> 6.2" 1280x720.

Then games are made for docked on a bigger screen and while at it make it work for undocked also, lot of the stuff is hard to see, at least for me.

fe. Manage Blades screen in XC2 was something I didn't want to deal with undocked because everything was way too small.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    pftt, Switch screen is too small for a handheld of 720p if you ask me. seeing as how they went from n3.53" / xl4.88" 400x240 -> 6.2" 1280x720.

Then games are made for docked on a bigger screen and while at it make it work for undocked also, lot of the stuff is hard to see, at least for me.

fe. Manage Blades screen in XC2 was something I didn't want to deal with undocked because everything was way too small.
    What...

The UI in Xenoblade is MASSIVE because of the portable nature of the system. Go play XCX on the Wii U gamepad and come talk to me about small UI on a portable screen.

I have literally not seen a Switch game with a UI too small for portable, in fact most are annoyingly big docked just because they need to be so for portable. I would seriously schedule an appointment with the eye doc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo get yours eyes checked people. I think all the gaming might have damaged your eyesight. Never had an issue seeing anything on any handheld, let alone the Switch. Docked or undocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What...

The UI in Xenoblade is MASSIVE because of the portable nature of the system. Go play XCX on the Wii U gamepad and come talk to me about small UI on a portable screen.

I have literally not seen a Switch game with a UI too small for portable, in fact most are annoyingly big docked just because they need to be so for portable. I would seriously schedule an appointment with the eye doc.
    The main reason why I dropped xcx. Even on the tv the text was so fucking small
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whups, actually was thinking of the picture size of the Engage Blade page. the pictures are small and the very little amount of time that I was there undocked didn't help me get used to it. The text font size is not a problem and it's easy to read. also should have said "some of the stuff" instead of "lot ..". I'm blaming the "Haven't had my morning coffee yet" syndrome.

I haven't had a handheld console outside of "Game Boy Advance SP", and even that only for a couple months, for the link to gamecube and getting a map on the screen for some game. So the getting used to smaller screen for gaming is what takes time, I'm sure it would be fine if I spent more time playing undocked.

This thread is going places... It's like an endless loop of

X SOLD BETTER THAN Y, BUT Z PERFORMED BETTER THAN X WHILE Z HAS G AS PHYSICAL MEDIA

and

SWITCH IS UNDERPOWERED, PORTS ARE WORTHLESS.

I'm starting to believe that "gamers" are a bunch of spoiled fucking brats that only deserves to play games they hate.

In other news, played MK8D on a 104" projector yesterday it wasn't nearly as awesome as playing Zelda Breath of the Wild on the same setup, holy shit was a experience that was.

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/949293298920824832

Nintendo Norway lists Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 as 2018 games.

- - - Updated - - -

More than likely a wrong wording.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...09952459530241

Splatoon 2 themed Neon Green and Neon Pink JouCons now being sold seperately in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    This thread is going places... It's like an endless loop of

X SOLD BETTER THAN Y, BUT Z PERFORMED BETTER THAN X WHILE Z HAS G AS PHYSICAL MEDIA

and

SWITCH IS UNDERPOWERED, PORTS ARE WORTHLESS.

I'm starting to believe that "gamers" are a bunch of spoiled fucking brats that only deserves to play games they hate.

In other news, played MK8D on a 104" projector yesterday it wasn't nearly as awesome as playing Zelda Breath of the Wild on the same setup, holy shit was a experience that was.

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk
    Well 1) we have to care about sales or the system won't get games rip wiiu, and 2) xenoblade 2 would be a lot nicer at 1080 stable 30 and that's a fact

I'm still waiting for the switch to go down in price before I buy it, even if that means waiting years. The game library isnt that big anyway gives it time to fill out.

I'd rather have a full strength docked console than a half strength docked console that can also be a handheld. I find I never use handhelds even when in theory they sound great. Maybe if using it in the car/bus didnt cause nausea then I would have gotten it already. But as it stands my Zelda/xeno gaming will have to wait.

Nintendo never drops prices if they don't have to. The Wii was $250 MSRP for 5 years ffs.

As long as the Switch sells at the same pace it currently is it's not dropping from $300. The Wii U had an initial drop from $350 to $300 to try and boost failing sales but after that if you could find a new Wii U it was still $300 on the day the Switch came out.

Waiting on a price drop on the switch is more in the territory of you will never own one while it's relevant. The best you can really hope for is bundled games without price increases.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-01-05 at 09:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's worth anything, I feel like $300 is a pretty fair price for what you're getting, even as someone that plays docked most of the time. Honestly, I planned on playing it exclusively in docked mode, but there have been times where being able to go handheld has been a sweet perk for me that I never gave credit to how useful it could be. I haven't regretted a single penny I dropped on the system.

The only way I can see a price drop of any kind for a few years is Nintendo deciding to sell a Switch without the dock and HDMI cable.

A Switch, the power brick, and a left and right JoyCon: $200.

But if you are looking for cheaper Switches, your best bet is used.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/statu...75632257388544

Global Splatfest: Action vs Comedy: starts January 12th at 8 pm PST.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

Famitsu: Switch's sales have surpassed the Wii U's sales in Japan as of Week 52 2017.

Wii U sold 69 units that week bringing it's total to 3,301,555.

Switch sold 115,225 units bringing it to 3,407,158.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo PR KNOWS

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...00851126325254

What is the secret you're seeking? I know it, I know it, ha HA! I can't tell you! ♪ It's hiding somewhere and no peeking! ♪ Go find it, go find it, scra-CAW!