"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Switch has better support no doubt, and better games in the same time period but those numbers don't point out probably 60% of the games on the eshop are trash. If Nintendo keeps that shit up they will be steam 2.0 in no time.

I could care less about number of games, the Switch is doing better because it has better games in it's launch window and marketed it properly. Not all the indy shit on the eshop half of which is garbage. That's not to discount actual good indy games like SDV, GS or Celeste and what not just to point out how many shit ones there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Switch has better support no doubt, and better games in the same time period but those numbers don't point out probably 60% of the games on the eshop are trash. If Nintendo keeps that shit up they will be steam 2.0 in no time.

I could care less about number of games, the Switch is doing better because it has better games in it's launch window and marketed it properly. Not all the indy shit on the eshop half of which is garbage. That's not to discount actual good indy games like SDV, GS or Celeste and what not just to point out how many shit ones there are.
    to be fair, the same could be said of the wii and all its shit shovelware.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition was given a March 22nd release in Japan (a week after Kirby).

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    to be fair, the same could be said of the wii and all its shit shovelware.
    Yea the Wii had a shit load of shovelware, but it didn't come til later after people realized how hot the system was. Indy devs with digital dist and engines like Unity can easily get their games up on Switch pretty quick in comparison.

The Wii and DS where when the "Nintendo Seal" stopped meaning anything LOL. We just see it in full force now on the eshop, where as it was boxed games of shit in the Wii and DS era.

Deleted
    The eShop on the Switch really needs curation. Way too many Indies and other Shovelware, no way of filtering them out. The flooding is ridiculous, Indies should be separated from other games. It is just a mess right now.

They finally announced a use for My Nintendo Gold coins on the Switch.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...16031872700418

Starting in early March, My Nintendo Gold coins can be used for discounts on select Switch games and DLC.

I ended up picking up the Darkest Dungeon bundle on switch. I already own it on PS4 but for on the go the PSVita cross play is just too small a screen for the walls of numbers from mid game onwards. Runs fine which was nice after stuff like Stardew had awful loading times.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Starting in early March, My Nintendo Gold coins can be used for discounts on select Switch games and DLC.
    hopefully starting BEFORE coins expire
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    hopefully starting BEFORE coins expire
    Coins expire on March 31st from what I understand, so if this goes into effect in early March, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Starting in March? LOL They have until March 3rd before the first Switch buyers have their coins earned from Switch games expire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gimmie Prime 4 already

HNNNNGGGGGNNNN

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting in March? LOL They have until March 3rd before the first Switch buyers have their coins earned from Switch games expire.
    Thought they expired the 31st?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thought they expired the 31st?
    Maybe, they state when redeeming them they expire a year after not sure if that year rolls over to the end of said month or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, they state when redeeming them they expire a year after not sure if that year rolls over to the end of said month or not.
    Idk. {probably doing have enough to do anything anyways. Though I got Switch in late April/early May I think.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/ad...ex.html#180209

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch 1.3 will be out next week (date not said)

Quality of Life changes:

• You can lock Blades to prevent you from releasing them accidentally.
    • You can skip the gacha animation.
    • Updated the zoomed out minimap to add some of the icons previously only available on the fast travel map.
    • Easy Mode
    • Accessories, Assist Cores, and Blade menus have more list sorts.
    • New Game Plus.

New Game Plus features:

• The four Blades only available to members of Torna are available to be acquired.
    • Torna members other than Jin and Malos are avalible as Blades as well.
    • It seems these Blade can be aquired from gacha, but there may be quests as well. From what I've heard fro translation, you can get the Blades as soon as New Game Plus starts and have them even if it doesn't make sense story wise.
    • You can send story Blades on mercenary missions.
    • Reverse Affinity Ring for characters added with more stuff to unlock.
    • Level down feature at inns to gain back Bonus exp. Bonus Exp used as currency for new items at inns.
    • "That" Blade can now use a level 4 special attack.

What carries over in New Game Plus:

• Driver Levels
    • Driver and Blade growth progression.
    • Blades acquired from gacha.
    • Acquired items and gold.
    • Town development levels and Mercenary Levels.
    • Event Theater content and status of Unique Monsters.

And confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...etroid-prime-4
    Yes, Bandai Namco is working on Metroid Prime 4
    Internet rumours this week pegged Bandai Namco as being the mystery studio behind Metroid Prime 4 - something multiple sources have now confirmed to Eurogamer as being accurate.

Specifically, the highly-anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusive is being developed by Bandai Namco Studios Singapore, which we understand is lead studio on the game in collaboration with Nintendo.

This studio houses some former LucasArts Singapore staff who previously worked on, among other things, the ambitious cancelled Star Wars 1313.

Metroid Prime 4 was briefly announced via a logo shown during Nintendo's E3 2017 broadcast. During a media pre-briefing, journalists asked Nintendo exactly who was behind the game. Nintendo declined to reply, except to say that Retro Studios, which created the original Metroid Prime Trilogy, was not behind the project.

Since then, speculation has been rife over who was working on Metroid Prime 4, but nothing more has been announced about the game since.

It is still relatively early in the game's development - there's no suggestion Prime 4 will launch this year (which, perhaps, might just leave room for a port of the Metroid Prime Trilogy compilation to get Switch owners up to speed on the story so far).
    This week, fans began joining the dots after various teasing job descriptions were spotted on LinkedIn. Rumours began appearing on forums like Resetera and were then widely reported elsewhere.

In particular, Press-Start noted how Bandai Namco Studios Singapore staff members had not tried very hard to conceal they were working on something exciting.

Looking through their profiles, I saw staff saying they are working on a "secret" game, an "ambitious AAA title", a "very interesting unannounced project" and a game which will see "more exciting details" announced "soon (or later)!"

One staff member in particular, a lead designer, described themselves as working on an "unannounced IP (first person shooter/adventure exclusive to the Nintendo Switch)". This staff member also listed themselves as overseeing work on an exclusive Ridge Racer 8 for Switch, too - something Eurogamer has yet to also verify.

Namco is, of course, no stranger to working with Nintendo on the latter's biggest franchises. It developed Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, as well as Pokémon spin-off Pokkén Tournament for Wii U and Switch.

When contacted, a Nintendo spokesperson told Eurogamer it did not comment on rumour or speculation.

I spoke with Metroid Prime series producer Kensuke Tanabe back in 2015 about his ideas for a fourth Metroid Prime game - including which story arcs and characters from the original trilogy might crop again, and which he now considered concluded.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I just got mine... pretty excited... picked up

Mario odyssey
    Zelda
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Having a blast

PSA for anyone who forgot like I did.

Dragon Quest Builders is out today in the US (not sure about other regions). Just went and grabbed me a copy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nintendo saying that their online service is "worth the wait"

It's only worth the wait if you fucking remove the terrible voice chat app nintendo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.