Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You didn't play the Switch version if this was the case. Because even at release it sat at 30FPS the majority of the time and only had dips before then returned.

There is a difference in frame drops and it not hitting 30fps.
    Not sure what you're playing but for me, docked, the FPS in some areas consistently drag around 20FPS region. Undocked this isn't issue however.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I too am in the BotW is a 7/10 game camp. The game having frequent FPS drops is just wrong.
    It feels a lot like a proof of concept. If it had towns and villages full of quests? amazing. Nothing much but fucking around in the middle of a field? a fun novelty.

It reminds me of horizon. When it goes it goes but theres a lot of 'you make your own fun' white noise in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It feels a lot like a proof of concept. If it had towns and villages full of quests? amazing. Nothing much but fucking around in the middle of a field? a fun novelty.

It reminds me of horizon. When it goes it goes but theres a lot of 'you make your own fun' white noise in between.
    Agreed. There were definitely moments in the game where I went, "Wow this is special." but there were just as many moments where I was like, "WTF were they thinking?"

I'm quite excited for the next LoZ game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Not sure what you're playing but for me, docked, the FPS in some areas consistently drag around 20FPS region. Undocked this isn't issue however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I too am in the BotW is a 7/10 game camp. The game having frequent FPS drops is just wrong.
    Careful, someone might come along and hysterically shout "factually wrong" for noticing those fps drops as I did.

The issue I had was a lot of what could be done in BotW was pointless.

There's a whole suit to prevent lightning damage, yet there's almost no reason to get it.
    There's a whole suit to help with climbing, but by the time you find it all normally, you're basically done with the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Played docked and undocked, only time docked had drops was near the Great Deku Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The issue I had was a lot of what could be done in BotW was pointless.

There's a whole suit to prevent lightning damage, yet there's almost no reason to get it.
    There's a whole suit to help with climbing, but by the time you find it all normally, you're basically done with the game anyway.

Played docked and undocked, only time docked had drops was near the Great Deku Tree.
    Yoko Taro did a good talk actually about good vs bad open world. A good one starts you limited and opens up in a way that changes the context of the game. A bad one starts you limited just give you items to chase.

Yoko Taro did a good talk actually about good vs bad open world. A good one starts you limited and opens up in a way that changes the context of the game. A bad one starts you limited just give you items to chase.
    I love Yoko Taro but he shouldn't be giving talks on open worlds period when at best his games are open areas connected by narrow corridors. That is a good thing mind you, because every game doesn't need to be open world. He's just not a dude I would be listening to on the subject when he doesn't make open world games to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Careful, someone might come along and hysterically shout "factually wrong" for noticing those fps drops as I did.
    After the patches the 2 only fps drops I can remember is at the start with some issues with the grass (which only happened once) and then the lost woods with the koraks is always laggy but you shouldn't be there for more than a minute.

Other than that the game runs smoothly so I don't know how you can just judge a game because of a small fps drop. Personally though I think it's the best zelda game to date but I also hated all other zelda games so that's not saying much.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    turning camera while death animations and stuff is going on can also result in a laggy experience, at least I had one of those today while playing for about an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, mostly I dunno why one would need more fps in zelda. It's not a super twitchy game.

So I ordered a Switch for my mother with Mario + Zelda in a bundle deal with GAME, and also got Wonderboy from Amazon. Strangely Amazon lists Wonderboy as "Pre-Order" and says the game isn't released until the 20th April 2018. Wiki tells me that the game has been out for a year so what's with Amazon listing it as a pre-release item?

Either way that's the best part of £400 out of my pocket, it's really not cheap for a low spec handheld. The prices on games does make me a little sick these days with £44-£50 replacing the old norms of £22-30 even on the PC. I felt a little thankful that Wonderboy was only £28 until my brain realised it was a only reskin/re-release of a 30 year old game, then I felt a little sick again. Ahh well.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-04-11 at 06:14 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Wonderboy Preorder

It's been out a year in the E-shop, I'm guessing that's a preorder for a physical release.

The physical version isn't out in EU yet, the game did indeed come out last April digitally. The NA physical release was back in November and the EU one is what your preorder says I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    It's been out a year in the E-shop, I'm guessing that's a preorder for a physical release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The physical version isn't out in EU yet, the game did indeed come out last April digitally. The NA physical release was back in November and the EU one is what your preorder says I think.
    Alright, makes sense. Cheers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well, I finally got around playing with the Switch and I have to say that I'm deeply disappointed in Nintendo. I played Zelda and I can't imagine anyone not being bothered by the horrible fps and extremely frequent frame drops. The device itself seems well made, but the controllers are flimsy and quite frankly, seem to have been made for dwarves.

I was on the fence before but now I know I made the right decision. If they'll release a Switch pro I'll consider buying it.
    Mind if I ask how long you played?

I only ask because I've played BotW extensively on both handheld and docked modes and didn't notice frequent frame drops. Also did you use the pro controller? I suggest it as a "must buy" item.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2018-04-11 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioning Zelda seems like opening Pandoras box for better or worse

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    Mentioning Zelda seems like opening Pandoras box for better or worse
    Like with anything you get Fanboys,Haters and the people in between. Its no different then talking about any other game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Mind if I ask how long you played?

I only ask because I've played BotW extensively on both handheld and docked modes and didn't notice frequent frame drops. Also did you use the pro controller? I suggest it as a "must buy" item.
    About two hours on and off; my brothers and I were taking turns playing co-op SNES games and the third person got to play on my nephew's Switch.

I figured the "pro" controller was a must when I connected the two joycons to the makeshift controller thingy. The Switch should come with that controller to be honest; I'm sure I wouldn't have hated it as much if it did.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-04-11 at 09:19 PM.

You do realise you quoted a person who said, "The game having frequent FPS drops is just wrong"...Right?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

About two hours on and off
    So you played very little of the game and likely only saw one area....But yet seem to think it had fps drops all the time and can't hit 30FPS...

If I put you in Lost Woods for 2 hours you would think its performance was shit because you never left Lost Woods.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

About two hours on and off; my brothers and I were taking turns playing co-op SNES games and the third person got to play on my nephew's Switch.

I figured the "pro" controller was a must when I connected the two joycons to the makeshift controller thingy. The Switch should come with that controller to be honest; I'm sure I wouldn't have hated it as much if it did.
    Yea they should have just included the non portable controller with it instead of the portable one

And honestly the joy con grip is ass and no one has any reason to use it nor should they. The joy cons are a lot more comfortable split, or attached to the system itself in portable mode then they are crammed together in that shitty ass grip.