Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well yeah

but 3DS is still much bigger than single JoyCon.

Haven't played much anything on a single JoyCon, but just holding it feels cramped.
    I do believe there is a grip you can buy to put the joy-con in to make it bigger.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well yeah

but 3DS is still much bigger than single JoyCon.

Haven't played much anything on a single JoyCon, but just holding it feels cramped.
    they joycon also has a thumbstick, not only was smash with the 3ds pad thing horrible but it infamously lead to a lot of them outright snapping because they weren't made for it.

Wonder how terribly Smash is to play with a single JoyCon?

Taking out Switch on the go for some 1v1 tabletop sounds fun on paper, but I fear the controller kills that idea
    I can't imagine it's much different from using a Wii mote in brawl and sm4sh. In my house we made thewinner of each match use the Wii mote
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bonus points for putting a 3DSXL comparison up, when it was playable on every form of 3DS from the shitty small launch version to the 2DS and everything else.
    Sorry but I don't own every single model of the 3DS line. I only have that one machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I can't imagine it's much different from using a Wii mote in brawl and sm4sh. In my house we made thewinner of each match use the Wii mote
    Playing smash on a d pad is a good way to tell your thumb you hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just played the 3 hours of the Octopath demo and just... wow. I think this game is gonna be something truly special. They really made the turn based combat engaging and getting to see 8 unique characters stories is a really great draw. From what I saw of Therion and H'aanit's stories I think they'll be engaging. There's even more potential if they begin to cross over, but even if they don't I think it'll be a great time.

The game looked special when I first saw it but after playing it I really can't wait for this game. Pre-ordered immediately after my 3 hours were up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumor is 6 more characters for smash

lets all say it together

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So I just played the 3 hours of the Octopath demo and just... wow. I think this game is gonna be something truly special. They really made the turn based combat engaging and getting to see 8 unique characters stories is a really great draw. From what I saw of Therion and H'aanit's stories I think they'll be engaging. There's even more potential if they begin to cross over, but even if they don't I think it'll be a great time.

The game looked special when I first saw it but after playing it I really can't wait for this game. Pre-ordered immediately after my 3 hours were up.
    So far they don't cross over. Unless it's later in the game each party member doesn't really react to each other and some are out of character a little. The thief tells some npcs that he works alone but when you recruit him he just asks to join up. Probably the only disappointed thing so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Rumor is 6 more characters for smash

lets all say it together

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's already an assist won't happen. Get over it. Nobody actually wants him like that did Ridley it's just a meme
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So far they don't cross over. Unless it's later in the game each party member doesn't really react to each other and some are out of character a little. The thief tells some npcs that he works alone but when you recruit him he just asks to join up. Probably the only disappointed thing so far

- - - Updated - - -

He's already an assist won't happen. Get over it. Nobody actually wants him like that did Ridley it's just a meme
    Yeah I know that, but I wonder if after you complete all 8 stories, there is a more meta story that caps the game off. Like I said, I don't particularly mind if it's just 8 individual stories and then the game ends, but I feel like that might end up being kinda anticlimactic? So there might be a meta story that appears further into the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly dont understand how anybody cant not use a gc controller. Ive tried them all and they all felt awful.

Well, it's impossible to see enough of the individual stories in the demo to know if they all collide into a single one or not. All you really get are the intros, and the second parts if you're good enough to do it low leveled.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-19 at 02:40 AM.

Well, it's impossible to see enough of the individual stories in the demo to know if they all collide into a single one or not. All you really get are the intros, and the second parts if you're good enough to do it low leveled.
    I know but if characters joining up have so little interaction it's more likely that Is the case later down the line. So far each person's story is acting like nobody else exist and that the others are just the for the sake of there being party members. It's literally 8 storys and not one cohesive group like FF which IS what's its advertised but it would have been nice for a little flavor when group members join, like an actual reason to join up. Like the theif realizing he can't do it alone not just "let's join up"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I honestly dont understand how anybody cant not use a gc controller. Ive tried them all and they all felt awful.
    People playing ultimate say the pro controller is super good. I think you'll still need a gc controller adapter and stuff for the gc controller. They probably won't make another gc controller switch edition
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I know but if characters joining up have so little interaction it's more likely that Is the case later down the line. So far each person's story is acting like nobody else exist and that the others are just the for the sake of there being party members. It's literally 8 storys and not one cohesive group like FF which IS what's its advertised but it would have been nice for a little flavor when group members join, like an actual reason to join up. Like the theif realizing he can't do it alone not just "let's join up"
    That's because what you see in the demo is just the start of their stories, and there is no plot reasons for them joining up besides making the game easier.

Their stories will likely all lead them to the same place, the same end boss or w/e. Only question is if it will happen half way through the story, or entirely at the end. Highly doubt there will be 8 different final bosses in the game, if you get what I'm saying so it's going to happen eventually.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-19 at 04:07 AM.

Just to chime in a bit about controllers...

The pro controller for the switch is actually a quality piece of hardware from what I can tell. The buttons work, stick tension is great, button placement is fine, it really fits in your hand the way you expect. The battery life is insane too. I haven't put insane hours into it to speak to the durability though but coming from someone that was previously making it to pro bracket at LAN events for console fps for years and putting in thousands upon thousands of hours on things like Xbox 360, Xbox type S, dukes, and Xbox one controllers this thing works. Its not a shitty controller at all. The only unknown is how durable it is. I was actually very surprised at just how well they pulled off a generic controller after the weird gamecube and n64 controllers before they swapped over to more gimmicky stuff like the wii/wii u (I didn't use any of the nondefault wii u/wii controllers). The only real downside I can come up with would be digital triggers rather than analog not being ideal for certain types of games
    Last edited by Erolian; 2018-06-19 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Just to chime in a bit about controllers...

The pro controller for the switch is actually a quality piece of hardware from what I can tell. The buttons work, stick tension is great, button placement is fine, it really fits in your hand the way you expect. The battery life is insane too. I haven't put insane hours into it to speak to the durability though but coming from someone that was previously making it to pro bracket at LAN events for console fps for years and putting in thousands upon thousands of hours on things like Xbox 360, Xbox type S, dukes, and Xbox one controllers this thing works. Its not a shitty controller at all. The only unknown is how durable it is. I was actually very surprised at just how well they pulled off a generic controller after the weird gamecube and n64 controllers before they swapped over to more gimmicky stuff like the wii/wii u
    The Wii and Wii U both had "normal controllers' in the classic controller pro and Wii U Pro controller.

The Wii and Wii U both had "normal controllers' in the classic controller pro and Wii U Pro controller.
    Yeah I started to edit in that I never actually got to use those. I really came into it expecting it to sort of suck like a lot of off brand controllers or just feel weird in some way but I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I've seen people complain that they get stick drift after awhile but mine doesn't have it and that's unfortunately kind of normal for any controller that people use A LOT.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2018-06-19 at 04:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

People playing ultimate say the pro controller is super good. I think you'll still need a gc controller adapter and stuff for the gc controller. They probably won't make another gc controller switch edition
    They are makinh another one, actually. Its on amazon. But anyway, i still think the gc controller is better due to the higher and curved shoulder buttons, easier to get from the c stick to the a button and lower left stick with the 8 groves for feed hack on which direction you have it in

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Waluigi deserves a spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Solaire of Astora or riot.
    waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Trevor from GTA 5 in Smash...