So I just finished watching that DF video of Smash and Hal ain't the only fuckup they make.

-claims it has every stage in series history which is false
    -claims Zelda characters use their BoTW designs, only Link does and he still has the TP look as an option

Also they want the game to be cel shaded like the 3DS version or did I hear that wrong? WTF? This game and Smash 4 both look amazing, so many of the characters look like shit cel shaded(literally entire FE cast, Bayo, Cloud or basically any actual humanoid short of toon link).

I could see this being a thing if they rushed the video for launch, but it's a week later. OOF, DF QA is falling off the face of the earth.

Also to get the game to choke performance wise they do an 8 player battle with 8 Ice Climbers in a stage with floor reflections... lol okay... really trying hard to get those clicks as if anyone would ever encounter that situation in real play.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-12-14 at 08:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ll_says_suda51

Suda 51 reiterates that a third main No More Heroes game would be made if Travis Strikes Back does well; says he's also in the planning stages for NMH3.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYFnasg...=14tena4w7qbeu

Charles Martinet has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for most videogame performances as a single character after his 100th performance of voicing Mario in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

- - - Updated - - -

1080p docked; 720p handheld; 60 fps with occasional hitches to 59.

Framerate can take a hit down to around 30 fps when under extreme conditions, such as 8 player Smash with Ice Climbers.

New textures, effects, lighting, and fully dynamic shadows, at the cost of shadow resolution and fur shaders.

They screw up the developer name, HAL helped create the series, but Bandai Namco developed this one.
    Actually, even in the extreme situation you mention, a drop all the way to 30 is rare. Even in that situation (8 players with all Ice Climbers), on a stage that is very graphically intensive due to things like lighting and reflections, it still MOSTLY stayed 45-60fps. It did get as low as 30 for a split second but the vast majority of the time it was in the 50's. So not quite as bad as you're making it out to be. It also performs SLIGHTLY better in that situation in handheld mode.

Is my Switch broken or what?

On carts I get graphical errors, and sometimes the games just crash, usually near when launching it.
    When loading game from system memory, often it just fails with "An Error occured" message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

On carts I get graphical errors, and sometimes the games just crash, usually near when launching it.
    When loading game from system memory, often it just fails with "An Error occured" message.
    Its posible that Sd card is damaged. Try taking it out and check it on pc if its posible to open some files.
    If you get a error you may have to defrag it. (probaly game saves got corrupted -- at least hope this is the case)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its posible that Sd card is damaged. Try taking it out and check it on pc if its posible to open some files.
    If you get a error you may have to defrag it. (probaly game saves got corrupted -- at least hope this is the case)
    I have no SD card. Only internal memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I don't know how true this is, but someone at a game store near me says that some SD's aren't compatible with the Switch because they are optimized for a different refresh rate / frequency than what the Switch uses to store & retrieve data.

They had their product recommendations .. I dunno if they were full of hot air though.

I've had some games crash before .. they get sound glitches mainly before it bombs.

I was keeping the same game in for long periods, using the sleep mode between sessions without turning the system officially off ever, or closing the game for that matter. That was earlier this year ... I reset the system now more often, and it hasn't happened since.

The only other thing between then and now is the OS had some updates, maybe that fixed it inadvertently (like a memory leak or wonky things happening when you put it to sleep during memory allocation..shrugs).
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-17 at 12:08 AM.

I'm sure blizz is hard at work porting WoW over to the switch. ;P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds standard from that broken launch switches video.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sounds standard from that broken launch switches video.
    My Switch is Splatoon bundle from July 2017. It has worked fine untill this october when after 6.0 update Zelda started crashing. Now every game has some issue.

Graphical glitches and crashing on cart games (more DLC/patches seem to make crashing more likely) and digital games fail to load at all. Splatoon takes 4 to 5 tries to load without crashing and Fortnite plain won't load.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Switch is Splatoon bundle from July 2017. It has worked fine untill this october when after 6.0 update Zelda started crashing. Now every game has some issue.

Graphical glitches and crashing on cart games (more DLC/patches seem to make crashing more likely) and digital games fail to load at all. Splatoon takes 4 to 5 tries to load without crashing and Fortnite plain won't load.
    Well, it still falls in line. I guess wait till the next update and see.

and Fortnite plain won't load.
    sounds like an upgrade tbh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Have you tried the check for corrupted data feature under Data Management -> Software? Something in the update process to allow for Switch Online may have ended up corrupting your games.

If you don't mind taking a small loss, you can trade it to GameStop to upgrade to a newer model. They appear to be offering $180 + $50 trade credit until next Tuesday .. ($230, if I read correctly).

Try wiping it first. See the video How to Prepare your Switch to Sell.

But they might test it with a random game if it's still messed up. Don't bring in any games with you.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side question, can a Switch system be messed up if updates fill the internal storage? New games have a check in-place for available space .. but updates...

Just an after thought, since the OP says the system started crashing after a Zelda update failed, and the OP mentioned digital games downloads + DLC, without an extra SD memory card. And the factory internal storage is small.

.. perhaps new games can't load because there isn't any room left for new data storage, whether permanent, or temporary. Hence Fortnite not even starting. Wondering if that update overstepped it's permissions because its a 1st party game...
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-17 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm sure blizz is hard at work porting WoW over to the switch. ;P
    As much as people joke about that.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS4 or next gen port of WoW. It would probably be pretty easy to do for next gen if they are much closer to current pc specs.

Plus the benefit of having it on one of the 3 systems is crossplay with pc won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS4 or next gen port of WoW. It would probably be pretty easy to do for next gen if they are much closer to current pc specs.

Plus the benefit of having it on one of the 3 systems is crossplay with pc won't be an issue.
    I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HDUfvv-84A

It'd be good for people like my coworkers son who wants a gaming computer but sure as hell isn't getting one. He does have an xbox though, so he'd be able to use that. It'd be a worse experience, but I suppose its better than no option at all.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HDUfvv-84A

It'd be good for people like my coworkers son who wants a gaming computer but sure as hell isn't getting one. He does have an xbox though, so he'd be able to use that. It'd be a worse experience, but I suppose its better than no option at all.
    Eh I'd say WoW optimised right on current gen could do upto but not hold 60. Or an easily capped 30.

Now that the game actually uses multiple cores current gen consoles could handle it easily, let alone next gen.

Eh I'd say WoW optimised right on current gen could do upto but not hold 60. Or an easily capped 30.
    I'm just saying in general, it sucks gaming on my ps4. Like I bought it originally for MHW and I just find the console insanely inconvenient in every respect. If not for the exclusives I'd have an insanely hard time justifying this things existence. And are people even able to get addons on consoles? Because wow without addons.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Current gen could handle most settings at max except view distance and shadows and still hold 60 tbh.

WoW is no where near that technically demanding, especially after 8.1 which actually brought the game into modern optimization standards.

If the data corruption thing that john mentioned doesn't work, just mail it in under warranty.
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Nintendo's customer support in this regard.

Hell, they took my 3DS that had a single burnt out pixel and fixed it. They also put in new speakers because the output was slightly lower on them (I didn't even send it in for this, I only said the pixel).