Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its digital tho.
    Eats up valuble space on micro SD. (not to mention if you account gets banned by accident -- you lose everything)
    Nintendo games take up less space digitally than most other console's physical games need.

Example - KH3 taking 40GBs even physically.

I mean...what else do you plan to do with your microSD card? Stare at how empty it is and feel satisfied?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am replaying xb2 after beating torna. Monolith is such a good company. Im so excited for their next one. Fieldskills still annoying

And also the new sort software is yeee
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-04-16 at 03:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Joker comes out tomorrow. They really went all out im crying rn

Last edited by Video Games; 2019-04-17 at 04:23 AM.

Yeah. I'm gonna have to live in the stage builder.

The only question is will that and edited videos become tainted like miiverse?

Looks like Joker gonna carry on the tradition of Smash DLC characters being OP that Cloud and Bayo started.

Persona 3 theme stage is gdlk

so what are your fav. games guys? i bought owlboy the other day and i really enjoy it. any hidden gems?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God I wish the Switch's Internet capabilities weren't absolute fucking garbage trash. The amount of Smash Matches I've lost in the last week because of it being a laggy piece of shit just infuriates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    God I wish the Switch's Internet capabilities weren't absolute fucking garbage trash. The amount of Smash Matches I've lost in the last week because of it being a laggy piece of shit just infuriates me.
    Are you sure it's not just you having bad internet?

I'm not going to say Nintendo's online is some amazing thing, but I've had very few situations of lagging that badly.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you sure it's not just you having bad internet?

I'm not going to say Nintendo's online is some amazing thing, but I've had very few situations of lagging that badly.
    No, I have 9ms ping to servers and 115mb/s D/L and 25mb/s U/L. Literally have no latency issues on anything else I own that uses the internet. On top of that it seems to be at it's absolute worst in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    48.99 instead of 59.99 Euro for a game that's 2 years and 1 month old, what a steal.
    Welcome to Nintendo rules. Also its 33% so its 38€

I feel that since the Switch, Nintendo has done away with some of their worst practices, and overall been more consumer-friendly. They got rid of their YouTube Program, the Switch is the first console of theirs to NOT have region-locking, and they allowed crossplay when Sony didn't.
    What do you think has caused this turnaround?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I feel that since the Switch, Nintendo has done away with some of their worst practices, and overall been more consumer-friendly. They got rid of their YouTube Program, the Switch is the first console of theirs to NOT have region-locking, and they allowed crossplay when Sony didn't.
    The wiiu

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Welcome to Nintendo rules. Also its 33% so its 38€
    It's 69.99 digital so its 48.99 like I said, not 38.99
    The retail copy is 59.98 here and shops have been matching the 48.99 price to compete with the current digital sale.

I just compared the current e-shop deal price to a retail copy price in my original post, im not paying the digital ''tax'' on games cause I like my stuff to be re-sellable when I'm bored with it.

And I know its Nintendo rules, and its my personal opinion that it is pretty daft.
    Remember in this topic 2 years ago how people were bashing the price of a set of joy cons and grip before release ? well I have the same opinion about the fixed high retail prices of their exclusive games, or almost any game on the Switch.
    Of course you're not forced to follow me in that opinion so if you still like to pay 59.99 2 years after release for something then good for you.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2019-04-17 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    None of the things you list have anything to do with the popularity of the Switch.

If you honestly think the majority of gamers give a rats ass about youtube revenue, region locking or cross play well lol...

What caused the turn around is simply Nintendo getting it right with marketing. That is it and that is all. The shit you listed are really just minor policy changes probably implemented because of NoA/NoE suggesting it to the very conservative NCL.

- - - Updated - - -

The retail copy is 59.98 here and shops have been matching the 48.99 price to compete with the current digital sale.

I just compared the current e-shop deal price to a retail copy price in my original post, im not paying the digital ''tax'' on games cause I like my stuff to be re-sellable when I'm bored with it.

And I know its Nintendo rules, and its my personal opinion that it is pretty daft.
    Remember in this topic 2 years ago how people were bashing the price of a set of joy cons and grip before release ? well I have the same opinion about the fixed high retail prices of their exclusive games, or almost any game on the Switch.
    Of course you're not forced to follow me in that opinion so if you still like to pay 59.99 2 years after release for something then good for you.
    Comparing over priced accessories to games maintaining their launch MSRP.

Wat.

I totally agree with you, the prices for Nintendo games and in general switch games is way to much. I am quite new to the console world. have only been playing PC games for over 2 decades now until i bought the switch. So yeah buying a game on steam for 7.99 and then seeing the price on the exact same product for switch at 29.99 is just wrong. I do hope in the end that the among of money you spend extra on games is saved in hardware overtime. for now atleast my switch or joycon havent had any problem ( 8 month old ) and as a comparison the switch + pro controller has the same price as half my GPU a 1080 GTX.. so atleast that a LITTLE comfort for the high prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    $49.99 for FF10/FF10-X2 seems like a bit of a ripoff. OK, I mean that’s an easy 50-60 hours of content, likely more. But, we’re talking about an 18 and 16 year old games, respectively.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be cool? If the servers werent down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    $49.99 for FF10/FF10-X2 seems like a bit of a ripoff. OK, I mean that’s an easy 50-60 hours of content, likely more. But, we’re talking about an 18 and 16 year old games, respectively.
    $25 per game for completely remastered games, reconstructed CGI scenes and re orchestrated soundtrack.

Meanwhile the shitty bare bones ports of VII and IX that have none of the above cost $21 each.

So ummm... Yea not even close to a ripoff compared to those. Also XII remaster does have all of the above remastered features but is only a single game and $50 so again a much worse deal.

To complain about the price of FF games and use X/X-2 as your target... dunno about that one mate. It's probably the best deal of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    None of the things you list have anything to do with the popularity of the Switch.

If you honestly think the majority of gamers give a rats ass about youtube revenue, region locking or cross play well lol...

What caused the turn around is simply Nintendo getting it right with marketing. That is it and that is all. The shit you listed are really just minor policy changes probably implemented because of NoA/NoE suggesting it to the very conservative NCL.
    Also helps that the Switch actually has games while the Wii U was just an overpriced paperweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Also helps that the Switch actually has games while the Wii U was just an overpriced paperweight.
    Do people still use paperweights?