Just saw an ending picture for XBC3. Now I'm more interested in it. If only other JRPGs had balls like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just saw an ending picture for XBC3. Now I'm more interested in it. If only other JRPGs had balls like that.
    I hope you don't mean the "family photo" that has a screen time of a few seconds and is completely irrelevant to the plot of the game? If so, there was no balls there, just a silly easter egg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Torna... that was fucking depressing. Kinda annoying that you had to do so many side quests, but it wasn't that bad. Now time to finish Xenoblade 2 so I can hop on the XB3 hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I hope you don't mean the "family photo" that has a screen time of a few seconds and is completely irrelevant to the plot of the game? If so, there was no balls there, just a silly easter egg.
    Yes I do mean that.

Idk, it probably took some balls for Monolith to even ask Nintendo for approval (they definitely had to ask), and it took further balls for Nintendo to say "Sure, why not?".

I haven't played the game yet (taking forever to arrive and I refuse to double-buy at this point), but it could be relevant in the DLC later maybe? Either way, I honestly think it's hilarious that Rex canonically did it and I'm not even mad I was spoiled for it.

It came in yesterday because it is now after midnight. I am in the kitchen for snacks, and going back out to the game right now, lol. Will watch 1 ep of anime(attack on titan), eat snacks, and the continue until the dawn’s early light.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm now 15 hours in and I still feel like heals do 50% less healing than they should
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-07-30 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm now 15 hours in and I still feel like heals do 50% less healing than they should
    It might just be the AI slacking like they usually do.

I love this game so far; they seem to have addressed most of my complaints from the second game and some from the first, such as being able to pick up items even when in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Idk, it probably took some balls for Monolith to even ask Nintendo for approval (they definitely had to ask), and it took further balls for Nintendo to say "Sure, why not?".

I haven't played the game yet (taking forever to arrive and I refuse to double-buy at this point), but it could be relevant in the DLC later maybe? Either way, I honestly think it's hilarious that Rex canonically did it and I'm not even mad I was spoiled for it.
    No, it's not relevant at all and won't ever be lol and it's like people saying monolith has balls for having a straight up nude huge breasted woman without nipples in their game and pretty much in line with the game it's a reference for, silly as fuck.

Even when certain characters show up in the dlc, which they probably will based off art work I wouldn't expect that to be referenced at all and the people who think it's most relevant seem to be the ones who looked at the picture know its from "the ending" and think its some massive ass revelation when it's not and that's not how it comes across at all lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-30 at 01:35 PM.

Reading a post saying that Nintendo drags down the rest of the gaming industry and are just as anti-consumer as Activision and Ubisoft.
    Yeah, no. That person is full of shit. Even at their worst, Nintendo is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Ubisoft or Activision. Having a lackluster online service isn't even in the same universe as having a work environment that fosters SEXUAL ABUSE, to the point of a female employee COMMITTING SUICIDE.

Nintendo's nowhere near as bad as the companies that use lootboxes and other microtransactions that SPECIFICALLY target neurodivergent people. Fuck off with your false equivalence bullshit.

7h and it already felt that way..
    Maybe they expect us to just put max defense on tanks and max heal pn healers?
    But i think a HUGE part of that is difficulty. Playing pn hard, but after 5 tries on the lvl 6 "boss" i put it pn easy to go on with it and it like a 5x difference in hp and dmg

I'm not too far in but I've only had difficulty when going up against enemies who are higher level. Even one level can make a surprising difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    7h and it already felt that way..
    Maybe they expect us to just put max defense on tanks and max heal pn healers?
    But i think a HUGE part of that is difficulty. Playing pn hard, but after 5 tries on the lvl 6 "boss" i put it pn easy to go on with it and it like a 5x difference in hp and dmg
    Agi/evasion tank is just way better than hp/defense tank because they jusy cant hold aggro. Personally against giant elites ive been doing 2 healers, 3 deeps and an agi tank

Agi/evasion tank is just way better than hp/defense tank because they jusy cant hold aggro. Personally against giant elites ive been doing 2 healers, 3 deeps and an agi tank
    I just assume by default at this point evasion tanks > traditional tank because its almost always true in JRPGs and especially in xenoblade. Took one look at Mio's arts right when you got her and was like yep, it's true again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just assume by default at this point evasion tanks > traditional tank because its almost always true in JRPGs and especially in xenoblade. Took one look at Mio's arts right when you got her and was like yep, it's true again.
    I mean like they recharge with autos so you just slap on the double auto gem and have almost 100% up time on your arts, especially the dodge buff one. They really needed to add cdr gems or art leveling to keves classes for cdr because they just charge too slow
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-07-30 at 04:04 PM.

Just did the first *boss* boss and man... i really wish this was on a more powerful machine... already the second big scene were i just went "...wow". Crazy how much they can handle with this just what the Switch can handle
    But gotta wonder, do we get more classes? Because it feels VERY limited so far and the classes space looks like there'll be another 1 or 2 rows of classes that can fit. I'd guess it's atleast a proper mage, a fistfighter, dual blader and shooter what's missing, since those were already shown in some capacity

10+ Year Old Account
    So 17 hours in.......
    It fells like game fully unlocks at that point (still no rep tree yet with characters and oroboros from other 3 characters missing).

Also, if you want to visit some old zone, mobs are still to high lvl (for lvl 20), but some areas do unlock.

There are few things that bother me at this point:
    *When i did the music thing, one npc run into me and turned himself into a vibrator (yeah it looked weird).
    *Had a small music lag once, after being to many times in battle
    *When in combat i find it anoying when you switch targets and you target a mob realy far away.
    *i have no idea how much cp class next to next lvl or i am blind to see it in UI
    *Some flying mobs are placed weird and you can fall down if not carefull when doing auto-attack animation
    *Ai is not that smart with healing, so you sometimes have to control them yourselfs so you tank doesnt die
    *Items that you equip are to stacked on each other and i think its gona get worse the longer the game goes. Kinda wish there was hide that item button, but favorite at least helps a bit

As for game upgrades:
    *combat is more smooth for sure and also much much faster (if you know what you are doing or have experience with older games)
    *You dont have to craft bilions of gems and have your inventory clogged like in 1
    *water combat is not pain any more
    *Mobs in world seems to be doing things a lot more now
    *Npc in game says a forbiden word when you fight him -- at least when it comes to cenzorship
    *The dub is huge improvment compared to x2
    *Not all areas are locked by just high lvl monsters, but also ladders that you cant use -- much better than using blades talents to move araund the world
    *Tutorial is a huge improvment to 1 and 2 + you get a special arena where you can do this. So if you use a skip tutorial option, you can still use this to train yourself.
    *Story wasnt realy spoiled much with their pre-views at least. Yeah there were some scenes, but they did a good job to not show to much. Only realy start with Vandam was.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Just did the first *boss* boss and man... i really wish this was on a more powerful machine... already the second big scene were i just went "...wow". Crazy how much they can handle with this just what the Switch can handle
    But gotta wonder, do we get more classes? Because it feels VERY limited so far and the classes space looks like there'll be another 1 or 2 rows of classes that can fit. I'd guess it's atleast a proper mage, a fistfighter, dual blader and shooter what's missing, since those were already shown in some capacity
    You get as many classes as there are heros(not counting starting classes). So a lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    You unlock 1.st class in desert zone once you progress story a bit and do their miniquest.
    But i will get other basic classes to 10 1.st before i use a new class as npc helps you as that class.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

They really overcorected on the tutorials. In XC2 it often gave vague explanations that didn't help much in understanding the systems.

In XC3 it's like: "you can't go back to playing until you switch your class like we showed you... good now do it 5 more times while we drill the explanation into your head".