Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    All I saw was a bunch of people saying they don't care about his "rules", not that they thought he was rage blocking.

And I mean, his Wikipedia page says that apparently he's a soft spoken and nice guy in person, and his Twitter account is a joke mostly.

If his account is how he really acts, then I don't find much sympathy for him, regardless of his accomplishments. I do not think the end justifies the means.
    Ah yes the big bad bully Kamiya is setting union rates on VAs that publishers and the union have to both agree to.

Just cause hes an asshole on twitter and always has been doesn't mean he has anything to do with this situation. He is a contracted developer that is making a product fully owned and funded by Nintendo, doesn't even own the IP that's Sega who licenses it to Nintendo, doesn't cast the english VA thats Nintendo of America. This chick tried to throw him under the bus and people are surprised he gave a response that wasn't even that bad and then got blocked because he literally has a bot on his tweet deck that auto blocks anyone @ing him in foreign languages.

Oh the horror! Kamiya is an asshole on twitter! More news at 11!

Still makes better games than what most of twitter warriors stan for, cry more. Still is the reason Bayonetta has any popularity at all with his own gameplay design as much as Hellena wants to fantasize her voice acting did it. Still more talented than most people in the world. People really pressed about all those facts.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-10-17 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah yes the big bad bully Kamiya is setting union rates on VAs that publishers and the union have to both agree to.

Just cause hes an asshole on twitter and always has been doesn't mean he has anything to do with this situation. He is a contracted developer that is making a product fully owned and funded by Nintendo, doesn't even own the IP that's Sega who licenses it to Nintendo, doesn't cast the english VA thats Nintendo of America. This chick tried to throw him under the bus and people are surprised he gave a response that wasn't even that bad and then got blocked because he literally has a bot on his tweet deck that auto blocks anyone @ing him in foreign languages.

Oh the horror! Kamiya is an asshole on twitter! More news at 11!

Still makes better games than what most of twitter warriors stan for, cry more. Still is the reason Bayonetta has any popularity at all with his own gameplay design as much as Hellena wants to fantasize her voice acting did it. Still more talented than most people in the world. People really pressed about all those facts.
    I never said anything about the union rates.

You realize it's possible to just acknowledge someone can and should act better in public right? Success isn't a reason to be a dick to others. I don't know why you think just because he made games you like it's okay for him to act that way.

The weirdest part of this all is that you accused others of "simping" for the VA yet you're going so hard to defend Kamiyas attitude.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-10-17 at 12:46 PM.

All I saw was a bunch of people saying they don't care about his "rules", not that they thought he was rage blocking.

And I mean, his Wikipedia page says that apparently he's a soft spoken and nice guy in person, and his Twitter account is a joke mostly.

If his account is how he really acts, then I don't find much sympathy for him, regardless of his accomplishments. I do not think the end justifies the means.

I know his twitter is apparently just a big meme, but in this day and age, people take a lot of things at face value on the internet, so it definitely comes across as "dude's an asshole" to likely a lot of people that don't know. Can't know an insider joke as an outsider afterall.
    If it was very clearly marked as a joke account tho and using a regular one aswell, it'd probably not even be a discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    I know his twitter is apparently just a big meme, but in this day and age, people take a lot of things at face value on the internet, so it definitely comes across as "dude's an asshole" to likely a lot of people that don't know. Can't know an insider joke as an outsider afterall.
    If it was very clearly marked as a joke account tho and using a regular one aswell, it'd probably not even be a discussion
    The thing about insider jokes is exactly that, they only work if you’re on the inside. If you aren’t, then you only have it at face value. Usually that means not understanding it, or in Kamiya’s possible case, looking like an asshole when trying to be funny.

Now, I admittedly don’t know if he’s joking or not, but as such, he definitely comes off as an unprofessional d-bag. With todays day and age of the internet, social media, and tweets, image matters. It’s always hard to go back and explain if something was a joke, or misinterpreted, or even apologize for poor taste, if ever necessary. The damage is already done, and even if some people follow and realize the issue, most ppl do not care after that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Now, I admittedly don’t know if he’s joking or not, but as such, he definitely comes off as an unprofessional d-bag. With todays day and age of the internet, social media, and tweets, image matters. It’s always hard to go back and explain if something was a joke, or misinterpreted, or even apologize for poor taste, if ever necessary. The damage is already done, and even if some people follow and realize the issue, most ppl do not care after that point.
    He is asshole towards random foreigners on Twitter. Nobody in Japan cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The thing about insider jokes is exactly that, they only work if you’re on the inside. If you aren’t, then you only have it at face value. Usually that means not understanding it, or in Kamiya’s possible case, looking like an asshole when trying to be funny.

It's not a joke. He could very well be a great guy IRL but he is an asshole on twitter to foreigners and always has been even before he set his "rule" that you have to tweet him in Japanese. The people who think it's a meme because gamers used to take him blocking you as a badge of honor are completely missing the point. He doesn't have the time to try and read random things in his non native language and expects people to put in the effort to try and translate for him. Dude won't even block people with horrible google translations because at least you put in the effort- if you don't yes he is a complete asshole to you on twitter pretty sure he has a bot that just auto blocks anything not in Japanese now.

"He's an asshole because.....he blocked me after i came up to him talking a language he doesnt speak and was I so much of a lazy cunt that i couldnt be bothered to even run my twat through google translate"

Amerimutt moment right here. "everyone should speak MY language mimimimimi"

No

It's not a joke. He could very well be a great guy IRL but he is an asshole on twitter to foreigners and always has been even before he set his "rule" that you have to tweet him in Japanese. The people who think it's a meme because gamers used to take him blocking you as a badge of honor are completely missing the point. He doesn't have the time to try and read random things in his non native language and expects people to put in the effort to try and translate for him. Dude won't even block people with horrible google translations because at least you put in the effort- if you don't yes he is a complete asshole to you on twitter pretty sure he has a bot that just auto blocks anything not in Japanese now.
    He's blocked people for using Japanese too.

And I don't know why it's the fixation on language suddenly, he flat out mocks and insults.

He's blocked people for using Japanese too.
    If you say something incredibly stupid in it, sure. Asking played out questions or giving him advice or random tags unrelated to him are the reasons he blocks you in Japanese, not it being a poor translation if you tried.

And I don't know why it's the fixation on language suddenly, he flat out mocks and insults.
    Ah man, he calls people brainless insects for not being able to read his pinned tweet that's in english. Someone lock him up!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-10-17 at 05:37 PM.

If you say something incredibly stupid in it, sure. Asking played out questions or giving him advice or random tags unrelated to him are the reasons he blocks you in Japanese, not it being a poor translation if you tried.

Ah man, he calls people brainless insects for not being able to read his pinned tweet that's in english. Someone lock him up!
    Again, you're just throwing in the "for replying in English".

I've seen him just insulting with general tweets. I don't know why you're so set on justifying and defending him while also admitting that he is a dick.

Like... Yeah, that's the point. He's got gonna get much sympathy, because his own actions. A true modern day Shakespeare tragedy.

Again, you're just throwing in the "for replying in English".

I've seen him just insulting with general tweets. I don't know why you're so set on justifying and defending him while also admitting that he is a dick.

Like... Yeah, that's the point. He's got gonna get much sympathy, because his own actions. A true modern day Shakespeare tragedy.
    I'm not justifying or defending him at all, I'm laughing at people like you that are offended by it when there is a real easy solution if you don't like the way a person talks on twitter. Kamiya could help you out with figuring out what that is...

He's guilty of being an asshole, plz lock him up twitter police we can't have this on our platform!

I'm not justifying or defending him at all, I'm laughing at people like you that are offended by it when there is a real easy solution if you don't like the way a person talks on twitter. Kamiya could help you out with figuring out what that is...

He's guilty of being an asshole, plz lock him up twitter police we can't have this on our platform!
    At no point did I say I was offended.

I said he gets no sympathy from me because of his attitude. That's all. And that got you all bent out of shape for some reason.

Review drop, ended up about where I was hoping:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...critic-reviews

Gonna be good, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

What did she get paid for Bayonetta 1 or Bayonetta 2? Was it way more than 4000 dollars? What did she want to get paid? Bayonetta isn't a huge game, right? It's not making billions in profit, right? Low sales, correct? What do non-famous voice actors get paid for similarly sized games? She isn't VA famous imo, not like Jennifer Hale or Johnny Yong Bosch. The real key to determining if a VA deserves actual royalties should imo be based on name recognition. Will anyone buy your game(or not buy it) because of the name of the associated talent.

Would anyone buy a game not associated with Bayonetta just because she was the VA in it? These are tough questions.

I get that rudeness on social media is worth talking about, but don't understand the relevancy to the voice acting stipend. When everything has been agreed to but the exact price, it is difficult for me to find controversy when the price itself is the thing that didn't meet expectations of either party, as long as the sum was reasonable. Is 4000 dollars unreasonably low for video game VA work on a not-huge franchise?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-10-17 at 07:12 PM.

What did she get paid for Bayonetta 1 or Bayonetta 2? Was it way more than 4000 dollars?
    Notice how that part is omitted from her schizo rant? Hmmm, i wonder why.

Oh yeah, because it would shatter her narrative. Ofcourse she didnt get paid 4k back then. She was, and still is, a literal fucking nobody.
    She has had THREE roles. And I'm being extremely generous here, because one of those roles is a parrot in some game, the other is a sidecharacter in one episode of hellsing, and the other being bayonetta.

She hasnt done a single fucking thing in the last 8 years. And now shes screeching because "i should get more money because....i just should okay!!!"
    Pulling out fake numbers out of her ass, like 450 million dollar in profits. Which is just blatantly false.

The fact is that every other VA is calling her out on her shit. Will Salyer, an actual active VA AND actor that has worked with big names like bethesda, activision, EA, atlus etc, is telling you that 4k for a game recording is good money normally.

So who do I believe? An unhinged hag quoting scripture at a development studio, wishing them to burn in hell (and yes, she literally did that) that broke NDA, a legally binding contract. Or the head of a development studio bound by legal responsibilities and every other VA contradicting her.

Besides, if the money was good enough for someone like Hale, it was good enough for someone who has one role on her resumé.

And miss me with your "well maybe they paid Hale more and lowballed Helena to get rid of her"
    She had to audition for the role. They could have just said "you didnt pass" instead of being coy about it. And considering her work in smash, i can easily see why she wouldnt pass anymore

Because there is a thing called a NDA.....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2022-10-18 at 07:55 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If Hale was being offered the same 4k, I agree. But it's also possible they low balled hoping she wouldn't take it so they could get Hale? Idk, they also could have just went to Hale with an offer first and sidestepped Hellena too if that was the case. It's all a very strange situation and we don't know both sides of it.
    A good manager will make sure their client who worked on previous projects gets first option. So they probably gave her an offer they knew she would refuse.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A good manager will make sure their client who worked on previous projects gets first option. So they probably gave her an offer they knew she would refuse.
    Again this stupid ass conspiracy theory only holds up if you blatantly ignore all the VAs on twitter saying that is typical pay for the role and recording time, and Hale of all people liking those tweets which is as confirmation as you will get from her without breaking NDA.

You're wild af to still be trying to peddle this. By all means voice that VAs should be paid more, but please stop with the bs conspiracy theory that they low balled her and somehow paid Hale more.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-10-18 at 06:08 AM.

[QUOTE=Jtbrig7390;53940315]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariboenjoyer View Post
    Because there is a thing called a NDA.....
    You mean the thing she already self admitted to breaking?
    Curious how she's willing to divulge one part but not the other, far more pertinent part hmmm?

- - - Updated - - -

Again this stupid ass conspiracy theory only holds up if you blatantly ignore all the VAs on twitter saying that is typical pay for the role and recording time, and Hale of all people liking those tweets which is as confirmation as you will get from her without breaking NDA.

You're wild af to still be trying to peddle this. By all means voice that VAs should be paid more, but please stop with the bs conspiracy theory that they low balled her and somehow paid Hale more.
    It never held in the first place because Taylor herself has stated she had to audition again for the role in 3, and they couldve just said "you didnt pass"

Like seriously? How many cases of women blatantly lying on twitter for attention, clout and free gibsmedats do you need before you learn?Stop going YASSSSS KWEEEN every time someone on social media tells you to.

She has provided zero proof, and her breaking a legally binding contract already makes her less trustworthy.
    Last edited by Hariboenjoyer; 2022-10-18 at 01:48 PM.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-nintendo-game

In the case of Bayonetta 3, the developer appeared to be determined to rehire Taylor, according to two people familiar with the negotiations as well as documentation reviewed by Bloomberg. Here's where their accounts differ: Platinum Games sought to hire Taylor for at least five sessions, each paying $3,000 to $4,000 for four hours in the studio, said the people, who asked not to be identified because they aren't authorized to discuss private contract negotiations. That would make the total for the game at least $15,000. In response, they said, Taylor asked for a six-figure sum as well as residuals on the game. Platinum declined and, following lengthy negotiations, took auditions for a new actor. Platinum later offered Taylor a cameo in the game for the fee of one session, which she turned down, the people said.
    Well well well what do you know there was way more to the story than the person breaking NDA to try and control the narrative wanted you to know.

Jason isn't an advocate for corps over workers either and wouldn't publish this if he wasn't sure it was true before someone tries to spread that narrative.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...4590602522624?

Surely the outrage brigade folk from earlier in the thread will come eat their crow right?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-10-18 at 07:45 PM.

Surely the outrage brigade folk from earlier in the thread will come eat their crow right?
    Yep its looking like I may have jumped the gun a bit.

Unlike some I can admit when I was wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD