New patch fixes the dupe glitches. I think I managed to stop the update but I'll check tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    New patch fixes the dupe glitches. I think I managed to stop the update but I'll check tomorrow.
    Damn. It made all the collect 20 X to side quests much more bearable since I could just do some shield hopping instead of running to the other end of the map to collect bees.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a matter of time before Nintendo stepped in, I get people wanted to speed up the "gather x" quests faster, but people making multiple unbreakable Master Swords was a bit of egg on their face.

Also will probably cause problems for any future DLC planned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pro tip, don't dive into the Depths from the Akkala entrance, as it puts you up against a boss and I was not ready for that surprise.
    That one isn't too bad.

Now the chasm at Drenan Highlands...

- - - Updated - - -

Aaand someone has figured out a new dupe glitch for this patch already.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its weird that this game runs better on my pc than it does my switch
    Seeing how your PC is likely more powerful than a mobile chip made in 2015, I hope it runs better on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If I'm starting from scratch, should I consider playing unpatched? I bought the physical cartridge.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-05-26 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    If I'm starting from scratch, should I consider playing unpatched? I bought the physical cartridge.
    It depends if you want to dupe items, you don't need it for completing the main story, it'll just speed up the side questing and gearing up.

It's all stuff you'll obtain by playing the game, just depends how much free time you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It depends if you want to dupe items, you don't need it for completing the main story, it'll just speed up the side questing and gearing up.

It's all stuff you'll obtain by playing the game, just depends how much free time you have.
    Sounds like I'll be playing patched. It's more wholesome that way anyway. ER's patches made it much easier, kinda nice to see patches making games harder too.

Yeah duping isn't needed but as someone who plans to play D4 next week it is a huge help.

BOOOO Nintendo. There are still dupes in BOTW. Why do they care how we play TOTK? There's nothing game breaking about getting some extra items or rupees; if anything, it shows Nintendo messed up the drop rates in the game. I don't have time to be grinding just to progress in the story. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    1.0 has performance issues, but 1.1.2 fixes the dupe glitches.

1.1.1 would be the ideal spot, but you can't get that anymore, so pick your poison.

You don't need dupes to do shit in the game unless you really care about buying and maxing out every armor in the game. Dude above talking about needing to grind to progress the main story gets 10 wuts out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't need dupes to do shit in the game unless you really care about buying and maxing out every armor in the game. Dude above talking about needing to grind to progress the main story gets 10 wuts out of 10.
    It is really nice to be able to dupe side quest materials om the spot instead of running across the map to ass end of Hyrule to pick up some honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is really nice to be able to dupe side quest materials om the spot instead of running across the map to ass end of Hyrule to pick up some honey.
    Fun fact, if you do the stable band quests in a certain order, you have the honey you need as a reward.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a matter of time before Nintendo stepped in, I get people wanted to speed up the "gather x" quests faster, but people making multiple unbreakable Master Swords was a bit of egg on their face.

Also will probably cause problems for any future DLC planned.

- - - Updated - - -

That one isn't too bad.

Now the chasm at Drenan Highlands...

- - - Updated - - -

Aaand someone has figured out a new dupe glitch for this patch already.
    You mean fighting Obsidian Frox? It doesn't look like a hard boss fight, but I'm sure it is time consuming. I did fight the water temple boss in the depths, wasn't worth the effort for the large crystallized zonaite thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean fighting Obsidian Frox? It doesn't look like a hard boss fight, but I'm sure it is time consuming. I did fight the water temple boss in the depths, wasn't worth the effort for the large crystallized zonaite thing.
    Nono, the frog is easy.

The one just east though

- - - Updated - - -

This is the most glorious stuff I've seen, I was cry laughing for a few minutes after it ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nono, the frog is easy.

The one just east though

- - - Updated - - -

This is the most glorious stuff I've seen, I was cry laughing for a few minutes after it ended.
    I mean i been doing war crimes myself....this is why i am still only finished 1 temple
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent a good hour+ early in the game seeing what I could do with the ultrahand. Carrying around HUGE platforms, using a floating platform to knock around another floating platform to see how high I could go and explore some of the sky islands. You can do some pretty stupid things in this game and I love that level of freedom

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gloom Hands are obnoxious as hell, they just sap your health and stunlock you. My suggestion for anyone who is struggling with them, stock up on bomb flowers, and nuke them with bomb arrows as AoE damage will be the most efficient way, especially if you can do it at range like when you are gliding. The fight that comes after is easy if you have at least 26 defense, as that mini boss only will hit you for like 2 hearts of damage and you aren't really in a DPS race like you are with the Gloom Hands.

Gloom Hands are obnoxious as hell, they just sap your health and stunlock you. My suggestion for anyone who is struggling with them, stock up on bomb flowers, and nuke them with bomb arrows as AoE damage will be the most efficient way, especially if you can do it at range like when you are gliding. The fight that comes after is easy if you have at least 26 defense, as that mini boss only will hit you for like 2 hearts of damage and you aren't really in a DPS race like you are with the Gloom Hands.
    Other cheese to kill them is to save Fire-Freezer stunlocker on your autobuild and just plonk that on top of them. Requires bit of batteries to run though, and costs 30 Zonaite to build without mats out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I spent a good hour+ early in the game seeing what I could do with the ultrahand. Carrying around HUGE platforms, using a floating platform to knock around another floating platform to see how high I could go and explore some of the sky islands. You can do some pretty stupid things in this game and I love that level of freedom
    Ultrahand, Revelsal and Two platforms lets you do a Time-elevator that lets you scale up some pretty high cliffs. Useful when you don't have enough stamiuna for long climbs yet, or need to carry a damn Korok up there.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2023-05-28 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinraal shards are even better.

Though someone came up with a genius contraption. Stabiliser+wheel and then 4x flame and frost launchers back to back in a tower. Deploy and activate.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2023-05-28 at 06:40 PM.