Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://mw.nikkei.com/sp/#!/article/D...20C16A3TI5000/

Nikkei is reporting Nintendo is ceasing production of the Wii U by the end of the year and the NX will be announced this year.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/...ller_pictures/

More and better images of the supposed controller appeared.

• Only the upper 'nubs' of the sticks move. The bottom part is static (kind of like the circle pad, but it moves along the bottom 'sphere'.
    • The rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel. Though I do don't believe this will be the final design.
    • Haptic feedback feels like Apples 'taptic' engine. Not like regular rumble.
    • 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/...ctures/d1apar3

The leaker is saying it's the controller for the devkit console.
    I love that "confidential property" sticker. As if someone who works there would think otherwise, or if they did, as if that sticker would stop them.

Yet again though, I have to emphasize, as much as I hate the idea of it as a controller, I don't think there's any denying that it looks cool. It's pretty polished.

Deleted
    am i the only one who just cant understand how you are supposed to play without physical buttons without looking at the gamepad?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im okay with the controller now, only complaint is virtual buttons but ive never used virtual buttons so idk how worse they are
    Virtual buttons suck, flat out suck if you're looking off screen. At least on a phone you're looking at the screen, but using this when you're looking at the tv? Na.

Quote Originally Posted by SCEsCream View Post
    am i the only one who just cant understand how you are supposed to play without physical buttons without looking at the gamepad?!
    Well if it's real, like I said it was running a MOBILE UE4 demo so it's likely the hand held variant...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Virtual buttons suck, flat out suck
    Wow, you actually made a good post. Wow, you actually made a post without my name in it. Props stalker.

Deleted
    i cant imagine how the feeling of playing with this would be like, maybe my imagination skills aren't that big ^^

I don't think it would be that much of a difference, you just have to get used to not feeling the physical press of the button.

Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant imagine how the feeling of playing with this would be like, maybe my imagination skills aren't that big ^^
    It works right now on phones, because your phone is also the screen, but yeah.... virtual buttons for a console?

If it uses this awkward ass looking handheld as a controller for the console it better be 90% optional and there be a "NX pro controller" or I'm out. I don't touch gaming on phones for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I guess Nintendo puts their time and pride into developing these weird-ass controllers instead of getting better specs for their console.

Deleted
    if this is real, i would okay with it if it was just the handheld.... i hope it doesnt work as controller for the console too - would be a no-go

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Now? its identical to the last controller minus the color.
    it doesnt look as big as i thought it did in the last pictures and the edges dont look as uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If it uses this awkward ass looking handheld as a controller for the console it better be 90% optional and there be a "NX pro controller" or I'm out. I don't touch gaming on phones for a reason.
    the guy on reddit said it was for the console
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the guy on reddit said it was for the console
    Which doesn't rule it out being the handheld nor being an optional controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which doesn't rule it out being the handheld nor being an optional controller.
    Oh Nintendo.... and there multiple controller options. Such a shame, the Wii U pro controller is actually really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works right now on phones, because your phone is also the screen, but yeah.... virtual buttons for a console?
    They just about work, I think its possibly a generational thing too, my newphew is okay with it, for me I find it borderline unplayable or mobile.

My biggest issue is that if it's just for customization control schemes...that's boring as shit. If they want to show anything meaningful to gameplay on it, your hands will likely cover much of it and make what they can show very minimal.

Hope to hell that's far from a final design, if it's legit, because damn does it look like a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They just about work, I think its possibly a generational thing too, my newphew is okay with it, for me I find it borderline unplayable or mobile.
    Yeah, but the phone is also the screen. so you can see both the controller and the game play at the same time. A console does not allow that as they are separate.

my problem with phone games have always been movement, with two joysticks i dont think it be that bad especially with haptic feedback
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Things like fighting games or fast paced hack and slash games like Bayonetta are terrible without physical button confirmation of inputs. It just won't work as the only main option for input.

It would be fine for shooters, racers and the like but it alienates too many genres to go without a real physical button controller solution.

Also games like Madden, FIFA and NBA2k are impossible to port and do right without pressure sensitive physical buttons and ya'll might not give a rats ass about those sports games but that is alienating 3 yearly top 10 sellers and not a good look for trying to get 3rd party support.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-03-23 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things like fighting games or fast paced hack and slash games like Bayonetta are terrible without physical button confirmation of inputs. It just won't work as the only main option for input.

It would be fine for shooters, racers and the like but it alienates too many genres to go without a real physical button controller solution.

Also games like Madden, FIFA and NBA2k are impossible to port and do right without pressure sensitive physical buttons and ya'll might not give a rats ass about those sports games but that is alienating 3 yearly top 10 sellers and not a good look for trying to get 3rd party support.
    Going to have to agree here.... it also just looks far too uncomfortable.

Going to have to agree here.... it also just looks far too uncomfortable.
    It looks like it's going to gouge into my palm honestly. Like, it looks painful to hold.