Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats basically what they did for splatoon 2.

if they add enough new stuff without fucking with the already existing characters i would consider it smash 5, theres no reason to remake the wheel everytime.

subspace emissary/story mode
    new characters
    new stages
    new items
    new trophies

thats enough to be smash 5 for me.
    I mean, in the fighting game world shit like that already exists. Ultra Street Fighter IV was still Street Fighter IV even though by time they got to the 4th version of the game it had a lot more content.

Compared to SFV which was 100% new engine, models, animations and play style.

It's hard to consider Nintendo unique snowflakes if they're just adding onto the Smash 4 skelton it's an enhanced port/xpac to the game. You don't see ASW claiming each new version of GG Xrd which has new characters, stages and stories to be a new entry. Just another expansion onto the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I think we figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, in the fighting game world shit like that already exists. Ultra Street Fighter IV was still Street Fighter IV even though by time they got to the 4th version of the game it had a lot more content.

Compared to SFV which was 100% new engine, models, animations and play style.

It's hard to consider Nintendo unique snowflakes if they're just adding onto the Smash 4 skelton it's an enhanced port/xpac to the game. You don't see ASW claiming each new version of GG Xrd which has new characters, stages and stories to be a new entry. Just another expansion onto the game.
    the only thing i care about at the end of the day is new stuff and no removed characters whether its called ultimate smash 4 hyper force ultra complete edition or smash 5

- - - Updated - - -

id like it if they brought back young link, pichu, wolf, ice climbers, squirtle, and ivysaur
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Solaire du Astoria amiibo exclusive to Gamestop

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-sw...amestop/159628
    $16 and a gamestop exclusive? You can fuck the fuck off with that. I'm glad I'm not a darksoul fan because I'd just be like "wut"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    $16 and a gamestop exclusive? You can fuck the fuck off with that. I'm glad I'm not a darksoul fan because I'd just be like "wut"
    i thought all amiibo were 16 now?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

it's based on demand and quality now a days

the detective pikachu amiibo is 30 fucking bucks hot damn. Buy the fucking game for that price
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Only the BoTW ones where $16(of the standard size/make ones anyways). Until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/perepereden/stat...89098095935489

Sakurai "working hard on development". Time will tell us what exactly it's gonna be then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Dang i was playing some gw2 whilst watching the direct, was happy with how the 3ds was getting some attention with luigi's mansion1 and mario and luigi bowser's inside story considering i lost my DS with that game ;o;

Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    https://twitter.com/perepereden/stat...89098095935489

Sakurai "working hard on development". Time will tell us what exactly it's gonna be then.
    Yea, he's working hard on designing the new characters while BN is porting the game to the Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, he's working hard on designing the new characters while BN is porting the game to the Switch.
    Edit: Welp...
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-03-08 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Outsourcing to a different company for a port?

Sounds like nightmare fuel.
    What are you talking about? BN developed Smash 4 in the first place.

I was proud to be in your sig, but now that you seem to have a complete lack of knowledge on anything Smash I just feel ashamed.

On and for the record on the BoTW Link. I expect it to be a new character, not just a skin for base Link. So many options BoTW Link can have(glider and shiekah slate abilities mainly) that warrants to new char completely just like Toon Link did.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? BN developed Smash 4 in the first place.

I was proud to be in your sig, but now that you seem to have a complete lack of knowledge on anything Smash I just feel ashamed.

On and for the record on the BoTW Link. I expect it to be a new character, not just a skin for base Link. So many options BoTW Link can have(glider and shiekah slate abilities mainly) that warrants to new char completely just like Toon Link did.
    My bad, I did actually not look that up, since I didn't own a Wii U and forgot to bother looking into it.

I'm still standing by my former statement where it's entirely possible that this is Smash 5 (just less likely than a port).
    We'll find out in 3 months I guess.

For BotW you can also add the Champion Abilities. Interesting to see where they go.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-03-08 at 11:52 PM.

Recording of the Direct up if you want to rewatch.

I still am a bit peeved its 3ds only but boy am i glad to see Luigis Mansion at all. Let alone trending on Twitter worldwide as people lose their shit. Something like tennis you know some of its ironic memeshit around characters like waluigi but i sincerely think luigis mansion is a fantastic game. As a homage to survival horror games from the gen prior to its development and as en experiment to take the darker elements of marios boo/spooky/halloween levels to make its own game out of. Hopefully it sells enough and we do get a switch port someday. Either way i envy the kids going in blind for the first time. I've beaten it so many times i know it like the back of my hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SMASH BROS AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I HAVE SO MUCH HYPE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy!

Nintendo really gonna try to keep the 3DS on life support long enough to hit 80 mil.

Which is fine, but Luigi's Mansion really should be cross plat with Switch just like Captain Toad is.

Nothing but the announce trailer up yet but http://smashbros.com/en_US/index.html