Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Kirby reviews are out. Pretty mixed. Main concerns is compared to triple and robo the game is lacking. It's really short and piss easy
    Every Kirby game is "really short and piss easy" if all you do is beat the main story. If anyone is claiming that's not true for TD or PR they literally have no clue what they're talking about.

It's reviews are typical Kirby reviews, and it's a typical Kirby game. Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is what I got and it has worked great.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I second this recommendation, really great and easy to clean!

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm the only one that never uses a screen protector for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I do for stuff I actually carry with me that might be out in the open at family places etc. Phone has been picked up and chucked by little kids a few times. That's really the only reason.

I don't have one on the Switch, the only time it leaves the dock is for me to play it sitting on the couch. Even with moderate travel for the Switch I doubt I would put a protector on it as I never did the Vita or 3DS either. All those screens are still pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Most mobile devices these days are pretty safe without one. Good gorilla glass is hard to scratch.

Switch on the other hand, is not. Its screen is covered by soft plastic and it will be scratched if you don't use a protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Its screen is covered by soft plastic and it will be scratched if you don't use a protector.
    I guess if you're one of those people that slam it into the dock or tap on the screen with ratchet AF nails it might scratch.

Mine still has 0 scratches without any protector on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I guess if you're one of those people that slam it into the dock or tap on the screen with ratchet AF nails it might scratch.

Mine still has 0 scratches without any protector on it.
    $5 for a Tempered Glass protector vs. eternal anquish if the unprotected screen happens to be scratched.

I gladly pay the $5 just in case.

$5 for a Tempered Glass protector vs. eternal anquish if the unprotected screen happens to be scratched.

I gladly pay the $5 just in case.
    It's not just $5.

It's hours of trying to scrub shit tier adhesive off your system if you ever need to replace said screen protector. At that point I would sooner replace the entire fucking Switch.

My Switch is never in a position to get it's screen damaged. If it happened it would be an extreme accident and I can replace it, it's not a big deal. The chances of that happening are so crazy slim I really don't care and would chalk up the $300 to bad luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have never scratched any of my screens since the gba so I dunnooooooooo

- - - Updated - - -

https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/1...rt-from-our-hq

More info on rank X in Splatoon 2.

• Anyone who's rank S-10 + will automatically be updated to rank X and ranks past S-9 will rank up to rank X.
    • You will battle for X Power and battle with players with the same X Power.
    • The top 500 players with the highest X Power in each mode will be displayed on SplatNet.
    • During the monthly ranking announcement, X Power will be shown as "calculating".
    • If you end up lower than a certain X Power threshold, then you will be ranked down back S-9.
    • If your X Power drops too low you will be ranked down before the X Power reset.
    • New weapons for everyone will now be added in batches once a month and stages will be added during the X Power calculating phase.
    • Ranked Battle Stages will be limited to 8 per battle type(instead of the current 20) which is refreshed during the X Power reset.
    • Turf War and League Battle will retain all stages in rotation.
    • First X Power reset is scheduled for May 31st.
    • X Power resets will be on the final day of the month afterwards.

So wait, rank X is just seasons without any end of season rewards?

Meh.

At the end of the day same as S+ ranks, just with a higher average player skill.

So wait, rank X is just seasons without any end of season rewards?

Meh.

At the end of the day same as S+ ranks, just with a higher average player skill.
    Thinking about it, it would be nice if the top 500 players actually got a specific piece of gear, even if it wasn't any better than anyone elses. A different design for each month and each mode.

New Nintendo Switch Incoming? Hardware Revision Spotted in 5.0 Firmware
    https://www.thenerdmag.com/new-ninte...-5-0-firmware/

If we are to believe the data mining findings from the series of tweets below it seems that Nintendo is intending to release a new hardware revision of the Nintendo switch as the data mine reveals a new SoC that could pave the foundation for a New Nintendo Switch console development. It has become common knowledge that the Nintendo Switch has achieved homebrew state and the floodgates to piracy are shortly waiting to open.
    While earlier this month, Nintendo commented that they will give a focus to titles and accessories over the main console and consider Nintendo has a rare track record (said the Nintendo handheld line) with making hardware revisions to their systems as opposed to Sony and Microsoft who have adopted it as a commonplace practice for most of their home consoles, could this be a first for Nintendo if we are to believe that the console is to escape the grasps of pirates who will eventually open the system for piracy?

Given the code name Mariko, currently the intentions of the SoC Revision is yet to come to light and we doubt Nintendo will ever comment on it, so we will have to wait for further news or updates on the findings, perhaps at a future show?
    It is also speculates that this could patch the hardware vulnerability in the system that makes homebrew possible, similar to the firmware that Sony released on the PS3 and PS4 to block the installation and implementation of Linux OS being possible to install on the system and as such can also be open the way for piracy on their consoles. While we are sure that Nintendo might not be working on a Switch hardware revision, we might find out later this year or perhaps later the next year.

What are your thoughts on a New Nintendo Switch being a plausible option? Let us know in the comments section below.
    A Revision wouldn't be surprising to be honest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    https://www.thenerdmag.com/new-ninte...-5-0-firmware/

A Revision wouldn't be surprising to be honest.
    I actually posted something about that right after 5.0 launch, but this goes into more detail than what I posted.

Common consensus from what I read is more than likely it's just a die shrink (alongside a battery shrink), so Nintendo can cut costs on the Switch to make more money or decrease the MSRB on the Switch.

Although that doesn't rule out a outside physical revision like a smaller one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Thinking about it, it would be nice if the top 500 players actually got a specific piece of gear, even if it wasn't any better than anyone elses. A different design for each month and each mode.
    Yea, just something cosmetic would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I actually posted something about that right after 5.0 launch, but this goes into more detail than what I posted.

Common consensus from what I read is more than likely it's just a die shrink (alongside a battery shrink), so Nintendo can cut costs on the Switch to make more money or decrease the MSRB on the Switch.

Although that doesn't rule out a outside physical revision like a smaller one.
    I think they will cut costs for sure, but they won't lower the price. I see the Switch staying $299.99 forever as long as people keep buying them at that price. The Wii stayed $249.99 forever as well. Right now they probably don't make much on each Switch sold, and are probably salivating for when they can cut costs and start making like $60-70 on each system sold like they do with the N3DS.

Maybe we'll finally start to get bundled games(without a price hike).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-15 at 04:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, stock 3DS could back up game saves?
    Via cloud saving? No. To the SD card? Yes.

I think they will cut costs for sure, but they won't lower the price. I see the Switch staying $299.99 forever as long as people keep buying them at that price. The Wii stayed $249.99 forever as well. Right now they probably don't make much on each Switch sold, and are probably salivating for when they can cut costs and start making like $60-70 on each system sold like they do with the N3DS.

Maybe we'll finally start to get bundled games(without a price hike).
    I agree with this too. Read somewhere not too long ago that the Switch costs an estimated $257 each to make. If they can cut those costs and still have millions of units moving each month, they aren't going to pass the savings on.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

i think packing it with a game would be better than a price cut anyways.

9 times out of 10 when someone i talk to seems apprehensive about buying a switch they always say "and it DOESNT come with a game" after i mention that its 300.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/schedule/index.html

Nintendo's FY 2017 Earnings release is scheduled for April 26th.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD