Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then he ether can't tell when it dips or hes lying to you.

If the game is having framerate drops on DF then its having it on literally on every switch played out there.
    Yes, of course, my actual friend is lying to me, because he has so much to gain by doing so.... Don't you know, he gets commissions for every copy of the game he gets his friends to buy...

Let's be "honest" shall we, obviously my friend doesn't have the tools to do full on testing like DF does and I would venture to say he has no reason or care to like most people, but let me make an educated guess and say neither do you.

My point is, the game isn't unplayable or something, especially just because DF says so. I was offering a friend's info to you who has actually been playing it so you wouldn't just skip the game if you wanted to play it. Take it or leave it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Yes, of course, my actual friend is lying to me, because he has so much to gain by doing so.... Don't you know, he gets commissions for every copy of the game he gets his friends to buy...

Let's be "honest" shall we, obviously my friend doesn't have the tools to do full on testing like DF does and I would venture to say he has no reason or care to like most people, but let me make an educated guess and say neither do you.

My point is, the game isn't unplayable or something, especially just because DF says so. I was offering a friend's info to you who has actually been playing it so you wouldn't just skip the game if you wanted to play it. Take it or leave it...
    Some people can notice drops in fps. I personally can't stand playing games under 30fps. 30-60 I can deal with, but I prefer over 60.

Will most people notice? Maybe, depends how suddenly the fps drops. If you're playing at 30 and then it suddenly spikes down to 20, you'll probably notice. But if it slowly, over just a second or two, goes down to 20, then a lot of people might not notice. There's a reason 2d animation is still done at 12fps most of the time after all, because it's still smooth "enough" that your brain can be convinced it's fluid motion, even if you don't want to trying playing at that fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Some people can notice drops in fps. I personally can't stand playing games under 30fps. 30-60 I can deal with, but I prefer over 60.

Will most people notice? Maybe, depends how suddenly the fps drops. If you're playing at 30 and then it suddenly spikes down to 20, you'll probably notice. But if it slowly, over just a second or two, goes down to 20, then a lot of people might not notice. There's a reason 2d animation is still done at 12fps most of the time after all, because it's still smooth "enough" that your brain can be convinced it's fluid motion, even if you don't want to trying playing at that fps.
    My reply wasn't even directed toward you but you decided to reply just to miss the point being made? Well done, I guess...

Again, the point is, this game is not unplayable or have big issues like Bloodstained or similar. Wow, I try to offer a friendly perspective and get such negative responses like your friend must be lying to you. Internet anonymity at its finest...

My reply wasn't even directed toward you but you decided to reply just to miss the point being made?
    That’s kind of is the entire point of a forum. You don't need to get so defensive towards everyone who gives you a very simple answer. He also didn't miss your point, he gave his own opinion on it. Like someone does on say, a forum.

Don’t get me wrong, JT was tactless with his response, but he never shows any anyway.
    Last edited by Farath; 2019-07-21 at 01:19 PM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    My reply wasn't even directed toward you but you decided to reply just to miss the point being made? Well done, I guess...

Again, the point is, this game is not unplayable or have big issues like Bloodstained or similar. Wow, I try to offer a friendly perspective and get such negative responses like your friend must be lying to you. Internet anonymity at its finest...
    Some people notice fps drops, some people don't. Your friend might just not notice that the fps drops. To claim, as he does, that it doesn't drop when there's empirical evidence that it does, well.. Either he's lying or doesn't notice the difference. Now I'm cautiously optimistic, so I'd rather not believe that your friend is intentionally lying, but that means he doesn't notice the drop in fps.

Which leads me to where I started my first post on the subject. Some people can.

And no, your reply wasn't directed at me, but if you want a private conversation you can take it to the PMs, not the public boards. You offered your perspective, I offered mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Some people notice fps drops, some people don't. Your friend might just not notice that the fps drops. To claim, as he does, that it doesn't drop when there's empirical evidence that it does, well.. Either he's lying or doesn't notice the difference. Now I'm cautiously optimistic, so I'd rather not believe that your friend is intentionally lying, but that means he doesn't notice the drop in fps.

Which leads me to where I started my first post on the subject. Some people can.

And no, your reply wasn't directed at me, but if you want a private conversation you can take it to the PMs, not the public boards. You offered your perspective, I offered mine.
    My apologies if I sounded rude in my last post. I'm sure I sounded that way but I guess thats what working mandatory overtime since the beginning of May has done to me anyway....sigh

In any case, sure what you've said is true but from what my friend has shared after playing for days/hours and watching people stream the game it definitely doesn't look to be an unpleasant experience. That's all I'm saying... Watching a DF video wouldnt be how I would decide to purchase a game I wanted, unless there was some game breaking bugs or something. So my focus is on can i buy the game and play it and have fun? Which I would tell someone that yes they could.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm up to Chapter 6 (I think) in MUA3 and I can't notice the drops. To be fair I never see the drops that people talk about in most games. I've had no noticeable performance issues, the game overall I'd say is just a solid 7 though. Fun and enjoyable but not particularily deep in any sense of the word. Don't know if I'd say it's worth the full price tag unless you're a big Marvel fan. I got it with the E3 discount on Amazon and have no regrets. Gonna drop it on Friday when FE comes out though and go back to it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    picture of a car with Joy-cons
    Maybe any kind of context would help?

People are reporting drifting issues with joy-cons

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Incarnate View Post
    People are reporting drifting issues with joy-cons
    I had this issue with MCAU3 but didn't with any other game. In particular I was moving fine in any direction except down, which would make me slow walk to the point where I was starting to think it was a lame mechanic and it wanted camera turning. Friend suggested I recalibrate my controller, which I did and then the problem went away. Which is still strange when no other game seemingly noticed said cailbration being an issue...?

Edit: As for frame drops in the game I've sometimes seen them when turning around a corner fast or during some really high impact boss moves. Other than those circumstances it hasn't really been unpleasant. I do wonder if people suffering from more issues are using the isometric/classic camera or the heroic camera.

I'm personally using the classic because I found the heroic camera to be waaaay too much camera manipulation to the point that it was distracting.
    Last edited by Reivur; 2019-07-21 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    I'm up to Chapter 6 (I think) in MUA3 and I can't notice the drops. To be fair I never see the drops that people talk about in most games. I've had no noticeable performance issues, the game overall I'd say is just a solid 7 though. Fun and enjoyable but not particularily deep in any sense of the word. Don't know if I'd say it's worth the full price tag unless you're a big Marvel fan. I got it with the E3 discount on Amazon and have no regrets. Gonna drop it on Friday when FE comes out though and go back to it later.
    Finished the my first play through on Mighty last night and really the only time I noticed was when I did a 4 character ultimate that coincided with a big move a boss or mini boss did during it. It stuttered a bit for a sec or two then back to steady. It's hardly noticeable and happens infrequent enough that most will not notice or care. Of course DF will make a big issue about it and others that seem to only care about power. I see people here and other places saying it's a hard pass, but they are missing out. Not even close to Bloodstained, and even that was way overblown IMO. Was able to beat and nearly 100% it on my Switch with few issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    I had this issue with MCAU3 but didn't with any other game. In particular I was moving fine in any direction except down, which would make me slow walk to the point where I was starting to think it was a lame mechanic and it wanted camera turning. Friend suggested I recalibrate my controller, which I did and then the problem went away. Which is still strange when no other game seemingly noticed said cailbration being an issue...?

Edit: As for frame drops in the game I've sometimes seen them when turning around a corner fast or during some really high impact boss moves. Other than those circumstances it hasn't really been unpleasant. I do wonder if people suffering from more issues are using the isometric/classic camera or the heroic camera.

I'm personally using the classic because I found the heroic camera to be waaaay too much camera manipulation to the point that it was distracting.
    Heroic camera is too zoomed in for my taste. Played exclusively in the classic camera mode and barely noticed drops.

I said lying or doesn't notice them.

You would be amazed at how many people say the game doesn't drop FPS on their console even tho there is video evidence of performance issues.

If it dips near 20fps or under it enough in the vast majority of games I outright can't play them and MU3 is one of those games.

No reason for it to have the performance problems it does and to me it screams rushed before the Endame Hype ends.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Gotta say I've completed the entire game on MUA3 and didn't see a single FPS issue. Makes me wonder what all the cry babies are crying about.

Maybe we should be giving out Queen Diva Tiara's to all the FPS whiners

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    Gotta say I've completed the entire game on MUA3 and didn't see a single FPS issue.
    Then your ether baiting or blind because I hate to break it to you but if the game has performance problems on one switch it will have it on all of them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Gotta say I've completed the entire game on MUA3 and didn't see a single FPS issue. Makes me wonder what all the cry babies are crying about.

I mean, marvel avatar makes me feel like this post isn't biased at all...

Whether you enjoy the game or not is subjective, but it's a literal fact it has fps issues as proven by DF...

10+ Year Old Account

If you didn't see any frame drops, it's just you that are less sensitive to them and not noticing it than them not being there.

There won't be any huge deviations between users in frame rate when they're all on the exact same hardware specs.

No reason for it to have the performance problems it does and to me it screams rushed before the Endame Hype ends.
    I don't think it was rushed for end game hype, I just think Marvel licensing fees are ridiculous and it has a strict budget after acquiring said license.

MvCI suffered from the same fate, speaking with capcom SF people most of the money spent on the game was literally paying Disney the licensing fees to be able to make it, which led to it being a bland looking game that was better suited for mobile then game consoles.

I feel like Avengers will suffer from the same fate. Spider-Man only didn't because Sony doesn't GAF and knew an open world spider-man would make the budget back anyways.

I said lying or doesn't notice them.

You would be amazed at how many people say the game doesn't drop FPS on their console even tho there is video evidence of performance issues.

If it dips near 20fps or under it enough in the vast majority of games I outright can't play them and MU3 is one of those games.

I watched the full DF video so I could more accurately see what you were talking about. Yes they showed dips down to 20, quite a few of them, and even down to 19, but those were also in portable mode, not docked. They mainly only happened when the screen was filled with major particle effects though, which to be fair, could be hard to see thru even at 60fps. However, watching thru the whole video there was nothing that made me see that the game was not easily playable and/or enjoyable. Now if you have some type of disability or something I would understand, but that DF video doesn't show anything that makes the game unplayable.

Have you seen their BotW breakdown? They show major dips to 20 fps in that game too, and those are docked, and not even during a big boss battle or something. Yet that game is praised as one of the best ever and I'm sure most people played that without issue as well. If you really wanted to play ultimate alliance 3 I'd be more worried about what some of the game reviews are saying, not that DF breakdown, but thats just me...

If you really wanted to play ultimate alliance 3 I'd be more worried about what some of the game reviews are saying, not that DF breakdown, but thats just me...
    The reviews basically say the game is okay and not really worth $60 unless you're hardcore marvel fan lol.

Coupled with the poor performance, I definitely don't think any non foaming at the mouth Marvel fans should be rushing out to buy it. It's destined to get TWEWY or Sushi Striker treatment and be on clearance in less then a year.