Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Pokemon really should have a hard mode.

Or new game plus+

Or any modern innovation really that adds difficulty/longevity at minor development cost.

It would be rather easy to implement also.

Perhaps they are worried the target market would hit "expert" by mistake and then complain when their starter pokemon didnt near one shot the entire game.

Edit. It would be like shining a turd though, the entire game would need a rework to actually incorporate a higher skill ceiling because "super effective" moves one shotting pokemon is kind of insane when you think about it. Oh your level 70 grass pokemon just ate the dirt to my level 50 fire pokemon in one move? Too bad
    Especially when AI pokemon use "Harden" 3 times in a row and just die to a special attack. lol it's honestly pretty pathetic how bad the AI is considering how long they have been making nearly the same game for decades now. And yeh, your opponent is bringing out a Charizard? Just switch out to a water type. Use surf and he's dead in one hit. Ez clap.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-11-23 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Actually I just don't play Pokemon. Why would I bother playing a game I don't enjoy and complaining about it in this thread? If I want to play a baby brain JRPG I just play atelier games, not garbage like pokemon.

Buying a pokemon game every year just to bitch about it being Pokemon is the yearly ritual in this thread. You would think people would stop buying games they don't enjoy.
    I didn't buy the Diamond and Pearl remakes and I'm going to be waiting on reviews for Legends: Arceus. If you don't care about Pokemon, that's fine, but some of us do care and want the series to be better instead of just milking their fans over and over while putting in the bare minimum effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I didn't buy the Diamond and Pearl remakes and I'm going to be waiting on reviews for Legends: Arceus. If you don't care about Pokemon, that's fine, but some of us do care and want the series to be better instead of just milking their fans over and over while putting in the bare minimum effort.
    If Pokemon is a series that is milking their fans with bare minimum effort why would you care about it? LOL

Childhood nostalgia is a hell of a drug. You guys literally shit on the series 24/7 in here and then come back to say you care about it? What is this abusive relationship Pokemon has you in exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If Pokemon is a series that is milking their fans with bare minimum effort why would you care about it? LOL

Childhood nostalgia is a hell of a drug. You guys literally shit on the series 24/7 in here and then come back to say you care about it? What is this abusive relationship Pokemon has you in exactly?
    I enjoyed Pokemon quite a bit until Sun and Moon, so it's not like I've hated the series for a long time. Pokemon has made changes in the recent games that I don't agree with and I express my disappointment in those changes.

Honestly I don't even think my desires for Pokemon are even that radical. All I want are all the Pokemon transferrable to the games, a harder optional difficulty mode, and more post game content. Basically just Black 2 and White 2 with a new region and new Pokemon on the Switch. All of those requests are things that existed in the past games too. So it's not even like I expect Pokemon to turn into some massive open world MMO with all the regions in it. Give me those 3 things and I'd honestly be content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore nuzlocke rules make the games infinitely more enjoyable.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Why does Pokémon need to have a harder difficulty?

Its a game about collecting animals
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    -snip-
    Literally, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Why does Pokémon need to have a harder difficulty?

Its a game about collecting animals
    Why does Meatboy have to be hard? It's just a game about jumping.

Some people just like having a (optional) challenge, but since it's been 25 years of piss easy games, i think people should just give it a rest, as it's clearly not happening. It hasn't for 25 years, so i doubt there will ever a mainline game that poses any sort of challenge. They might let some devs do some spinoffs that might have atleast difficulty options, but i doubt there will ever be mainline games with either a challenge or story that is written by someone that might've finished 3rd grade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat SMT 5. Definitely easier than SMT 4, I got a game over a total of 7 times and 2 of those were to Shiva (once because I didn't realize he was level 96 and I went in when I was level 80. I don't really think that's a bad thing though. Due to not being able to save anywhere, all the random deaths that happened in SMT 4 probably would've been really annoying if they happened in SMT 5.

All in all, I think it is the most fun turn based RPG ever made in terms of gameplay. The exploration is satisfying, the combat feels truly skillful unlike most turn based rpgs, and the customization you can do in this game is amazing.

Final Fantasy 14 took up a lot of my gaming time this year so I haven't played all the 2021 releases, but I think SMT 5 is my game of the year so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just beat shiva at 96 with alilat, beezelbub and vishnu. Aside from xenoblade and persona 5, i cant remember the last time I was 50 hours in a game and still obsessed with it. I get kind of bored of jrpgs after 30 hour mark because the combat gets pretty stale. Tales of arise is a good example with spamming reigning slash spam being the best thing to do because normal enemies just having too much hp
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-11-28 at 07:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just beat shiva at 96 with alilat, beezelbub and vishnu. Aside from xenoblade and persona 5, i cant remember the last time I was 50 hours in a game and still obsessed with it. I get kind of bored of jrpgs after 30 hour mark because the combat gets pretty stale. Tales of arise is a good example with spamming reigning slash spam being the best thing to do because normal enemies just having too much hp
    Definitely agree. I started to get a little fatigued with SMT 4 towards the end, but that never happened with SMT 5.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post

Some people just like having a (optional) challenge, but since it's been 25 years of piss easy games, i think people should just give it a rest, as it's clearly not happening. It hasn't for 25 years, so i doubt there will ever a mainline game that poses any sort of challenge. They might let some devs do some spinoffs that might have atleast difficulty options, but i doubt there will ever be mainline games with either a challenge or story that is written by someone that might've finished 3rd grade.
    I think the bigger issue is that Pokemon has become progressively more hand holding with features like the automatic EXP share right out of the gate. In older games, you didn't get EXP Share until at least the midway point of the game and you had the option to turn it off if you so chose. All it did was reduce the amount of grind time if you chose to use it, it didn't invariably make the game much easier. I think what has made the game easier has been the piling on of ability types and the dual type system has made it super easy to hard counter opposing teams. So long as you have pretty much every type weakness covered across 6 Pokemon in your team, it is crazy easy

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post

Black and White 2 were only 9 years ago with their hard mode option. Dunno where you're pulling this 25 years from, clearly they tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Black and White 2 were only 9 years ago with their hard mode option. Dunno where you're pulling this 25 years from, clearly they tried it.
    The 25 years refer to Pokemon as a whole. And since Black/White were only half assed attempts at hardmode, they were clearly not any sort of focus of providing a challenge, otherwise they'd have done that a normal option (at the start)

Don't get me wrong, i'd like a challenge in Pokemon games aswell, but since they never attempted that in 25 years of the series, i don't really expect them to change that. But since there IS demand for more challenging game of that kind, there are other devs that do it instead, like Nexomon or Temtem. It's clearly not going to happen anytime soon, or atleast not in a mainline game.
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2021-11-29 at 12:16 AM.

I beat the elite four in shining pearl last night. I had more trouble with flint than Cynthia
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    SMT5 is the best game on Switch hands down. Probably the best playing turn based RPG of all time, one of the best OSTs of all time and platforming exploration unlike anything really seen before in the genre. Great art, amazing demon attack animations. I guess the one negative is the story is meh but it always is in SMT games which are always about choosing what you think is the least shitty out come, not saving the world. After all it's still just a monster collecting game where you get attached to your demons and the story characters are just a back drop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    I beat the elite four in shining pearl last night. I had more trouble with flint than Cynthia
    The Golem that used Rock Polish to sharply raise speed and then sweeped my team with Earthquake and stone edge. My team: Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor, Garchomp, Alakazam, and Gyrados. Infernape is weak to earthquake and Gyrados is weak to stone edge so even my 2 main counters got destroyed. Was surprised a single rock polish made Golem faster than Infernape. The Quagmire with leftovers and used toxic was also pretty difficult to bring down. I didn't know what type this Elite 4 leader was so I put Luxray in front. Therefore, I lost the first turn to switching him out and that probably put me behind the rest of the match. :P

I think my team is heavily Attack based, so a pokemon with high defense will be a heavy wall. Only pokemon with good special attack was my alakazam, but he easily got one shotted by Earthquake. I might just need to replace someone with a Roserade or something.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-11-29 at 11:56 PM.

Just preordered Danganronpa Decadence. Ships December 3rd in US on Amazon.

Details about the game: https://numskullgames.com/game/danganronpa-decadence/

It's a collection plus a new game so it allows one to hopefully catch up on the series. The series, I've been told, is similar to the Ace Attorney series. It's had a loyal fanbase for a while, so time to jump in for me.

An early review:

https://cogconnected.com/review/dang...adence-review/
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-11-30 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Just preordered Danganronpa Decadence. Ships December 3rd in US on Amazon.

Details about the game: https://numskullgames.com/game/danganronpa-decadence/

It's a collection plus a new game so it allows one to hopefully catch up on the series. The series, I've been told, is similar to the Ace Attorney series. It's had a loyal fanbase for a while, so time to jump in for me.

An early review:

https://cogconnected.com/review/dang...adence-review/
    The only thing it shares in common with Ace Attorney is solving murder mysteries. The gameplay and setting are so wildly different I hate that comparison.

Also the series should stay dead, it had the perfect ending in V3 the fact they are trying to milk it even with the original creator gone is meh. Ports are w/e but that shitty new fan service game can fuck off. The ending of V3 is hated by a lot of the fan base(mostly because weebs can't take being made fun of) but holy fuck, when you want to end a series that's how you end a fucking series.