10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck any relation to Pokemon Go whatsoever. Pokemon Go is a shitty Pokemon game and an alright social game. If battling, capturing, anything works like Pokemon Go I may seriously not buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belhaven View Post
    Hi, I'm logging in after 3-4 years of inactivity just to say there's no way in the frozen depths of hell for this to happen
    It does sound like a spinoff game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't believe it. It's confirmed the game is gen 8. How would another gen 1 remake be gen 8?
    It should be pointed out that nowhere official does it say we were getting Gen 8. They only said a mainline Pokemon title was coming to the Switch. We all assumed a Gen 8 game was coming due to what GameFreak has done in the past.

I also posted this when the rumors about the remakes started incoming:

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Also, doing a gen 1 reimagining would help speed up not only this reimagining (refurbishing old maps and character designs), but also the next games including the actual gen 8 games by having the gen 1 reimaginings help get the growing pains of a new engine out of the way.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Fuck any relation to Pokemon Go whatsoever. Pokemon Go is a shitty Pokemon game and an alright social game. If battling, capturing, anything works like Pokemon Go I may seriously not buy it.
    The only thing the rumors have said have changed to be more like Go was the capturing system, everything else about the games (the battling system and such is still the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Mario Tennis Aces is looking better and better and will be my main game next month.

It should be pointed out that nowhere official does it say we were getting Gen 8. They only said a mainline Pokemon title was coming to the Switch. We all assumed a Gen 8 game was coming due to what GameFreak has done in the past.

I also posted this when the rumors about the remakes started incoming:
    The only thing the rumors have said have changed to be more like Go was the capturing system, everything else about the games (the battling system and such is still the same.
    The name alone to me is a "what".

Also no. No capture system even.

Pokemon Go is a dumpster fire of a Pokemon game.
    It's okay if you pretend it's not Pokemon, but it's trash otherwise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...u2&sh=4b42fc1c

Here's a list of all the insiders teasing, leaking, or confirming the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It does sound like a spinoff game.
    It sounds like Coliseum to me. Doesnt mean it will be bad, it just wont be the ultra sun/moon replacements people are hoping for which in this quick turnover i never expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm:
    http://cdn3-www.gamerevolution.com/a...ge-640x353.jpg

Not sure if this image is real or not. It could be done in photoshop using pokemon models. Same goes for rocks.

I checked the rocks in water from X/Y, sun and moon and oras and they are different model.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...u2&sh=4b42fc1c

Here's a list of all the insiders teasing, leaking, or confirming the news.
    One thing that makes me say no to the Pokemon leak being real is this.

Pokemon Go integration
    How would that work when The Switch has no camera. Also ill take anything posted on reddit with a massive grain of salt.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It sounds like Coliseum to me. Doesnt mean it will be bad, it just wont be the ultra sun/moon replacements people are hoping for which in this quick turnover i never expected.
    I don't think a lot of people here were expecting awesome Gen 8 games. This might end up giving GameFreak more time to make the actual Gen 8 games better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm:

Not sure if this image is real or not. It could be done in photoshop using pokemon models. Same goes for rocks.

I checked the rocks in water from X/Y, sun and moon and oras and they are different model.
    The image is an almost one-to-one recreation of the small island and patch of rocks just to the south of pallet on Route 21. It does look like an early build if it's real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

How would that work when The Switch has no camera. Also ill take anything posted on reddit with a massive grain of salt.
    The best part is that the tweet to start this all off is an image of a post from 01 April. How this ever got traction will remain a mystery to me

The one thing about Go integration is trading. We could easily be able to trade Pokemon between Go and the games. Not sure what else.

Also, didn't Nintendo/GameFreak/The Pokemon Company talk about new games and Go integration or was that just Animal Crossing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    The best part is that the tweet to start this all off is an image of a post from 01 April. How this ever got traction will remain a mystery to me
    Oh then its 100% not true, I didn't even know about that.

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing about Go integration is trading. We could easily be able to trade Pokemon between Go and the games. Not sure what else.

Also, didn't Nintendo/GameFreak/The Pokemon Company talk about new games and Go integration or was that just Animal Crossing?
    I don't recall them ever talking about go Integration. If they do that with this game ill 100% not buy it. I want a actual pokemon game not some weird ass spinoff tied to the mobile one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Hmm:

That's old ass balls fake.Do some photoshopping and people are ready to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall them ever talking about go Integration. If they do that with this game ill 100% not buy it. I want a actual pokemon game not some weird ass spinoff tied to the mobile one.
    I should point out that the rumors are saying it will still be a turn-based Pokemon game. They aren't going to completely upend the competitive scene. Go integration will be trading or maybe something like Pokewalker.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say this. I fully expect a full reveal sometime by the end of the month.

I imagine the 'go style' is being taken the wrong way and you will probably have the option to flick the touchscreen while using the handheld gyroscope stuff to throw a pokeball almost like pokemonamie or in docked mode flick the right joycon like throwing cappy in odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    The same way every Nintendo rumor gets traction.

Nintendo fans never learned to not believe the "my uncle works for Nintendo" guy on the internet.

Of the hilariously bad Switch rumors of late the one I hope is true is retro's new game being a Star Fox racing game. The melt down would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't believe it. It's confirmed the game is gen 8. How would another gen 1 remake be gen 8?
    new gen just means new pokemon. if the other rumour about it being in the future they could easily handwave it or even add "kantonian forms" of pokemon. plus fire red and leaf green are the oldest games in the series that havent been remade yet, and considering this is the first new game since the anniversary it makes alot of sense for a new kanto game

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

it clearly wouldnt be a spinoff, its a sequel to yellow and the only thing that is different seems to be catching.

go integration could be as simple as "link accounts and get x pokeballs/potions"

it could be the equivalent of an amiibo, they already do things like this for preordering its not hard to believe they could do it with go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The same way every Nintendo rumor gets traction.

Nintendo fans never learned to not believe the "my uncle works for Nintendo" guy on the internet.

Of the hilariously bad Switch rumors of late the one I hope is true is retro's new game being a Star Fox racing game. The melt down would be glorious.
    serebii pretty much never posts rumours unless he knows theyre real, i remember serebii was one of the last places to post the sun and moon leaks only posting it after mallow was revealed.

if this were from any other person id be skeptical but with serebii posting it i find it hard not to believe

- - - Updated - - -

plus we all know how much a sequel to yellow on switch will make.

the switch despite it being a good console is definitely pandering to nostalgia in a big way
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

One thing I realized, 2021 is going to be not only the series' 25th anniversary, but also the 15th anniversary of gen 4.

Could GameFreak end up skipping 2020 and launching the gen 4 remakes in 2021 if they do the actual gen 8 games in 2019?

Or do they want to bring out something during the rush that is the Tokyo 2020 Olympics? Which would require another game for the 25th anniversary. Maybe the third versions of gen 8.

Mind, they did skip the 15th anniversary back in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it clearly wouldnt be a spinoff, its a sequel to yellow and the only thing that is different seems to be catching.
    Actually we don't know what it is or if its even happening cause all we have gotten is rumors posted on twitter/reddit.