Looks like Platinum Games might not be dead after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Looks like Platinum Games might not be dead after all.
    They never was...

Ontopic: Finally I get to play Majora's Mask on a modern system on my tv even if it is just a emulated N64 version. Overall the direct was solid IMO.

Also Dying Light on switch is going to be the tits.

I'm honestly not 100% surprised that Dying Light is coming to the Switch since they did originally try to get it to work on the 360/ps3 but in the end scrapped those versions. So this is neat "IMO" and I'm really looking forward to it. I wonder how much of it will be on cart.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-09-24 at 01:18 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They never was...
    Cygames apparently deemed it better to end their partnership with Platinum, scrap their 3 years of work on the Granblue game, and open their own game dev studio and make ReLink from scratch themselves. There was also Scalebound that was in development for 4 years before finally being cancelled. And then you had Bayonetta which was either in development hell or quietly cancelled. From outside appearances PG was unable to ship games and it looked like there was something wrong at the studio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cygames apparently deemed it better to end their partnership with Platinum, scrap their 3 years of work on the Granblue game, and open their own game dev studio and make ReLink from scratch themselves. There was also Scalebound that was in development for 4 years before finally being cancelled. And then you had Bayonetta which was either in development hell or quietly cancelled. From outside appearances PG was unable to ship games and it looked like there was something wrong at the studio.
    Scalebound was the last Xbox-exclusive new IP that I was really excited about. Mega disappointed when it was canned.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Great direct!

Funny how Nintendo can get good games out of platinum but others can't.

Actually it's not funny, and anyone with a brain knows why. Cygames and MS meddling in the development of their games is what led to platinum being off the project(or cancelling it in the case of scalebound).

Just let them do their thing and you get Bayonetta, Astral Chain, Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish, W101. It's not a secret when they have to deal with licenses or meddling publishers they release meh games or projects get cancelled. They only game they have successfully worked on with overhead from other people is Automata and that was good just because Yoko Taro and Platinum is a perfect match to begin with.

Also save the bs about Bayonetta 3 being in dev hell, for all you know the game is basically done and Nintendo has been sitting on it for the right moment as they constantly do with games. Platinum said months ago they where beyond ready to show the game but it was up to Nintendo. That's not a game in "dev hell". If anything Nintendo shouldn't have announced it before dev work even began, same with SMTV and MP4 but alas those where early switch days with Nintendo trying to build hype.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-24 at 03:07 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It will also be the first entry in the series to allow same sex marriage which is awesome.

https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/2...zation-blog-2/
    Sooooo harem Rune Factory when?

- - - Updated - - -

Kirby looks like it'll be a fun game. But like, why the KOTOR port of a game that's pushing two decades old now? Why even bother when the effort could have been put in to improve the graphics at least.

I'm pretty excited for Mario Party Superstars, looks like a good time. Bayonetta 3 looks great as well. Did they not show off more of Advance Wars?
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2021-09-24 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    But like, why the KOTOR port of a game that's pushing two decades old now? Why even bother when the effort could have been put in to improve the graphics at least.
    You said it yourself. Remaster would have taken effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Depends on how much, but nintendo online is already incredibly cheap for a subscription service.
    Its also incredibly -shit- for a subscription service.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It's not even necessary for most of the online games, I think there are 4 games that require it.
    It's required by every game that is online that isn't f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am now huffing the copium that I now have to wait for the february direct for xb3, at LEAST

Don't forget SMTV.

Also, honestly, hoping for Silksong early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sooooo harem Rune Factory when?

- - - Updated - - -

Kirby looks like it'll be a fun game. But like, why the KOTOR port of a game that's pushing two decades old now? Why even bother when the effort could have been put in to improve the graphics at least.

I'm pretty excited for Mario Party Superstars, looks like a good time. Bayonetta 3 looks great as well. Did they not show off more of Advance Wars?
    Well considering getting Kotor to work properly on PC through steam seems to be a hassle, having it
    on the switch where it will (presumably) work right off the bat is at least a positive aspect to it.
    But i agree, touch it up abit with HD would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish SMTV wasn't coming out a week before FF14: Endwalker. I'll probably wait to play it until after I've gotten my fill of Endwalker. Those two games will probably tide me over until Elden Ring.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I wish SMTV wasn't coming out a week before FF14: Endwalker. I'll probably wait to play it until after I've gotten my fill of Endwalker. Those two games will probably tide me over until Elden Ring.
    Same problem, though I'm definitely getting SMTV day 1. It'll just be a bit awkward when I'm 50 or so hours into it and suddenly I drop it for a week for Endwalker

So what are the chances with Banjo Kazooie shown as an upcoming n64 game on nintendos sub service that xbox may let rare replay be a switch game ?

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    So what are the chances with Banjo Kazooie shown as an upcoming n64 game on nintendos sub service that xbox may let rare replay be a switch game ?
    Not likely, the remasters are still xbox exclusive. We're more likely to get a PC port (which is still pretty unlikely).

15+ Year Old Account
    Ngl, i just want to play sin and punishment. I dont need the rest

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Given it has yet to even hit the pc or series x (rerelease and properly updated for it atleast) after over 6 years, pretty unlikely. Not to mention quite a lot of games in there were xbox only aswell.
    Wouldn't expect much of Rare to hit the Switch that isn't available yet (are there even games from them on switch post DKC?)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Given it has yet to even hit the pc or series x (rerelease and properly updated for it atleast) after over 6 years, pretty unlikely. Not to mention quite a lot of games in there were xbox only aswell.
    Wouldn't expect much of Rare to hit the Switch that isn't available yet (are there even games from them on switch post DKC?)
    Well considering how many N64 games Rareware made, and I don't think any of them have been made available for emulation on any of Nintendo's consoles. And their last Nintendo console game was Star Fox Adventures for the GC which I'm pretty sure Nintendo will never remaster even though I am of the opinion that it's one of those truly under appreciated and much maligned games by Star Fox fans.