Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I read on total war forums, that chaos will be "horde only race".. Well, I googled what it is but didn't find clear explanation what does it means. Can anyone familiar with Total War explain me, what horde race means? thank you
    New mechanic in Atilla, all forces can "raze" their territory, burn all cities and provinces to the ground and turn into a sort of nomad civilization with buildings & citizens within your armies. You can then settle somewhere more favorable or just have fun pillaging and burning everyone else while running faster than their armies can catch you.

Some forces start as hordes and have strong benefits from being horde, by the sounds of it Chaos will not be able to settle cities and will have to stay in horde-mode all the time.

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

On total war forums, most people don't like whole horde gameplay. Does it really suck? From your description it seems like pretty interesting and different way to play on strategic map but last TW i played was Medieval 2 so I am not sure. Is there something broken about it?

It would be really bad, if Chaos race would be pigeonholed into broken/boring/sucky gameplay.

Deleted
    On total war forums, most people don't like whole horde gameplay.
    The horde gameplay forces you to be very aggressive - you can't sit back and turtle. I wouldn't say it was boring - the risk might be the opposite, that it is exhausting. Some people (such as me) like building up their settlements, so wouldn't like the horde gameplay. I don't think it's broken - it can be challenging, particularly on harder difficulties if you are weak and the settled AI factions hunt you down. (I've heard mixed stories about that with the Huns in Attila).

One thing I have hard time to understand..how horde races are managing their armies? or replenish loses? Or just generate income? If they don't have permanent settlement, can they at least make camps with some buildings or something like that?

Again, sorry, I am total noob so maybe I am really asking stupid questions.

Deleted
    One thing I have hard time to understand..how horde races are managing their armies? or replenish loses? Or just generate income? If they don't have permanent settlement, can they at least make camps with some buildings or something like that?

Again, sorry, I am total noob so maybe I am really asking stupid questions.
    Every Horde is in essence a city and an army. You build buildings onto the army, and you can recruit onto the army. The downside is that if you lose the army, you lose all the buildings, and you lose in essence a chunk of your Empire, so winning battles is even more important that it is for regular styles of play.

That said, I can't wait, didn't play the Huns much in Atilla, but the Migrators were some of my favourite factions.

Yeah loved playing as the Ostrogoths and really enjoyed the play style for a change. Also don't think all of chaos will be in, chaos daemons will come later for example. But nice to see we will have a option to play with a slaanesh lord

Deleted
    Vandals were my favourite, set up a nice little kingdom in Greece, then when the time is right migrate again over the Med into Egypt.

Deleted
    It's been a while since Rome and Atilla, but were they really £50 on release? Cos thats seems to be more than any other TW game yet.

Quite offputting actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It's been a while since Rome and Atilla, but were they really £50 on release? Cos thats seems to be more than any other TW game yet.

I actually couldn't believe it. £49.99, fuck that.

Cant remember but as i spend houndreds of hours on them its not a issue for me, think it's over 600 hours on rome 2. Even got second fastest legendary arverni on twc. Messy as fuck but funny and i think it was alot easier on launch as many troops just threw themselves on your shieldwals melting away with zero casualties on your side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I actually couldn't believe it. £49.99, fuck that.
    I don't even mind the day one DLC stuff, and i've bought every other TW game at launch, but gotta agree, £50 is the kind of prices that EA charges for games that come out on the console at the same time, not for a TW game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even mind the day one DLC stuff, and i've bought every other TW game at launch, but gotta agree, £50 is the kind of prices that EA charges for games that come out on the console at the same time, not for a TW game.
    It was the fastest I went from yeah I think I'll preorder to nope not going to happen in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone cares then there is a dev post about the pre-order dlc thing.

A full game’s-worth of development resources (time, money, people) can only support a certain amount of content. In this case it works out as four playable races.

If we were to add this extra content to the main game, we’d be operating at a loss, which we wouldn’t do.

So now we have a dedicated production budget to generate DLC in support of the main games, and we assign some of that cost to helping create a really great pre-order bonus. And what’s more we can make it available to buy from day one if you don’t want to pre-order. So the advantage is there if you do put your money down early, but you don’t miss out entirely if you decide not to.

Deleted

Atilla was £35, Rome II and Shogun II I'm pretty certain were cheaper.

Warhammer is £40 to preorder physical box though http://m.zavvi.com/games/platforms/p...FRYpFgodr6MBxA

Or there's steam keys available to preorder for £28 http://uk.mmoga.net/Steam-Games/Tota...2&currency=GBP if foreign resellers are your thing.

Where are you seeing £50 as preorder?
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-11-04 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Atilla was £35, Rome II and Shogun II I'm pretty certain were cheaper.

Warhammer is £40 to preorder physical box though http://m.zavvi.com/games/platforms/p...FRYpFgodr6MBxA

Or there's steam keys available to preorder for £28 http://uk.mmoga.net/Steam-Games/Tota...ef=392¤cy=GBP if foreign resellers are your thing.

Where are you seeing £50 as preorder?
    Steam is £49.99

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks. I was totally looking forward to this game. Ill be a fucking corpse in the earth before I buy into that bullshit excuse. I'm so sick of this DLC bullshit. Its fucking sickening.

Deleted
    Steam is £49.99
    Huh, that's odd.

The physical stores are all £39.99 or £44.99, why is steam more?

Also steam is only $60USD (under £40) so why such a bad GDP price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Huh, that's odd.

The physical stores are all £39.99 or £44.99, why is steam more?

Also steam is only $60USD (under £40) so why such a bad GDP price.
    It's not the first time I've seen steam do that, as to why they do it, I have no idea, someone on the steam forums speculated something to do with taxes, god knows though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally everything in that post is absolute bullshit lol :P

He could have just said "ok we give up, Chaos Warriors are free..." Instead he gave an entire page of bullshit longwindedness about how they have limited developmental resources, so limited in fact that they can make several day one DLC's six months before the game even releases and sell them at launch :P

What a crock of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Literally everything in that post is absolute bullshit lol :P

He could have just said "ok we give up, Chaos Warriors are free..." Instead he gave an entire page of bullshit longwindedness about how they have limited developmental resources, so limited in fact that they can make several day one DLC's six months before the game even releases and sell them at launch :P

What a crock of shit.
    The bit that tickled me the most was where he said "pre order incentives drive sales". Has he been under a rock or something? everyone and their mother should know by now that these practices are frowned upon by a large portion of the gaming community, I'm not going to say a majority, but the opposition to it is the strongest I've seen it in a while. I'm really curious as to what they expected when they announced the DLC, they seem surprised that people aren't happy.