Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    178 turns for a vortex victory after conquering the Southlands with Kroq'gar on normal
    198 turns for a domination victory with Tyrion on very hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's definitely meant to last longer. The shortest campaign I've heard about has been around 150-160 turns.
    Yeah I kinda figured it was mainly me dicking off and a mix of longer campaigns. Finished it up at turn 264.

Deleted
    I hope they'll add some more naval stuff to the game, I really miss Shogun 2/Rome 2 naval battles, I think with this much water on the map, and with certain factions having super strong naval units (Black Arks), this would have been the perfect time to add building proper navies back into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is total war warhammer 1 still full price on steam now that number 2 has come out? that is beyond ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post
    The bad part is the auto resolve for that kind of army is all jacked up in favor of the rocket spammer so you have to manually fight it. Easy enough just annoying.

To those of you that have completed a campaign, how many turns did it take? I either dicked off way too much in the early/mid game or TWW2 is meant to play out longer. Currently on turn 253 and I'm almost done with the DE campaign.

Who would not want to fight that themselves anyway.

You can hardly call it annoying since it's happening like once every other game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Why is total war warhammer 1 still full price on steam now that number 2 has come out? that is beyond ridiculous.
    Because it's still selling well?

If it wasn't they'd lower the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Just wait for a sale, it was like 75% off a couple weeks ago, probably will be again in the near future.

I would think it especially likely in the next few weeks when they put out the combined map FreeLC, to give new players an incentive to buy game one and play the old factions in the new campaign.

sweet jesus the witch elves are fucking insane.

They die in droves in a head-on confrontation, but they're massively good flankers, and once they put their claws on retreating archers, their poison makes them stop running and actually fight (And die) like chumps. Definitely worth keeping a few of them.

Also, I wish the stat screen for units would show the reload speed for archers. Darkshards are supposed to have a super fast firing rate due to their crossbows, which in the lore are meant to be semi-auto crossbows. But I can't know that because there's nothing that indicates how long it takes them to make a shot.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    sweet jesus the witch elves are fucking insane.

They die in droves in a head-on confrontation, but they're massively good flankers, and once they put their claws on retreating archers, their poison makes them stop running and actually fight (And die) like chumps. Definitely worth keeping a few of them.

Also, I wish the stat screen for units would show the reload speed for archers. Darkshards are supposed to have a super fast firing rate due to their crossbows, which in the lore are meant to be semi-auto crossbows. But I can't know that because there's nothing that indicates how long it takes them to make a shot.
    If you mouse over Missile Damage on the unit card you see reload time and damage over 10 seconds?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If you mouse over Missile Damage on the unit card you see reload time and damage over 10 seconds?
    didn't know that. Thanks.

Still think that should be in the actual stat screen instead of hidden away like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I hope they'll add some more naval stuff to the game, I really miss Shogun 2/Rome 2 naval battles, I think with this much water on the map, and with certain factions having super strong naval units (Black Arks), this would have been the perfect time to add building proper navies back into the game.
    I do think they could have added naval units, to use in autoresolves.

Naval battles are pretty much right out. Not only would be crazily resource intensive given how diverse the ships of all races are, but honestly I've never liked them. If each player controls one ship it's okay, any bigger and the battles become a total mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I do think they could have added naval units, to use in autoresolves.

Naval battles are pretty much right out. Not only would be crazily resource intensive given how diverse the ships of all races are, but honestly I've never liked them. If each player controls one ship it's okay, any bigger and the battles become a total mess.
    If they added naval units to be used ONLY on autoresolves, then what'd be the point? May as well just use your normal units for that.

As for actual naval battles, they're very subjective. Some people loved them, some people hated them. Me, I'm of mixed feelings about them in general. On the one hand, the actual real time ship-v-ship combat felt clunky and boring for me, at least in Rome 2, so I can't say I miss naval battles.

But other other hand, amphibian attacks on cities were SO much fun. That's an aspect that really could and should be brought up for sieges. A lot of talk has been made on how sieges were watered down for Warhammer since you only attack from one side (unless you get one of those corner maps in which case you hit from two). But an extra layer of complexity could be added if we can hit a city by land and sea and coordinate our forces like that.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't add naval battles because Warhammer: Man o'War has/had exclusive license to naval part of Warhammer universe. I think it expires in the next year or so, so there's a chance we'll see ships in 3rd installment.

could i get TW warhammer 2 without getting 1 and understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    could i get TW warhammer 2 without getting 1 and understand it?
    Yeah you shouldn't have an issue if you have a familiarity with Total War. Even if not it won't take too long to figure it all out. Plot-wise it's all self contained, Warhammer 1 just has different sections of the world and different factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Yeah you shouldn't have an issue if you have a familiarity with Total War. Even if not it won't take too long to figure it all out. Plot-wise it's all self contained, Warhammer 1 just has different sections of the world and different factions.
    okay cool ty..i played total war even on 2nd to easiest difficulty i would still get owned so iwhne i get it i guess im playing on easiest one atleast for 1 campaign since i heard there are multiple campaigns

okay cool ty..i played total war even on 2nd to easiest difficulty i would still get owned so iwhne i get it i guess im playing on easiest one atleast for 1 campaign since i heard there are multiple campaigns
    If you need some help with battles, I've found https://www.youtube.com/user/ZerkovichVsThePeople/ this guy is pretty solid. He has a playlist of TW tactics specifically for Warhammer. So far all of his content is for WH1 but the games share almost all of their battle mechanics.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2017-10-08 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    You only need to know how to break morale.

Kill the enemy General (with your own, because yours are most likely stronger due to yours being a legendary lord), focus fire with your range units and charge into the backline with your cav.

That's how you'll win 95% of all the battles in Warhammer. (and it's fun)

The units you can build in the beginning are strong enough to get you through the end game too most of the time.

Especially if you play Dark Elves, they have the strongest range units in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    You only need to know how to break morale.

Kill the enemy General (with your own, because yours are most likely stronger due to yours being a legendary lord), focus fire with your range units and charge into the backline with your cav.

That's how you'll win 95% of all the battles in Warhammer. (and it's fun)

The units you can build in the beginning are strong enough to get you through the end game too most of the time.

Especially if you play Dark Elves, they have the strongest range units in the game.
    yes and no-

Darkshards are insanely strong, but the Lothern Sea Guards are far more versatile for almost the same price.

And the warpfire throwers from the skaven hit like a fucking truck.

Deleted
    For the same price? They cost twice as much in upkeep and they are also far less efficient against high tier units.

Darkshards kill high end units just as quickly as they kill low tier ones, because 80-90% of their damage is AP.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-08 at 06:14 PM.

Sea Guards are a poor choice early game when upkeep cost is important, but much better late game where unit limits is usually what dictates your army compositions. Their ability to fend for themselves against anything but heavy cavalry or big monsters is extremely helpful.

But when it comes to ranged units, it's hard to beat Darkshards. Shielded, good damage, Archer's arc of fire so they don't need direct LoS, and almost full AP? That's very powerful. Archers do have the range advantage, and Skaven skirmishers at better at kiting, but for cost Darkshards are amazing in both single player and multiplayer. à

Dark Elves in general are just an extremely good, well rounded faction. Good heroes? Check, Malekith is a monster, the Death Hag is also quite powerful. Good infantry? Probably the best, Corsairs, Witch Elves, Black Guards and Executioners are all very cost-effective and powerful. Good ranged? Yes as I stated. Good cavalry? Mostly, Cold Ones are good, Dark Riders can be helpful. Good monsters? War Hydra and Black Dragon say hi. Good artillery? The Bolt Thrower is pretty good in general. Good magic? They basically have the best Vortex, and Lore of Shadows is not to be underestimated either.

Every other faction has holes in their roster; HEs lack solid low and mid tier infantry as well as AP ranged, Lizards lack good skirmishers, Skaven lack good magic (apart from broken summons) and good AP infantry. So I think DEs are the best faction generally because you can build damn near anything with them, and close to their entire roster is good. But I also don't feel that they are broken or anything, in fact the balance at release is remarkably better than WH1's at release, there aren't that many broken OP or useless units.