Page 97 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Sieges better be updated!
    They have confirmed that they will, probably get more info on that soon.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This screams Nagash. There is no one else, is there?
    Nagash has little need for a champion.
    Be'lakor is indeed a pretty good guess.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Saw a suggestion in one group that this could refer to Be'lakor for Chaos Undivided faction, which makes a lot of sense. Nagash would be hard to put on the WH3-specific map, too.
    Yeah i could see Be'lakor being added for undivided.

- - - Updated - - -

Top seller on steam atm lol

This game is going to sell crazy amounts of copies.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Top seller on steam atm lol

This game is going to sell crazy amounts of copies.
    CA have re-built their reputation quite nicely after the Rome 2 disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    CA have re-built their reputation quite nicely after the Rome 2 disaster.
    Hehe yeah true, they also showed they can make different games like alien isolation. I hope they someday try make a 40K game too. Or Alien Isolation 2 would also be amazing absolutely loved the first.

I'm in it. Katarin Bokha, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    yeah I saw a post complaining about the game being Kislev and 4 daemon factions.
    People are stupid.
    I would have agreed earlier today but thinking it over I think its sadly might be, I feel like the undived faction will be a pre-order bonus likely. And that C-dwarfs and Ogres will be like added in like other factions such as Tomb Kings where, I now think not all warhammer 3 'races' will be in day one, as that would oly leave dlc lords and unit packs for the rest of the warhammer 3 cycle.

I do hope I am wrong and a C-dwarfs vs Ogres trailer hits sooner than later.

Edit: missed you did not mean cathay also x) I am pretty 99% cathay and kislev with the 4 demon factions is the day one release with likley undivided somehwere.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Which means time flies and I am getting old. In that case, bring me WH3!
    No means that developers are pushing out squeals for the money grab rather than developing games to their fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    And here I was calling there's no way in hell CA could possibly not tap into Chinese market with Cathay, especially after 3K's success.

This might be the first game in a good while I buy at launch.
    Chasing the Chinese dollar has to be done properly or it can backfire spectacular. You just have to look at the Mulan debacle.

Wonder if they add duels too both 3 kingdoms and troy have them. Battlemaps also looks great in troy so perhaps a improvement in that area too.

And improved diplomacy is likely too.

See that's why its good they release other titles as testing grounds, nah but they do some stuff better hey can take from.

Welp, gotta eat my words, no Chaos stunties or hungry chunkies at launch. Perhaps one of them is the pre-order bonus, but if Norsca is any indication Race Packs only feature 2 LLs and both these factions have more, but the simple fact that the map is said to be stonking huge (twice that of the Vortex!) means that a sizeable portion of the Darklands will be in, and they'll need something to fill it up besides placeholders.

Cathay is great news. Spare me the "muh pandering to china", people, folks have been asking for them for ages and I can't wait to see terrocota armies, palace guards in lacquered armor and jade dragons rip and tear on the battlefield.

Also, they kept the 9th LL a mystery (assuming there's 2 for Kislev, 2 for Cathay, and one for each god). My guess is Be'lakor as he ties into the game's themes, he may be the endgame challenge of the other races but you can play as him ala Archaon. Nagash is also possible, but he would require so much work to be done justice and doesn't tie into the Chaos vs humans narrative, so he'll definitely be DLC as I see it.

What are people itching for a first playthrough? I'm veering towards either Kislev or Nurgle, depending on their campaign mechanics. I really, really hope the Chaos factions aren't pure Hordes, hopefully CA has learned that this design just doesn't work very well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    What are people itching for a first playthrough? I'm veering towards either Kislev or Nurgle, depending on their campaign mechanics. I really, really hope the Chaos factions aren't pure Hordes, hopefully CA has learned that this design just doesn't work very well.
    Kislev for sure just love the faction and Katarin Bokha, her lore is pretty tragic too as she is very young in her 20's or so and inherited a huge responibility after her father went missing and kislev is also the first bastion againt chaos. Not a easy task for her but she's also one of the strongest ice witches.

Plus she looks fucking badass in the trailer.

Chaos Dwarf > Ogre Kingdoms > Grand Father Nurgle or Slaanesh.

Kislev first, Papa Nurgle second, chaos dwarves third.

The others I'll get around to at some point but none overly interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No means that developers are pushing out squeals for the money grab rather than developing games to their fullest.
    I honestly cannot say this regarding development of WH2. Creative Assembly has pushed out a lot of content for it, both reasonably priced paid and free (including old race reworks). There is going to be one more DLC this year, even with the WH3 coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Sadly, there are no factions in TW3 that have really caught my eye. However, I'm really looking forward to when the mega-map for all three games is released, which is probably when I'll pick the game up. Just like Vortex, the 3rd campaign doesn't interest me, but a giant map to sandbox in sound super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Kislev for sure just love the faction and Katarin Bokha, her lore is pretty tragic too as she is very young in her 20's or so and inherited a huge responibility after her father went missing and kislev is also the first bastion againt chaos. Not a easy task for her but she's also one of the strongest ice witches.

Plus she looks fucking badass in the trailer.
    I wonder who the other LL is, given that it sounds like her dad got himself killed. But the ice queen is the safest bet so far for a first playthrough, just gonna have to shoo Let It Go out of my head every time I play as her.

I'd like to play Khorne as well as Nurgle, but I'm worried the roster is going to be too one-dimensional. I like badass melee units as much as the next Warhammer nerd, but when you can't even have magic as support it risks all becoming one-note. We'll see when the rosters are revealed.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The other LL appears to be Yuri, who Katarina was writing a letter to in the trailer. If you pause and zoom in, certain words are bolded which say Yuri is the daemon Prince.

Others with more knowledge of the lore pointed this out. - there is a character in the Kislev lore, a Yuri who is a good friend of Katarina, who takes a red gem from a defeated chaos warrior and starts to get corrupted by it.

I wonder who the other LL is, given that it sounds like her dad got himself killed. But the ice queen is the safest bet so far for a first playthrough, just gonna have to shoo Let It Go out of my head every time I play as her.

I'd like to play Khorne as well as Nurgle, but I'm worried the roster is going to be too one-dimensional. I like badass melee units as much as the next Warhammer nerd, but when you can't even have magic as support it risks all becoming one-note. We'll see when the rosters are revealed.
    She's also crazy strong in lore and im pretty sure in the trailer that it's her that made all the land covered in snow and blizzards where they fight as they are supposed to be fighting near cathay as we can see the pieces on the map at the end and i doubt it's supposed to be cold and snowy there. Pretty crazy if it's so.

Unless of course they are fighting in kislev and the peices are where they are supposed to go.

She did the same to stop grimgors massive army going for kislev in the lore creating a huge blizzard killing thousands of greenskins forcing grimgor to turn away.

No idea about second lord perhaps her brother but dont think he's that noticeable.

Yeah one of the chaos factions will be my second playthrough, no idea what probably depend on what lords they get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The other LL appears to be Yuri, who Katarina was writing a letter to in the trailer. If you pause and zoom in, certain words are bolded which say Yuri is the daemon Prince.

Others with more knowledge of the lore pointed this out. - there is a character in the Kislev lore, a Yuri who is a good friend of Katarina, who takes a red gem from a defeated chaos warrior and starts to get corrupted by it.
    Yeah good call could be.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-04 at 12:44 AM.

I donno, I'd still go with Tzar Boris on his bear as the 2nd lord, he was the other named character for the Kislev Army list.

Tho they could create a new character, now that they are doing Cathay the sky is the limit apparently.