Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I mean, there's no challenge or epicness is getting a legendary in GW2; there is no going down into King Raithwall's tomb or what not, dodging demon walls and fighting super powerful guardians to loot his magic sword gifted to the king by the gods. There is no epic quest to infiltrate Ravenholdt and uncover the mystery behind the Black Prince's old god enchanted daggers.

You literally get a 'legendary' by doing anything and praying to the RNG gods - an old veteran might've been playing every day since launch and have never seen a legend drop (as what has happened to Bhagpuss and several other GW2 bloggers), while a new guy who just got the game from the 75% off sales can get it from killing a rat in a starter zone.

Valyrian, you're confusing precursors for legendaries; and while the precursor is the "hardest" (and by hardest I really mean most obnoxious) part of the legendary, it's still a far cry from precursor dropping to finished legendary. The biggest problem with legendaries is the fact that it's possible (and probable!) to have the real work of the legendary complete (all the Gifts), and then have to wait forever for RNJesus to smile on you, or spend an arm, a leg, and your firstborn on the precursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You literally get a 'legendary' by doing anything and praying to the RNG gods - an old veteran might've been playing every day since launch and have never seen a legend drop (as what has happened to Bhagpuss and several other GW2 bloggers), while a new guy who just got the game from the 75% off sales can get it from killing a rat in a starter zone.
    Legendaries don't drop, exotic items known as "precursors" that are used to craft legendaries do, however. You know, sort of like the Bindings that dropped off of Baron Geddon. (That Essence of the Fire Lord, tho.)

To be fair, a veteran who hasn't seen a precursor drop would be able to afford whichever one they want within a few months. (Heck, I was able to afford two zaps in 10 months, and I find my grinding style to be relatively casual) Also, a new guy who just got the game would not be able to obtain a precursor drop (assuming they are are still levels 1-15 like they normally would be if they are leveling in a starting zone.) There is a certain level requirement that your character needs to reach before it can start RNJesus-ing up some exotics.

Yes, the RNG sucks, it's atleast getting addressed in the new expansion. You will be able to do a scavenger hunt that guarantees you your precursor. But the whole precursor-legendary-dream isn't the desolate wasteland of RNG that people make it out to be.
    Last edited by Sohalia; 2015-04-30 at 10:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    And obviously you don't know what game we're talking about, as there is no "unfair power increase" in GW2
    Given that it does not give you an unfair advantage, I'm obviously not opposed to it in GW.

Logic is fun =D
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

It's becoming increasingly common these days. I think the era of online MMO is over, maybe?

Deleted
    I don't really give a crap.

If it gave the person a huge advantage in gameplay, I'd be pissed. But that's not the case in GW2, so w/e :3 I can imagine some people want to speed up things, or maybe they have very little time to play. Then why not. Lazy people usually quit anyway so I don't mind those either.

Quote Originally Posted by Marah View Post
    It's becoming increasingly common these days. I think the era of online MMO is over, maybe?
    ...wat?

I guess the era of FPS and just about any other online game is over now as well, since people can buy cosmetic weapon/armor/item skins with the swipe of a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Marah View Post
    So it's going to what, the offline MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.