Deleted

Mythic Maidens: Need some help with last phase

Logs-> https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/frqdTLC9Np7YgJaw

We have most things under control (apart from minor fails here and there). On our good tries we manage to kill Marak but then we kinda hit a wall. The thing that causes most wipes is the tank on sorka and/or the blade dash soaker getting one-shot by it. Then tornadoes go all over the place and people just die. We are trying to figure out a way to avoid it but I'm not sure how. Like when our disc gets rapid fire and he can't cast CoW it gets worse.

We have our blood DK tanking Marak and prot Pala on Sorka during that last phase. First of all, is the blade dash damage avoidable by the tank cos our tanks say it isn't? Does the pala need better cooldown rotation for the blade dash? Do we really need external CD on both tanks for the entire phase cos that seems a bit insane (we're rotating CD's on DK while Marak is alive). Do you think making the 2nd priest going disc as well is a good idea? Also, should we kill Sorka after Marak is dead? My issue with that is that Garan is always much lower than Sorka when Marak dies due to passive cleaves.

And the last thing is, I'm aware of the 3-boat strat but we don't feel it would be beneficial changing strat when we're so close to a kill. So I would love getting tips/suggestions related to the strat we use and our problems (which like I said is mainly the tank dying to blade dash in last phase).

Thanks in advance for your time, feel free to ask if you want any more specific information.

Deleted
    Well; you can deal with it during phase 1 certainly, it can be blocked dodged and parried. But the best way is to just let your sorka tank get the marak debuff so they don't take extra damage. During the Marak burn phase, I recommend your Sorka tank take all the full crystalized blood ritauls so that your Marak tank doesn't lose any shields they have as well as losing their own debuff. However, once Marak is dead, the Sorka tank will have no options and will need to use personals to survive it as well as receiving attention from your disc priest. I noticed your paladin used a personal CD while Marak was alive for example, that's not a good idea, he should save it till Marak is dead and he has no options.

Also, your warlock will need externals and personals after around the time Marak is dead because not even a full clarity of will is enough due to the damage buff from Sorka, so rotate vigilance, pain supression, hand of sacrifice etc on them.

A second disc priest is probably good, we did it with two, the healing in phase 1 is really not high at all so you'd not lose too much and it allows them to make the second phase a bit easier in my opinion. Just remember who they need to focus. In phase 2, give shields to the warlock and the blood ritual target. Once Marak dies, to the warlock and the sorka tank, as well as personals to them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The warlock and the Sorka tank need either personals or externals for every blade dash after marak dies. If your marak tank is smart and your marak burn solid you should be able to get away with only using a few CDs to survive sanguine strikes. There wasn't much better place to use it so we started the marak burn with a disc barrier on the marak tank. Then used a pain suppression, then the tanks personals. Marak should be dead when this is done. Save your sacs, vigis, etc for the lock and pally. Also, how well you handle your "push" is important too. Make sure you're not pushing marak while garan or sorka are at 24% or some crap. Get them as close to 20 as humanly possible then push. We bring them all low, have All of our dps target marak. We wait for the next ability to go out (Heatseeker, blade dash, blood ritual, rapid fire) and allow the mechanic to be handled. Then 3-2-1 burn lust pots etc. Ignore the first turret regardless where it spawns. Subsequent turrets make a judgment call whether you need to kill them or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and we did close to 100 pulls with a disc priest and a holy priest. We swapped to 2x disc and got the kill about ten pulls later.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

We had well over 100 wipes trying it with two boats. We just always had deaths from blade dash and then tornadoes spiraled out of control. We switched to three boat, spent ~10 wipes getting the new boat down and then killed it shortly after. I'd strongly recommend three boating if you are having issues with blade dash one shots.

Note: We didn't have a lock so you may have less issues than we did. Hunters just too squish.

Deleted
    Is there a way to track if you are the "Blade dash" target with weak auras?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappyname View Post
    Is there a way to track if you are the "Blade dash" target with weak auras?
    She will only blade dash one person, which is the warlock you assign at the start, and only anyone else if your warlock goes into the raid, or dies, or somehow gets the blood ritual cast on him, but your raid should take care of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    She will only blade dash one person, which is the warlock you assign at the start, and only anyone else if your warlock goes into the raid, or dies, or somehow gets the blood ritual cast on him, but your raid should take care of that.
    Sure. I'm only concerned for the last phase when everything gets a little messy.
    The last (and first) time we've killed them, during the last burst i got targeted by her blade dash and didn't noticed it. Got 1shotted without using any CD.