Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Im genuinely scared for the future of MMO's

The responses that i read on forums/MMO genuinely scares me.
    Its funny to read the responses from both sides of the game

LFR players think that Hardcore players aren't entitled to anything because only 1% of the playerbase get to do that content...asif mythic is gated by some all powerful thing that stops someone from doing it.

Hardcore players think that LFR (casual) players aren't entitled to anything because they don't put the effort in.

Why can't we back to the balance where there was 2 Difficulties
    Normal - for the lesser skilled players
    Heroic - for the hardcore crowd

Why do we have 4 different difficulties of content - we have LFR which im assuming is for players who are just starting out the game
    Then we have normal which is for players who have played the game for a few months and just starting to understand their rotations/mechanics
    Then we have heroic where players start to begin perfecting their rotations whilst starting avoid some mechanics
    Then we have mythic where players have perfected their rotations - Perfected avoiding mechanics whilst doing 100% rotation.

Like when you were playing back in BC did anyone ever think there would come a time where black temple had an LFR mode a normal mode a heroic mode and then a mythic mode? doesn't that sounds strange?

Yet people loved the game when it was like that? They actually stuck around for a long time because there was a good reason too.
    Ghostcrawler and ion hazzikostas said it himself - Most players take breaks from wow - they log in during a new patch - do all the content in it's easiest form then leave. And then people wonder why there isn't content in the game?

Did people complain about there not being enough content in BC? or Wotlk?
    Blizzard have dug themselves a hole in which the content they produce is churned through so easily by the vast majority that they need to keep creating really really simple content....instead of making engaging content - that lasts more than 2 weeks to do.

Idk - surely im not the only one who thinks like this?

Is the WoW community really that afraid of difficult content?
    Like why does 95% of the playerbase REFUSE to want any difficult content? i just don't get it.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-05-16 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Why can't we back to the balance where there was 2 Difficulties
    Because you can't give someone something just the way they want, then take it away and expect them to be fine with it. Remember what happened with Cata heroic dungeons? Even if normal dungeons were there, they had to nerf heroics because people who had access to heroic dungeons before didn't decide to do the necessary stuff to complete a higher difficulty.

If we never had LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic before (like in TBC), a two difficulty system could perhaps still work but once you have a difficulty tailored for a specific group of people, removing it leaves a gap -like how 10m Wrath difficulty ended up being deemed needed and came back as Normal mode.

Yet another LFR-bashing thread in disguise.

I would argue that being forced to be part of a guild and work off schedules and whatnot turns way more people off than the difficulty. If they are going to continue to insist that raiding is the end all be all of content, then it makes sense to have multiple variations that cater to as many different kinds of people as possible. Raid finder allows people to play whenever they want, as whatever spec they want, without having to worry too much about annoying little brats telling them to do something different. And yes, the model worked back then, but they are tired of making all this raid content for a very tiny percentage of the players to experience, so deal with it.

LFR players think that Hardcore players aren't entitled to anything because only 1% of the playerbase get to do that content...
    Nope. The 1% who are doing mythic gets fancy titles, mounts and other exclusive stuff as a reward, and LFR players are totally fine with it. It's the elitist-fascist assholes who think they know better and troll the forums who are telling the lies you're parroting as facts.

Why do we have 4 different difficulties of content
    Because people aren't binary. Skill level of all players is spread on bell curve where most are mediocre and there are as many good players as there are bad players. Becaue of different skill levels there need to be different difficulty levels to cater to every part of that bell curve. Check out here for more precise explanation.

Yet people loved the game when it was like that?
    They didn't know better and didn't have any alternatives. Now that we do know better, there's no reason to revert into inferior system.

Did people complain about there not being enough content in BC? or Wotlk?
    Yes, a lot.

For the 1% raiders there was 11 month break between Black Temple and Sunwell which killed hundreds of guilds, more than any other content drought since. For the less skilled ones doing 10mans there was only Karazhan and Zul'aman released during whole expansion which was nowhere nearly enough.

In WLK there was 12 month break between ICC and Cataclysm with no new content (Ruby Sanctum wasn't considered to be content by many since it was just one boss killed in a day).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    yep ..
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the kind of thing that happens when a company become overly corporate and less interested in delivering an engaging gaming experience.

LFR and Flex exists because they're targeted difficulties and structures that are aimed at groups that were probably considered high risk for unsubbing. i.e. casuals who don't have anything else to do at max level and ex-raiders looking for nostalgic raiding trips but without the time commitment.
    The best thing for the game from an enjoyment perspective is to simply let those people leave rather than continue catering for them at the design cost of what the game originally stood for. But Blizzard will never eat that sub loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~ snip a pile of nonsense ~

why is your thread title saying you are scared for the future of MMO's when you only ramble on about WoW? Are you too afraid to use English properly? Or is it, that your thread is only another rant that would fit just fine in any other anti LFR thread?

Like why does 95% of the playerbase REFUSE to want any difficult content? i just don't get it.
    Talking out of your ass much?
    Did you clear the content on Mythic yet?
    Did you read the interview with Watcher?
    And do you have anything better to do than trying to tell others how they have to play the game?
    Word of advice.... Grow up and get a life... really..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Yes, a lot.

For the 1% raiders there was 11 month break between Black Temple and Sunwell which killed hundreds of guilds, more than any other content drought since. For the less skilled ones doing 10mans there was only Karazhan and Zul'aman released during whole expansion which was nowhere nearly enough.

In WLK there was 12 month break between ICC and Cataclysm with no new content (Ruby Sanctum wasn't considered to be content by many since it was just one boss killed in a day).
    Certainly wasn't my experience in wrath. ICC was a very good raid and never got saturated when you could only run it in two difficulties a week and even then most guilds didn't do 10 man. TOGC was still relevant in the days gear itemisation and stat balance varied wildly so it wasn't just a matter of picking the highest ilevel, Ulduar drake runs were popular as they also gave 310% mount speed, Naxx undying runs were popular, everyone ran VoA and the weekly raid quest every week in pugs. Then there was the fact that Achievements were relatively new and dungeon finder brand new which both brought a whole new dynamic for small things to do in the game. I don't remember any major guilds on my realm collapsing during that content gap when 3 months into cata they were almost all wiped out.
    Definitely don't remember people complaining about getting bored of ICC on a large scale, it was easier for guilds to put on raids after 11 months of ICC than it is now after 4 of BRF.

Deleted
    Yes, a lot.

Nope there was close to nonone who complained about lack of content. Hell even my guild killed heroic Lich King like 6 weeks befor Cata so we didnt really run out of things to do. Not to mention PvP state of the game was fun as hell. You just made up stats to defend Blizzard direction of the game (easy desing is best way) where everything is so easy that you can faceroll trought it in like few weeks then you get bored becouse there is no content to do. And no players would not leave if game would become more difficult. They would actuly stayed subbed for bigger perioid of time in order to defeate content.

Couldn't agree more OP.

But count the posters that disagree with you. It's not only Blizzards fault the games turning to shit. A lot of people seem to agree that the game is going in the right directkon. Now thats a scary thought.

Most players want to play a game to enjoy themselves, relax a bit, maybe have some fun with friends, so they stick to content they can handle without too much frustration, faceplanting into the figurative "brick wall" of a boss in a mythic raid several dozen times just doesn't appeal to many people, it's a bit like sports: loads of people like kicking a ball around or whatever, but very few people have the motivation to go into pro sports, the main difference is that the sports people don't want the amateur leagues shut down to feed their own egos...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Nope there was close to nonone who complained about lack of content. Hell even my guild killed heroic Lich King like 6 weeks befor Cata so we didnt really run out of things to do. Not to mention PvP state of the game was fun as hell. You just made up stats to defend Blizzard direction of the game (easy desing is best way) where everything is so easy that you can faceroll trought it in like few weeks then you get bored becouse there is no content to do. And no players would not leave if game would become more difficult. They would actuly stayed subbed for bigger perioid of time in order to defeate content.
    Wake Up call, PPL want easy content, if they can't kill a boss in 2 weeks time they quit. And this for me it's a mirror of the new mindset of players. They want the best gear with 0 effort. And i like the other way around. I like to kill a boss and actually have the felling of a achive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Most players want to play a game to enjoy themselves, relax a bit, maybe have some fun with friends, so they stick to content they can handle without too much frustration, faceplanting into the figurative "brick wall" of a boss in a mythic raid several dozen times just doesn't appeal to many people, it's a bit like sports: loads of people like kicking a ball around or whatever, but very few people have the motivation to go into pro sports, the main difference is that the sports people don't want the amateur leagues shut down to feed their own egos...
    For those ppl they have HC raids with are nice have a challange but it requires a different mindset. You will wippe, you will have to get better and better to down it, and thats the fun of it.

I am not, so please do go in some dark corner and cower OP.

Deleted
    "Genuinely scared for the future of MMOs" - mentions no other MMO than World of Warcraft. Also, gotta love made up stats

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The 1% who are doing mythic gets fancy titles, mounts and other exclusive stuff as a reward, and LFR players are totally fine with it. It's the elitist-fascist assholes who think they know better and troll the forums who are telling the lies you're parroting as facts.

Because people aren't binary. Skill level of all players is spread on bell curve where most are mediocre and there are as many good players as there are bad players. Becaue of different skill levels there need to be different difficulty levels to cater to every part of that bell curve. Check out here for more precise explanation.

They didn't know better and didn't have any alternatives. Now that we do know better, there's no reason to revert into inferior system.

Yes, a lot.

Yeah this was the biggest problem with TBC while it had some interesting features, the biggest problem was that if you were a 10man guild tough if you wanted to progress past Kara and ZA to do SSC, Gruuls Lair, Mags Lair, BT, TK, BFMH and Sunwell as they were all 25man and well the only way back then was to poach players from other guilds or to merge with another guild..

As there was no such features like Xrealm and so on so poaching was really bad back then.. Also from what I had heard back then that Mu'ru the second to last boss in Sunwell was supposedly the guild killer not sure why but was said to be so..

I'm not bashing on LFR at all in this thread.
    For the guy who asked im 9/10 mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marren17 View Post
    "Genuinely scared for the future of MMOs" - mentions no other MMO than World of Warcraft. Also, gotta love made up stats
    What made up stats?
    The majority of the playerbase ATM don't see mythic content?
    Ironically the majority of the playerbase seem to complain that theres not enough content?

And i still refer back to my original statement of Why is the playerbase so scared of difficult and engaging content?

Why do people not want to put effort into this game anymore? When did this weird idea come about that people should be just given easy content? It won't last? Blizzard are digging themselves a massive hole.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-05-16 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Dont say anything negative or critical about LFR here or you will get jumped by everyone, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Yep seems like another 'wow has gone to casual' load of shit.
    Gotta say though , if you genuinely scared for computer games, get some therapy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post
    Dont say anything negative or critical about LFR here or you will get jumped by everyone, it seems.
    There is no 'seems' about it.
    The majority know using lfr as a scapegoat is fucking pathetic and lame to use as an excuse.Its getting old and boring now.

Deleted
    This is what I was referring to. Where did you get this percentage from? Trade chat? General WoW forums?