Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    22,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard said the last raid would have a heavy Legion pressence. If only there was a way to determine if Hellfire Citadel had Legion stuff in it...
    I think i saw few guys who for some reason painted themselves dark gray/green. If that could be any indicator......

  2. #42
    Overall WoD should have been a gigantic Caverns of Time zone.
    Just go through all the events as they have already happened, not some alternative reality path.
    Eventually just leading to the point where Outland begins including Medivh impact on the things.
    Would have been much better promotion for the movie instead of what we have now, 2 alternative realities with minor differences how things happened.
    Also i recall Alleria and Turalyon being mentioned while WoD was in development. Think they were scrapped since not a single foot print has been seen once again.
    I mean they done CoT 5mans, they've done CoT5 man clusters, they've done CoT raids.. Why not just entire CoT expansion.
    We would have had stories to fill 4 major content patches and recycle all of the major characters. 6.3 could have even handled Illidan's arrival and his alliance.
    And still end up where Gul'dan ends up and build the next expac from there on out.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    ...
    July 2015 Patch 6.2
    December 2015 Patch 7.0
    January-Februrary 2016 Expansion Release
    ...
    6.2 in June
    7.0 in Sept./Octo.

  4. #44
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,435
    Quote Originally Posted by darkquantum View Post
    6.2 in June
    7.0 in Sept./Octo.
    If 7.0 is in Sep/Oct then I'm unsubbing as soon as it's announced and not coming back. Paying $50 for an expansion with ONE content patch (whene even the maligned Cataclysm had 4) is something that happens once, and once only. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

  5. #45
    We still have a LOT to do in this xpac... and people are killing it allready?

    We STILL have some places we havent gone yet... like this islands:




    So, we have a mission going to Farlon Island with the boats and shit, so we WILL know it is there... and we will hop in and go there and do something raidish for 6.3

    There is also the thing that the portal is being reconstructed: it could be a gateway to: A) AU Azeroth, B) MU Azeroth, C) Not-a-cow-level...


    So, thinking marketwise, the same way we saw all those mythic horde warlords, it could be time to see all the Azeroth ones (even if it is in a limited even, at a limited location and not a revamp of the whole azeroth area). It was Just an idea based on marketing wise, nothing else... They can easy make 2 or 3 more patches with this xpac, so i dont belive this will be the last. I belive that Blizz want to make something big to happen...

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    22,289
    Yes and blizzard pretty much denied existence of those places after release. Its just that they were too lazy to fix that map.

  7. #47

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Again, given how many characters comes back from dead only to die in Hellfire citadel 2.0, and the fact that we are fighting archimonde (again, but this time without trees) its safe to assume they are concluding WoD main storyline. Given how much they were evading the Farahlon (and ended with stance of "we don't have any plans with it yet) and how much time they took to add taanan its also quite possible there won't be any more zones added. Unless farahlon is literally the size of timeless isle.

    Add to that, that last raid of expansion always have build up. Now you may argue that Void has a build up...and almost all of that got axed. Whatever was supposed to happen to kargath got removed. Cho'gall dies with no real explanation on what ? why ? and his horde of "totally not a falmer from skyrim" orcs probably crawled back from when he found them (did they even ever existed in MU ?). Oh and ner'zhul bites the dust. So unless we gonna have alot of setbacks and smug looks literally everyone in void-raid would be just a random nobody.

    As for gul'dan and

    Everyone he had either betrayed him in lulziest way possible or died (or will die in 6.2). This guy has nothing, he is basically a joke character. The best he can do now is decapitate himself and hope his skull will corrupt someone.

    And last but not least, comes not so lore (and subjective) reason of blizzard kinda not being happy with WoD. I mean all the issues that lead to sub loss cannot be solved with patch (especially seeing that 6.2 doesn't really adress many issues) and will need new expansion.
    See I disagree. There's a few plot holes around what you said. We have no idea what happened to Ner'zhul, there's a lot of speculation going around that he's not really dead, which is very understandable being as his physical body died in MU but still became the Lich King. Ner'zhul is a lot stronger than to just die off in a 5 man. I'd be very disappointed if they just killed him off like that. Gul'dan has the possibility of not actually being alone. We have no idea what or where he's channeling to during the Archimonde encounter. Kil'jaeden is also missing from this patch. And Blizzard has said things like "we don't have plans for it currently" in the past and then it shows up. Farahlon isn't completely out of the picture and the quote could easily be a "we don't have anything to share at this time." except that the first one shuts people up about it and makes it so they aren't expecting it when it actually makes it.

    Now I agree that there has to be ramp up, but there's plenty of other things that could cause ramp up, just because it's irrelevant to someone or someone doesn't care about that direction of the story doesn't mean that it doesn't have its own standing(ie Wrathion). Not to mention that random nobodies make up the majority of most raids lol? Even end tier raids. Only lore characters in ICC were Arthas, Sindragosa, Saurfang, and the Blood Council. Only lore character in Dragon Soul was Deathwing. Siege of Orgrimmar had a bunch more because it was literally a faction of a faction that we've been a part of for a while(or not for alliance).

    Again we have no idea what's going on. It being a 2 raid expansion or it being a 4 raid expansion(unlikely) is all speculation. There has been no confirmation from Blizzard that this is going to be a 2 tier/2 major patch expansion the only thing they said was "MIGHT" which is only a possibility. Frankly I don't care. I just want to get out of this, so far, shitty and boring expansion. Also we need fungal whales.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    22,289
    You know what else is garrison mission ? Heathstone tournament. Just because there are garrison missions there doesn't mean it will be playable area.

    Also, for a love of god, no ner'zhul version 2.064 beta amp 4-6. This guy died so many times already, bringing him back just so he can turn into even bigger joke is pointless. Just finish this expansion with archi and go home.

    As for K'J im 100% sure he won't make apperance. They are saving his MU version for a big boss for later and ruining that by killing his AU version would be just idiotic.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2015-05-19 at 10:18 PM.

  10. #50
    Titan Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Multicultural Orgrimmar
    Posts
    11,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think i saw few guys who for some reason painted themselves dark gray/green. If that could be any indicator......
    Botani raid confirmed.

  11. #51
    Elemental Lord Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    It'd be hard to make an abbreviated version of Warcraft I. It was a 1994 RTS. The story boiled down to: bad guys invade from another dimension, Medivh was a traitor, Stormwind is destroyed. Unlike Warcraft II, it didn't get any novels or anything to expand it. The closest is the Last Guardian, which is more of a side story.
    Well, that there is the abbreviated version actually - I mean, there were story missions and everything running along both campaigns in the actual game, and various ones of those are adapted into the actual canon narrative post-WC2. I imagine that what's the movie will be - re-telling those events, focusing on the important figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Botani raid confirmed.
    If only. I love those guys.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2015-05-19 at 11:13 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    We still have a LOT to do in this xpac... and people are killing it allready?

    We STILL have some places we havent gone yet... like this islands:




    So, we have a mission going to Farlon Island with the boats and shit, so we WILL know it is there... and we will hop in and go there and do something raidish for 6.3

    There is also the thing that the portal is being reconstructed: it could be a gateway to: A) AU Azeroth, B) MU Azeroth, C) Not-a-cow-level...


    So, thinking marketwise, the same way we saw all those mythic horde warlords, it could be time to see all the Azeroth ones (even if it is in a limited even, at a limited location and not a revamp of the whole azeroth area). It was Just an idea based on marketing wise, nothing else... They can easy make 2 or 3 more patches with this xpac, so i dont belive this will be the last. I belive that Blizz want to make something big to happen...
    What a nice old map. Man they must have cut the new one.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They already said WoD is a two part expansion months ago. Those questions will probably be answered in the second part of 'WoD'.

    And I'm pretty sure Cho'gall's master is Archimonde. It's a dark black void and he gets summoned via a black gate.
    There is no 2 part anything. Blizzard said they wanted the final events of the xpacs to lead into each other from now on and MoP is where it starts not wod. Garrosh story arc sets up and leads into WoD and whoever they choose in WoD, their story arc will lead into the next xpac, my guess is Gul'dan. The next xpac isnt going to be wod part two.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know what else is garrison mission ? Heathstone tournament. Just because there are garrison missions there doesn't mean it will be playable area.

    Also, for a love of god, no ner'zhul version 2.064 beta amp 4-6. This guy died so many times already, bringing him back just so he can turn into even bigger joke is pointless. Just finish this expansion with archi and go home.

    As for K'J im 100% sure he won't make apperance. They are saving his MU version for a big boss for later and ruining that by killing his AU version would be just idiotic.
    Is everyone you don't like a joke to you? lol, I mean that's no argument at all.

    Ner'zhul is arguably the strongest Shaman in exsistance, dead or alive. Finishing the expansion with Archimonde explains nothing to this entire story. While a shitty expansion, it has a pretty decent story OVERALL, they're not going to just end it with everything unexplained like that.

  15. #55
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    22,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Is everyone you don't like a joke to you? lol, I mean that's no argument at all.

    Ner'zhul is arguably the strongest Shaman in exsistance, dead or alive. Finishing the expansion with Archimonde explains nothing to this entire story. While a shitty expansion, it has a pretty decent story OVERALL, they're not going to just end it with everything unexplained like that.
    He also is really prone of dying. And losing mental battles against spoiled human prince. And being made into bitch of some yelling asshole. And being barely able to defend himself from a player in SMV. And losing his trumph card after leaving it unguarded, trying to act like he is some hot shit. And then dying in 5 man. There is X amount of failures after which character becomes a joke character. Ner'zhul, gorefiend and few other crossed that line.

  16. #56
    Titan Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Multicultural Orgrimmar
    Posts
    11,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ner'zhul is arguably the strongest Shaman in exsistance, dead or alive. Finishing the expansion with Archimonde explains nothing to this entire story. While a shitty expansion, it has a pretty decent story OVERALL, they're not going to just end it with everything unexplained like that.
    No, this expansion did not have a decent story OVERALL. And aside from crackpot theories as to whether or not Ner'zhul is really, really, really, for sure dead, there's not much to go off from. Especially considering we've seen the Cho'gall and Kargath void-esque plotline cut.

    There's also the fact that this expansion has attempted to put the focal point on the Legion. Why in the Hell would a Void Ner'zhul plotline end what could be classified as a Legion expansion?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by newpower View Post
    6.2 is the last content patch for WoD there is still ppl that dosent know that omg ...
    I know right? Blizz is trying to finish this terrible expac as quick as possible.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

  18. #58
    I am Murloc! Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    5,525
    Why are people saying that 6.2 is the last content patch in WoD? It's not.

    Don't you people remember, months ago, when Blizzard confirmed that Grommash would be the expansion's final boss?
    I hate to break it to you, but he's not a boss in Hellfire Citadel.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Why are people saying that 6.2 is the last content patch in WoD? It's not.

    Don't you people remember, months ago, when Blizzard confirmed that Grommash would be the expansion's final boss?
    I hate to break it to you, but he's not a boss in Hellfire Citadel.
    Groms got balls but even he wouldn't side with us to fight archy only for him to turn on us with his non existent army armed only with a axe.

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    5,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    Groms got balls but even he wouldn't side with us to fight archy only for him to turn on us with his non existent army armed only with a axe.
    I can think of a dozen different scenarios in which Grom would become the villain.

    I think the main point of WoD's story is that 'you can't escape fate'; Grom is doomed to drink the blood of Mannoroth, the story writing isn't all THAT good, it's kind of obvious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •